Haywood Vs SG Region title

Kruger77

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Everybody knows that the Chargers have to run the ball to have a chance against Haywood. Two years ago, our fullback, EuMorrion Flowers, had a career day running the ball, and the Chargers came away from Brownsville with the win. Last year, Haywood shut us down completely. 

Jamarion Dowell is our senior running back, but I personally think that soph running back Skylan Smith may be the key to whether we can have success on offense. Smith picked up 220 yards on 27 carries vs, Dyer County. I know that the Haywood D is several levels better than DC, but I still think that Smith may affect the outcome of this game. 

11 minutes ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

I honestly think our dc, Rebstock has learned a lesson or two since then about the wing t or as man of millions put it “the option offense”  I think we will be just fine! Just my personal opinion 

This year the Charger coaching staff  has shown multiple formations . Not saying Haywood will not be coached up but it does give them more to prepare for other than just the wing t formation. I really have enjoyed the play calling this year! I’m sure Kirby will have a few things up his sleeve come Friday night. 

10 hours ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

This year the Charger coaching staff  has shown multiple formations . Not saying Haywood will not be coached up but it does give them more to prepare for other than just the wing t formation. I really have enjoyed the play calling this year! I’m sure Kirby will have a few things up his sleeve come Friday night. 

Do a lo of players go both ways for Covington? That tempo will make cowards of a lot of teams.

I am  from Covington and I played for Covington. I love the Chargers deeply!! I strongly support the Tomcat’s as well because I live in Brownsville and my kids go to school here. It’s a win win game for me. LOL  This game is big for both teams for a multiple of reasons. 
Covington will have a big advantage due to playing at home and the Charger fans will be loud and proud!! However I just can’t see the Chargers beating this Tomcat squad. The only chance the chargers have is to drastically increase their passing offense! Which is just not characteristic of Covington. This Tomcat team is something serious and anyone playing them better lookout! If the Chargers pull out the win, then 3A, beware!! 
Go Chargers! 
Go Tomcats!

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Do a lo of players go both ways for Covington? That tempo will make cowards of a lot of teams.

A couple. Yea I agree with the tempo. It really hurt you when your offense can’t stay on the field to give your Defense a break. Hopefully our offense can this your because last your it definitely didn’t happen. 

3 minutes ago, Chargercats said:

I am  from Covington and I played for Covington. I love the Chargers deeply!! I strongly support the Tomcat’s as well because I live in Brownsville and my kids go to school here. It’s a win win game for me. LOL  This game is big for both teams for a multiple of reasons. 
Covington will have a big advantage due to playing at home and the Charger fans will be loud and proud!! However I just can’t see the Chargers beating this Tomcat squad. The only chance the chargers have is to drastically increase their passing offense! Which is just not characteristic of Covington. This Tomcat team is something serious and anyone playing them better lookout! If the Chargers pull out the win, then 3A, beware!! 
Go Chargers! 
Go Tomcats!

I was born in Brownsville. Parents both are Tomcats. Mother is class of 94’. Haywood blood but Charger at heart! Moved to Covington at a early age lol! 
I always pull for the Tomcats when they are not playing the Chargers. 

Maybe our coaching staff learned a few thing last year that will help us out some.