Sequatchie County vs Giles on Thursday

CatDaddy1

Sequatchie was one of my favorite road trips in recent memory. Very welcoming, tremendous little local food scene.

Top 3 Local Eateries for visiting fans:

Hickory House -- right beside the stadium. could park there and walk over to the stadium no problem. a Pulaski staple. Terrific meat-and-three spot, but also has full menu.

Kitchen 218 -- hip new restaurant in town. Burgers, pizza and adult beverages. Plenty of TVs and bar space/seating. just off of the Pulaski square. about a mile from the stadium.

Southern Table -- directly across the street from Kitchen 218. southern upscale dining. really nice menu.

Safe travels heading over to The Brickyard on Thursday night.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:53 AM, wneely said:

Sequatchie was one of my favorite road trips in recent memory. Very welcoming, tremendous little local food scene.

Top 3 Local Eateries for visiting fans:

Hickory House -- right beside the stadium. could park there and walk over to the stadium no problem. a Pulaski staple. Terrific meat-and-three spot, but also has full menu.

Kitchen 218 -- hip new restaurant in town. Burgers, pizza and adult beverages. Plenty of TVs and bar space/seating. just off of the Pulaski square. about a mile from the stadium.

Southern Table -- directly across the street from Kitchen 218. southern upscale dining. really nice menu.

Safe travels heading over to The Brickyard on Thursday night.

Make it a top 5 when you add in Sarge's Shack and Nick's Grill at I65 when you come in on Hwy 64.

Not sure how far down the Cats are this year, maybe blockheads expectations are high.  I don't think Sequatchie has played the level of competition that Giles has.  Combine that and the long drive and the Brickyard atmosphere and it adds up to a long night for Sequatchie and even longer ride home.  Safe travels to all. GO CATS!!!

14 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

Did Giles have some kids transfer out in addition to the seniors that graduated off last years team cause this years team that I’ve seen on film is certainly no where near the caliber as a whole as last years team.  I assumed y’all had some kids transfer out of the program was curious if that’s the case. 

The "caliber" you speak of isn't that much different. Giles went 9-0 last year... barely beat Nolensville and then never played Page due to COVID.

This year they are probably going to go 8-2... barely lose to Nolensville (a 4th down away from a win) and then lost to Page.

Not sure how we can deduce "caliber" based off of almost the exact same results.

They're right on track for another deep playoff run.