Oz @ Coalfield

rtl112

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, tbone82 said:

I give OS the edge. If it comes down to running the ball OS is the better team. If Coalfield starts to air it out then OS will be in trouble. Late in the year you win games on the ground so I say 20-14 OS.

Agree generally with the ground game late in year but Friday is supposed to be perfect weather. 55 and sunny at kickoff. 

20 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Agree generally with the ground game late in year but Friday is supposed to be perfect weather. 55 and sunny at kickoff. 

I hadn’t got a chance look at the weather up there this week so thanks for letting me know to wear my shorts hahaha, but that temperature might be more to CFs favor. I do believe that the weather plays a part but also by “late in the year” I mean mentality too. Run game has to be there the farther you go no matter the conditions. 

4 minutes ago, tbone82 said:

I hadn’t got a chance look at the weather up there this week so thanks for letting me know to wear my shorts hahaha, but that temperature might be more to CFs favor. I do believe that the weather plays a part but also by “late in the year” I mean mentality too. Run game has to be there the farther you go no matter the conditions. 

Agreed. And a running game tends to travel well. 

Both of these are good posts.OS does seem to lay a big egg at times.CF has been consistent this year.By no means the same team as last year but with the exception of OS our region is way down.OS size is their only advantage and a decent coach will figure that out.I give that edge to CF.Give them a short field and the momentum will change.We held our finger in the Dam for 3 quarters waiting on our offensive genius to help our boys score and the D just couldnt hold on with the short fields.I still think CF wins because of kids that are quick and will make more plays OS secondary is very subject for sure!

Edited by orngnblk