Oz @ Coalfield

rtl112

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

The final score was 40-6. Lots of talk about ifs and buts. 40-6. The game is 48 minutes long. It's not 24 or 36. It's 48 minutes long and every minute counts as much as the next. 

If we didn't have turnovers, if we didn't have penalties, etc. Maybe if you could have run the ball you wouldn't have gotten blown out. Greenback is the worst coached offense I've watched all year. And they don't have the athletes to overcome the poor coaching that some teams have. Coalfield is the opposite. They are extremely well coached and also have athletes all over the field. Hines is a stud. The perfect Single A QB. He can run, he can throw, he's very well composed, and is a great leader. They will be a tough out in playoffs but they eventually will run into a bigger and faster team and get beat. Greenback is in trouble until they change coaches.

Great post. My only coaching concern from CF is Napier loses his cool and costs his kids too often and the DC is over aggressive at bad times in the game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final score was 40-6. Lots of talk about ifs and buts. 40-6. The game is 48 minutes long. It's not 24 or 36. It's 48 minutes long and every minute counts as much as the next. 

If we didn't have turnovers, if we didn't have penalties, etc. Maybe if you could have run the ball you wouldn't have gotten blown out. Greenback is the worst coached offense I've watched all year. And they don't have the athletes to overcome the poor coaching that some teams have. Coalfield is the opposite. They are extremely well coached and also have athletes all over the field. Hines is a stud. The perfect Single A QB. He can run, he can throw, he's very well composed, and is a great leader. They will be a tough out in playoffs but they eventually will run into a bigger and faster team and get beat. Greenback is in trouble until they change coaches.

Just because the OC cannot get the ball into the hands of our best players is not the Athletes fault.His offensive play calling is atrocious I whole heartedly agree.14,2 are as good or better than any WR in the region and ran by Coalfield #2 ran the KO back and ran away from anyone on CFs team.14 is an outstanding football player CF couldnt keep up with him either.#6,#7,#23 all are very talented kids.#1 the Freshman RB will also be a great player when the coach turns the job over to him.#3 the Freshman QB will also be a head turner "when" the coach actually let's him take the job.Our real weakness is 3 Freshman on the Oline and the play calling.We can matchup with anyone in the athlete department.To win games your playmakers HAVE to touch the ball.So I disagree with you assessment of our "Athletes ".The CF QB is a good player but I've seen some great 1A QBs and he is good player but FAR from a great one.Parker McKinney was about as perfect as you could get.Carnes for GB was great also.Completley different levels than this years CF QB.

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Just because the OC cannot get the ball into the hands of our best players is not the Athletes fault.His offensive play calling is atrocious I whole heartedly agree.14,2 are as good or better than any WR in the region and ran by Coalfield #2 ran the KO back and ran away from anyone on CFs team.14 is an outstanding football player CF couldnt keep up with him either.#6,#7,#23 all are very talented kids.#1 the Freshman RB will also be a great player when the coach turns the job over to him.#3 the Freshman QB will also be a head turner "when" the coach actually let's him take the job.Our real weakness is 3 Freshman on the Oline and the play calling.We can matchup with anyone in the athlete department.To win games your playmakers HAVE to touch the ball.So I disagree with you assessment of our "Athletes ".The CF QB is a good player but I've seen some great 1A QBs and he is good player but FAR from a great one.Parker McKinney was about as perfect as you could get.Carnes for GB was great also.Completley different levels than this years CF QB.

I can only go by the guys I see get the ball and vs Oneida, you had 1 athlete. And he was playing the wrong position. Maybe you guys have some young talent coming up. 

As far as Cole goes, he's an All-State Single A QB. Absolutely perfect for that level of football. He can run, he can throw, and he's very smart and a tremendous leader. He will never play at the next level but he will graduate with a ton of wins on his resume. And stats out the kazoo. He would start for alot of teams in our area, including a bunch of 3A and 4A schools. I'm sure there have been better ones, that wasn't my point. 

57 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Definitely, on a different level as far as qbs in comparison.  I agree with you on the athletes you have.  A good coach puts those athletes in position to make plays.  Greenback could very well be competing for the region if they had a good coach.  K

16 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Definitely, on a different level as far as qbs in comparison.  I agree with you on the athletes you have.  A good coach puts those athletes in position to make plays.  Greenback could very well be competing for the region if they had a good coach.  K

16 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

YOU and that Oneida boy with the orange hat know us as well as anyone!

I can only go by the guys I see get the ball and vs Oneida, you had 1 athlete. And he was playing the wrong position. Maybe you guys have some young talent coming up. 

As far as Cole goes, he's an All-State Single A QB. Absolutely perfect for that level of football. He can run, he can throw, and he's very smart and a tremendous leader. He will never play at the next level but he will graduate with a ton of wins on his resume. And stats out the kazoo. He would start for alot of teams in our area, including a bunch of 3A and 4A schools. I'm sure there have been better ones, that wasn't my point. 

Asking for a friend does the QB have a sister that cheers?:roflolk:

Edited by orngnblk