AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18, 2022

Southtowner

13 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Not valid. City is a heck of a team but no way they are right behind Lipscomb Academy whose top 25 team and they aint even ranked #1 in the state. Alcoa being behind Mckenzie and City no way besides maybe if you combined both of them. The more I look at this poll I laugh how in the world is Dresden ranked higher than Nolensville? 

I’ve seen Nolensville. They’re a Paper Tiger just waiting to get exposed. They were much better the last 2 seasons. 
I don’t know about Dresden but FC would Definitely beat them by 21 easily. I’m actually shocked that they’re ranked this high. Anyone want to comment?

3 hours ago, hogheaven said:

Enjoying the sparring.  Hope the game lives up to the hype

He is from West Carroll. No sparring between Peabody and Huntingdon because both fan bases have a ton of respect for each other. Wait until next week when we play West Carroll, he will not post all week. We played West Carroll twice last year and they didn’t pick up a single first down on our defense in either game. He bashes everything about Trenton, and when someone asks him why he is so negative towards our kids all you hear is crickets. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

:-)

Sonny does actually have some teams about right. He has Elizabethton in the top 15 with 4 close losses. Their defense is for real but their offense was a no show the first 4 games. They’ve won 3 in a row including a 1pt lose at Anderson Co and a Win at a talented 5A Rhea Co team. They lost early at Greenville by 21 but IF they get their O going they could be someone that nobody wants to face in the playoffs. . Jus an example. I like his ratings except I believe he has Alcoa ranked too low. . Otherwise i think he’s pretty close on how the statewide teams would match up with their first 11 on both sides. . I’d LOVE to see a Greenville Alcoa matchup. Considering GHS beat  Dobyns Bennett and Alcoa beat Maryville i think it’d be a Hellave a Game. Too bad it won’t happen because of the 4A vs 3A. I think I’d be a pick’em matchup and I’d really like to see how they matchup against each other. . Maybe TSSAA will push Alcoa into 4A where they belong because of the internal “recruiting”. Great Knoxville area Athletes parent wants a great paying job. Go to Alcoa Corp and put in an application and start at 27-28$ an hour immediately. Jus move into the district and ur Kid is immediately eligible. Recruiting by Job opportunity. It’s been going on for decades. The TSSAA says “we can’t do anything because the kids move”. Well it certainly NEEDS to be Addressed. 

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

:-)

Hey South Town with much respect Sonny Moore kinda sees things like me. Not totally btw. I Definitely think he has Alcoa way too low. But he has an Elizabethton team which is 4-4 about right which on the record is CRAZY. . But when I look at his list I think alot of the teams “ranked” within 10 spots apart would have a competitive game. I’d LOVE to see Greenville and Alcoa Play. .. That’d Definitely be a Hellave Matchup. I think you’d agree. But I’m interested in your opinion brother ?

14 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Not valid. City is a heck of a team but no way they are right behind Lipscomb Academy whose top 25 team and they aint even ranked #1 in the state. Alcoa being behind Mckenzie and City no way besides maybe if you combined both of them. The more I look at this poll I laugh how in the world is Dresden ranked higher than Nolensville? 

Agree Alcoa is ranked too low 

14 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Agree Alcoa is Definitely ranked too low no doubt. . But I’ve seen Nolensville they’re way Worse than their record. Trust me. They won’t win their Quad in the playoffs. And i honestly believe FC could beat them. Jus my opinion from seeing both teams multiple times this year. 

12 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

Absolutely not.

I'm a 1A lifer, but none of our schools have any business sharing a field with any true Top 10 teams.

Well FC has soundly beaten 2 4A currently ranked teams after taking the loss. . And a 2A Lewis Co team that’s ranked and their only loss. A ranked 1A team their only loss. I do think Alcoa is ranked too low. They would dominate anyone in 1A including FC. But there’s A lot of teams in the Top 25 that FC would DEFINITELY compete with. 
Mckenzie appears to be the only team that has a shot at this loaded FC team IF they get outta their Quad in the playoffs. . I’d LOVE to see that rematch at McKenzie this year IF it happens. Both teams are quite capable of beating many ranked teams in higher classes this season. 

7 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Well FC has soundly beaten 2 4A currently ranked teams after taking the loss. . And a 2A Lewis Co team that’s ranked and their only loss. A ranked 1A team their only loss. I do think Alcoa is ranked too low. They would dominate anyone in 1A including FC. But there’s A lot of teams in the Top 25 that FC would DEFINITELY compete with. 
Mckenzie appears to be the only team that has a shot at this loaded FC team IF they get outta their Quad in the playoffs. . I’d LOVE to see that rematch at McKenzie this year IF it happens. Both teams are quite capable of beating many ranked teams in higher classes this season. 

I thought we were talking about TRUE Top 10 teams as in the actual 10 best teams in the state.

According to unapproved website these are the best teams in the state.

1. Lipscomb Academy

2. Montgomery Bell 

3. Baylor

4. McCallie 

5. Oakland

6. West 

7. Brentwood Academy

8. Beech 

9. Ensworth 

10. FRA 

11. East Nashville

12. Farragut