3. Dresden

4. Clay County

5. South Pittsburg

6. Peabody

7. Gordonsville

8. Moore County

9. Coalfield

10. Whitwell

Honorable Mention: Lake County (Didn't know enough about them), MASE (Them Memphis schools never really earn the hype).

I haven't dedicated nearly as much time to football this year as previous years. Is there a reason why the west is so strong this year?

Is there trouble at Beene or something? It seems as though the Pirates aren't as strong as usual.

Also expected more out of the legacy programs. Greenback, Cloudland? 

What is going on, guys????

Greenback is simple,Principle hired a Coach with a horrible Coaching resume.Lost at Union County (I know everyone has there) was fired for playing a kid under concussion protocol with out parents approval. Went to Sweetwater went 7-5 first year then took them straight to the bottom and in year 4 was hired to Coach GB when wasnt even a coach was over strength and conditioning for Sweetwater.Our Principle Mike Casteel of course was a Maryville alum and so was the guy he hired.Over many qualified applicants!!We have the talent to make the semis but he is our OC and wont change his PREDICTABLE offense for nothing.You asked so there it is.A top tier program for 35 years and now we are playing just to make the playoffs!!

Edited by orngnblk

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback is simple,Principle hired a Coach with a horrible Coaching resume.Lost at Union County (I know everyone has there) was fired for playing a kid under concussion protocol with out parents approval. Went to Sweetwater went 7-5 first year then took them straight to the bottom and in year 4 was hired to Coach GB when wasnt even a coach was over strength and conditioning for Sweetwater.Our Principle Mike Casteel of course was a Maryville alum and so was the guy he hired.Over many qualified applicants!!We have the talent to make the semis but he is our OC and wont change his PREDICTABLE offense for nothing.You asked so there it is.A top tier program for 35 years and now we are playing just to make the playoffs!!

We can be miserable together for the time being. We're going through a similar situation in the Basin. Inmates are running the prison and we're just along for the ride. 

Has gameday atmosphere suffered? I know Cooper Field has been electric when I've visited in the past.

6 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

We can be miserable together for the time being. We're going through a similar situation in the Basin. Inmates are running the prison and we're just along for the ride. 

Has gameday atmosphere suffered? I know Cooper Field has been electric when I've visited in the past.

Yes it has.Harriman was a must win for playoff and the stands were half empty!We cannot keep this up.

SouthTown Class 1A Top 10

1. Fayetteville 

2. McKenzie 

3. MASE

4. Peabody 

5. Gordonsville 

6. SP

7. Moore Co

8. Dresden

9. Clay Co

10. Lake Co

Same as last week except Fayetteville regains the top spot. 

I think Gordonsville is tops in the East. 

The West could have the best 6-7 teams. 

I think 5-10 are close to one another.  

Edit:  MASE at #3 ?   We shall see. 

I can see Peabody moving up to #3. 

Edited by Southtowner
I'm the editor

1 hour ago, TheRefuter said:

TheRefuter 1A Top 10 10/19

1. Fayetteville

2. McKenzie

3. Dresden

4. Clay County

5. South Pittsburg

6. Peabody

7. Gordonsville

8. Moore County

9. Coalfield

10. Whitwell

Honorable Mention: Lake County (Didn't know enough about them), MASE (Them Memphis schools never really earn the hype).

I haven't dedicated nearly as much time to football this year as previous years. Is there a reason why the west is so strong this year?

Is there trouble at Beene or something? It seems as though the Pirates aren't as strong as usual.

Also expected more out of the legacy programs. Greenback, Cloudland? 

What is going on, guys????

Dresden isn't 3. 6-8 is more like it for us. 

1 minute ago, TheRefuter said:

I'll trust your judgement.

I just gave weight to west teams and was impressed with the Westview win. I still say you're 6th at worst.

How do you think y'all would match up with Peabody?

I think we would match up better against Peabody than we did McKenzie. Not saying we would win but I think it would be a closer game. My opinion is Trenton is better. But opinions are like what??????????

20 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Golly gee whillakers.. what a group of tough teams out here in the West. Dude!! Whichever one of us wins out this bracket, man we will have done something! Hope we don’t play ourselves out & drain the tank before getting to finals, or be so battered & busted up that the key players & several stud reserves aren’t full-steam. But, if so, that’s part of it, right? Next man up! Here’s your chance guys.. go for it! ‘Tis one of countless reasons why I LUV football! 

The east is praying everything you said above actually happens. :roflol: