AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18, 2022

Southtowner

10 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

McKenzie is just a better all around team. From the defense to the quarterback. 

You will find out next week about Peabody when you see them up close and personal. I am not arguing that McKenzie is better but Peabody has the best player in 1A on their team talent wise. Derek Kee is the best player I have ever watched in person. He has all the talent in the world. I have seen a lot of football in my lifetime and he is one of the few that I can say that if things go right he has a legit imitate shot at playing on Sundays. Some of these other players are great players but none of them have his skill set. 

4 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

You will find out next week about Peabody when you see them up close and personal. I am not arguing that McKenzie is better but Peabody has the best player in 1A on their team talent wise. Derek Kee is the best player I have ever watched in person. He has all the talent in the world. I have seen a lot of football in my lifetime and he is one of the few that I can say that if things go right he has a legit imitate shot at playing on Sundays. Some of these other players are great players but none of them have his skill set. 

I've seen Peabody. I've seen McKenzie. Why do y'all cry everytime someone says another team is better? Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

23 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Also Derek is a fantastic receiver will not argue that for a second. 

16 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I've seen Peabody. I've seen McKenzie. Why do y'all cry everytime someone says another team is better? Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

As a team they are better this year overall, but it only takes a team to be better for forty-eight minutes. To be honest, you lose all credibility because you constantly hate on any team that has a history of success. For you to say that they are better that bodes real good for us because your assessments are usually wrong.

Just now, thunderbolts said:

As a team they are better this year overall, but it only takes a team to be better for forty-eight minutes. To be honest, you lose all credibility because you constantly hate on any team that has a history of success. For you to say that they are better that bodes real good for us because your assessments are usually wrong.

No I hate on a particular team that wins 3 straight titles in 2A sees a dropoff coming so they play in 1A thinking they'll get some easy rings. It's actually comical because you'll end up with 0. If you want to think I'm usually wrong that's fine nobody is going to try to change that. I can say this with 100% fact I called y'all losing to McKenzie last year. I'm calling it again too....if you make it that far. 

20 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

No I hate on a particular team that wins 3 straight titles in 2A sees a dropoff coming so they play in 1A thinking they'll get some easy rings. It's actually comical because you'll end up with 0. If you want to think I'm usually wrong that's fine nobody is going to try to change that. I can say this with 100% fact I called y'all losing to McKenzie last year. I'm calling it again too....if you make it that far. 

If you think that Peabody thought they would have some easy rings by going to 1A you are crazy! Everyone that is involved with high school football around this area knew that McKenzie was going to be loaded these past three years. We have known that their Class of 2023 was loaded since they were in the 5th grade. If Peabody wanted as you say "easy rings" (which there is no such thing as an easy state championship) then they would have stayed in 2A. You have been having this discussion for over a year now with the Peabody people and you still have not answered the question of who did the 2A State Champions lose to last year. Their only loss last year if I am not mistaken. Your entire argument is false and I am done arguing with you. I just hope your linebackers next week don't decide to kick our linemen in the balls after we score a touchdown on you guys like they did last year. If it was the NFL they would have been suspended for at least a season. Absolutely no sportsmanship.

25 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

If you think that Peabody thought they would have some easy rings by going to 1A you are crazy! Everyone that is involved with high school football around this area knew that McKenzie was going to be loaded these past three years. We have known that their Class of 2023 was loaded since they were in the 5th grade. If Peabody wanted as you say "easy rings" (which there is no such thing as an easy state championship) then they would have stayed in 2A. You have been having this discussion for over a year now with the Peabody people and you still have not answered the question of who did the 2A State Champions lose to last year. Their only loss last year if I am not mistaken. Your entire argument is false and I am done arguing with you. I just hope your linebackers next week don't decide to kick our linemen in the balls after we score a touchdown on you guys like they did last year. If it was the NFL they would have been suspended for at least a season. Absolutely no sportsmanship.

It's not false just how it is. Nobody wins 3x and drops classifications. I'm sure you can't name a team in Tennessee or the nation for that matter who has pulled that move. Deflect all you want it's the way it is. 

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

SouthTown Class 1A Top 10

1. Fayetteville 

2. McKenzie 

3. MASE

4. Peabody 

5. Gordonsville 

6. SP

7. Moore Co

8. Dresden

9. Clay Co

10. Lake Co

Same as last week except Fayetteville regains the top spot. 

I think Gordonsville is tops in the East. 

The West could have the best 6-7 teams. 

I think 5-10 are close to one another.  

Edit:  MASE at #3 ?   We shall see. 

I can see Peabody moving up to #3. 

Good list you have. I tend to agree with you on all points mentioned. 

• Upvote 1