DII - A final week standings & decision games this coming week

CougarDadx2

11 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

Because of the obvious.  It reflects the overall quality of the team.  Maybe you are not aware of this so I will spell it out for you.  4-6 is a LOSING record.  Let that soak in some.  Ponder on it for a day or two.  A 4-6 team is NOT A GOOD TEAM.  Once in a blue moon a 4-6 team will make a deep playoff run but not anywhere close to enough to say a team with a losing record can be playoff illegible.  Of course, the way things are now, they can.  That's a rule that the great majority of people out here that pay to see high school football think should be changed.

CPA has a losing record, so are you saying they are not a good team?  what does that make oakland because they got manhandled by CPA?  just curious. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

Because of the obvious.  It reflects the overall quality of the team.  Maybe you are not aware of this so I will spell it out for you.  4-6 is a LOSING record.  Let that soak in some.  Ponder on it for a day or two.  A 4-6 team is NOT A GOOD TEAM.  Once in a blue moon a 4-6 team will make a deep playoff run but not anywhere close to enough to say a team with a losing record can be playoff illegible.  Of course, the way things are now, they can.  That's a rule that the great majority of people out here that pay to see high school football think should be changed.

A very nuanced and well reasoned argument. Let’s explore a hypothetical situation that I will try to keep at least semi realistic. 

next year USJ will be sharing a region with Lausanne, ECS, Northpoint, and St George. That leaves six non-region games to be filled. To prove the Coach T public school truthers wrong, USJ schedules Milan, Union City, Peabody, Huntingdon, South Side, and Hardin County. 

Let’s say they are competitive in all those games, but end up dropping them all except South Side. Then they lose to Lausanne. #2 seed in their region, get to host first two rounds of playoffs. Still not worthy of a playoff spot? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

I guess a 13 point loss to the 2 seed in the east counts as a beat down. Also, put up significantly more yardage against Union City than USJ did. I know it wasn't a close game...but that was never my original argument was it? Just said their offense was dangerous. 

The fact they played JC close just proves my point of teams getting better as the year goes on. If our goal is to have entertaining playoff games, then excluding teams who struggled earlier in the season and now have turned it on seems counter-intuitive. 

And of course I don't live in the real world. I'm commenting on a CoachT message board. 

Hey TnBuck, you can’t argue with stupid!:))

14 minutes ago, Intense said:

Hey TnBuck, you can’t argue with stupid!:))

Once again Mr. Stupid is living up to his name. He obviously does nor understand the TSSAA rulebook on how teams qualify for the playoffs. Last time I checked the TSSAA filled its tournament bracket with teams based on how they finish in region play.  Overall record is only the second tie breaker.  It sure looks like TCA will make the tournament with a 4-2 record,  The math classes I took taught me the a record o 4-2 is 2 games over .500. My math tells me that they have won 67 percent of the games required by the TSSAA for playoff consideration. Yousostupid is just a troll looking to stir the pot. I suggest ignoring him and his off base comments. He will likely end up messing with a bull and end up getting the horns.  Of course, I'm just "shaking the bush Boss".

12 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

A very nuanced and well reasoned argument. Let’s explore a hypothetical situation that I will try to keep at least semi realistic. 

next year USJ will be sharing a region with Lausanne, ECS, Northpoint, and St George. That leaves six non-region games to be filled. To prove the Coach T public school truthers wrong, USJ schedules Milan, Union City, Peabody, Huntingdon, South Side, and Hardin County. 

Let’s say they are competitive in all those games, but end up dropping them all except South Side. Then they lose to Lausanne. #2 seed in their region, get to host first two rounds of playoffs. Still not worthy of a playoff spot? 

The TSSAA cannot look at it on a case by case basis.  What the heck is the matter with you.  You're talking non-sense now.

11 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Once again Mr. Stupid is living up to his name. He obviously does nor understand the TSSAA rulebook on how teams qualify for the playoffs. Last time I checked the TSSAA filled its tournament bracket with teams based on how they finish in region play.  Overall record is only the second tie breaker.  It sure looks like TCA will make the tournament with a 4-2 record,  The math classes I took taught me the a record o 4-2 is 2 games over .500. My math tells me that they have won 67 percent of the games required by the TSSAA for playoff consideration. Yousostupid is just a troll looking to stir the pot. I suggest ignoring him and his off base comments. He will likely end up messing with a bull and end up getting the horns.  Of course, I'm just "shaking the bush Boss".

Mr. #### man chimes in again.

13 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

CPA has a losing record, so are you saying they are not a good team?  what does that make oakland because they got manhandled by CPA?  just curious. 

A losing record is a losing record.  Playing extra good one Friday night does not matter.  I have watched the Oakland game.  "Manhandled" is simply you lying.  They did not manhandle Oakland by any stretch of the imagination.  Why do you want to say a lie like that.  Does your mother know where you are?

19 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

.500 in region play? Absolutely, can totally get behind that. Fail to see how a team's games outside of region should affect their playoff standing, though. 

The same way it affects college and pro teams.  Your overall record should mean something.  If Alabama goes undefeated in the SEC but loses 3 non conference games, are they making the playoffs?  No.  That doesn't mean you can't lose a few games to better teams, but it does mean you should win the games you should win.  If you don't OR if you just aren't quite good enough to win 50% of your games....you don't make the playoffs that year.  Pretty simple and rewarding if you make it.

1 hour ago, swagulator said:

The same way it affects college and pro teams.  Your overall record should mean something.  If Alabama goes undefeated in the SEC but loses 3 non conference games, are they making the playoffs?  No.  That doesn't mean you can't lose a few games to better teams, but it does mean you should win the games you should win.  If you don't OR if you just aren't quite good enough to win 50% of your games....you don't make the playoffs that year.  Pretty simple and rewarding if you make it.

I honestly cannot tell if you are being serious. If Alabama goes undefeated in the SEC and loses three non-conference games, then they are still making the SEC championship game, which is directly related to how many SEC games they win. Much like how making the TSSAA playoffs is directly related to how many games you win in your region. 

The college football playoffs is not even close to a good comparison here. 

5 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

I honestly cannot tell if you are being serious. If Alabama goes undefeated in the SEC and loses three non-conference games, then they are still making the SEC championship game, which is directly related to how many SEC games they win. Much like how making the TSSAA playoffs is directly related to how many games you win in your region. 

The college football playoffs is not even close to a good comparison here. 

"I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it".  I wasn't talking about the SEC Championship.  What do you think is more important to them, the SEC Championship or the National Championship?  In my example, with 3 losses, Alabama does NOT make the playoffs or get to play for a National Championship.  If that doesn't make sense to you, then nothing will.  Playoffs in high school SHOULD mean something like it did back in the day.  Today making the playoffs means nothing.  Congrats!