The Ridge @ Campbell County

SweetScience

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

OR is finally hitting their stride. We are healthy now. If I was in 5A I wouldn’t want to meet OR in the playoffs right now. Smothering defense tonight. Awesome game plan by Ayer’s.

Oak Ridge absolutely shut out a powerful passing offense and scored as well. I am afraid to get my hopes up as the playoffs can be a different atmosphere. But the Cougars ran to the hills tonight. I did not expect this anywhere. I did expect OR to win by say 14. However Makes me ponder this one; what's up?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

OR is finally hitting their stride. We are healthy now. If I was in 5A I wouldn’t want to meet OR in the playoffs right now. Smothering defense tonight. Awesome game plan by Ayer’s.

I agree.Ive been really impressed with Ayers.I knew Cummings was a good offensive coach but I was worried about losing Miner but Ayers has been great.Love how he is aggressive and makes great adjustments instead of sticking with same defense 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

I agree.Ive been really impressed with Ayers.I knew Cummings was a good offensive coach but I was worried about losing Miner but Ayers has been great.Love how he is aggressive and makes great adjustments instead of sticking with same defense 

Yeah, his defenses are definitely more aggressive than JM’s were, which sometimes you end up paying for, but I like it myself. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Robert dialed up a great defensive game plan and you can see Ethan gaining confidence fast. This is what I hoped would happen, things gel late.

• Upvote 1