Rockwood @ York

Thebalduglyduck

1 minute ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Monterey, Rockwood, and York are pretty close overall. One thing I would say is that Rockwood has the worst defense of the 3. York is really banged up. Monterey might be most balanced overall. But all 3 are going to be tough outs. I'd pick all 3 over South Greene.

Agree on all the above. SG has the players to compete but for whatever reason, they don't get it done on the field.

12 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Monterey, Rockwood, and York are pretty close overall. One thing I would say is that Rockwood has the worst defense of the 3. York is really banged up. Monterey might be most balanced overall. But all 3 are going to be tough outs. I'd pick all 3 over South Greene.

Rockwood has given up 21.22 ppg.......York 22.77 ppg.......Monterey 16.77

33 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I've seen all 3 play and Rockwood has the worst defense by far IMO. 

Look at the common regional opponents ppg. Rockwood has let up the most points in every regional game compared to the other 2. 

True.......not trying to argue.....like you said all 3 teams are very similar.....advantage to Monterey

9 minutes ago, Tigers24Fan said:

True.......not trying to argue.....like you said all 3 teams are very similar.....advantage to Monterey

I gotcha. But Rockwood has those 3 athletes that can change a game. They are very hard to handle and come at you in every direction. Monterey has the fantastic back and big QB. York probably has the best overall athlete in Lefew. Going to make for some very interesting playoff games. 

8 hours ago, Tigers24Fan said:

Rockwood has given up 21.22 ppg.......York 22.77 ppg.......Monterey 16.77

York lost to 4A Top 10 team Stone Memorial, to 4A Gibbs and 8-1 Clay Co. so those scores make York's points given up average higher than Monterey and Rockwood's weaker schedules. It was 34-7  York, in the 4th quarter against Monterey.

7 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I gotcha. But Rockwood has those 3 athletes that can change a game. They are very hard to handle and come at you in every direction. Monterey has the fantastic back and big QB. York probably has the best overall athlete in Lefew. Going to make for some very interesting playoff games. 

If Caden Stover can play, he's good for a touchdown or two.

15 minutes ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

If Caden Stover can play, he's good for a touchdown or two.

Agreed. York has had some costly injuries and if healthy I think they are the best team in Region 2. Stover is very good and the backup was very good as well before he got lost for the season. Lefew can take over a game. But he will need some help from Stover hopefully in playoffs. 

Honestly defensively I was shocked at how poorly Rockwood played in pass defense. They are much better vs the run but they struggle vs a pass offense. 

2 hours ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

York lost to 4A Top 10 team Stone Memorial, to 4A Gibbs and 8-1 Clay Co. so those scores make York's points given up average higher than Monterey and Rockwood's weaker schedules. It was 34-7  York, in the 4th quarter against Monterey.

Common opponents........York gave up 26.5 ppg........Monterey 22.25 ppg....York's sos is barely better than Rockwoods.......not a lot of difference in the 3