Rockwood @ York

Thebalduglyduck

6 minutes ago, Tigers24Fan said:

Common opponents........York gave up 26.5 ppg........Monterey 22.25 ppg....York's sos is barely better than Rockwoods.......not a lot of difference in the 3

I can't see where any one of the 3 is just head and shoulders above the rest.  My guess is Rockwood wins Friday . Funny how things worked out last season, I thought Monterey was the best and would win the region, as it happened ,they finished 3rd and had to come to Hampton, I thought we beat the best team in the region and could definitely win the next 2.  Gonna be fun seeing what happens Friday night. 

24 minutes ago, pujo said:

I can't see where any one of the 3 is just head and shoulders above the rest.  My guess is Rockwood wins Friday . Funny how things worked out last season, I thought Monterey was the best and would win the region, as it happened ,they finished 3rd and had to come to Hampton, I thought we beat the best team in the region and could definitely win the next 2.  Gonna be fun seeing what happens Friday night. 

I like our chances but really it's a toss up.........somehow it will all work out Friday

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I think region 2 is a lot like region 3 except for Tyner. Meigs, Monterey, Bledsoe, York, Marion, Rockwood could probably beat each other on any given night. It’s all about matchups. 

Agree with this. Seems like Tyner is on another level this year. Then Hampton one level below, and then you get that next level of all those teams you mentioned that are very close. 

2 hours ago, pujo said:

This is eerily so true. Monterey looked so good first half of year and then fell off and finished 3rd. Wasn't Monterey the closest game for Hampton up until the Semifinals last year? I think they were. 

Crazy, cause if Rockwood wins Friday then York would finish 3rd after dominating the first half of the year. 

46 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

This is eerily so true. Monterey looked so good first half of year and then fell off and finished 3rd. Wasn't Monterey the closest game for Hampton up until the Semifinals last year? I think they were. 

Crazy, cause if Rockwood wins Friday then York would finish 3rd after dominating the first half of the year. 

Yeah and Oneida upset South Greene and that made us travel in the 2ond and 3rd round. Seems region 2 always has 3 or 4 thats about the same, just play different styles. Think we've went against several different styles so we should be able to prepare for the type stuff different teams will throw at us. Go against a Brick Wall tomorrow night, if and I say if we can move the chains on them, we'll move the ball against any team we face in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, pujo said:

Yeah and Oneida upset South Greene and that made us travel in the 2ond and 3rd round. Seems region 2 always has 3 or 4 thats about the same, just play different styles. Think we've went against several different styles so we should be able to prepare for the type stuff different teams will throw at us. Go against a Brick Wall tomorrow night, if and I say if we can move the chains on them, we'll move the ball against any team we face in the playoffs.

Doesn't matter what styles you go against as each team has different caliber of weapons and no two teams are the same no matter what you say. I do believe Hampton is the team to beat and no team in Region 2 can touch them. Rockwood is too undisciplined, York is undersized, Oneida has zero ground game, and Monterrey has probably the best team to have chance to beat them. York wins Friday though because of Lefew.

34 minutes ago, Fanofballs365 said:

Doesn't matter what styles you go against as each team has different caliber of weapons and no two teams are the same no matter what you say. I do believe Hampton is the team to beat and no team in Region 2 can touch them. Rockwood is too undisciplined, York is undersized, Oneida has zero ground game, and Monterrey has probably the best team to have chance to beat them. York wins Friday though because of Lefew.

I'm sure York Has a good shot of winning this game. As far as the rest of it, you know these teams better than I would

1 hour ago, Fanofballs365 said:

Can't really disagree with any of that. 

23 hours ago, Fanofballs365 said:

It will be a good game, thinking it will be one score either way