Schools that moved up per TSSAA

fredjones

10 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

I would say Loudon will go to Region 3 because they are close to Sequoyah 

Here is what I'm predicting for 4A.  Right now, there are only 5 schools in the Chattanooga Region.  With Loudon playing up, I feel like that definitely sends Sequoyah to Region 3 for balance.  The distances do not add up though.  If the TSSAA is truly concerned with travel?

Region 1- 7 teams- With Northview going to Region 1.

Region 2- 7 teams- With the addition of Loudon to the Knoxville region, that could give Region 1 & 2 an even split.  Sequoyah to Region 2 would make their farthest Region game about an hour and fifteen minutes away to Gibbs.

Region 3- 6 teams- Chattanooga schools + Sequoyah (Sequoyah's shortest trip in Region 3 would be to East Ridge, which is an hour and eighteen minutes)

Region 4- 7 teams

Region 5- 8 teams.  With Marshall County having about an hour and a half average travel time.

Region 6 & 7- 11 teams total.  2 scenarios here.  Does the TSSAA split them with Interstate 40 or do they use a East-West divide?

Interstate 40 Split

Region 6- Hardin County, Chester County, Jackson South Side, Lexington, Fayette-Ware (5 teams)

Region 7- Obion County Central, South Gibson, Jackson North Side, Haywood County, Crockett County, Dyer County (6 teams)

or

East-West Split

Region 6- Hardin County, Chester County, Jackson North Side, Jackson South Side, Lexington, South Gibson (6 teams)

Region 7- Obion County, Dyer County, Haywood County, Crockett County, Fayette Ware (5 teams)

Region 8- 6 teams

Edited by TNClassified

Little disappointed Alcoa didn't move up knowing their school enrollment will swell due to the new big plants opening before next school year. If their wanting a cheap trophy that means nothing ruling over schools that clearly have no money and have more schools fighting for the bottom than the top so be it. Not good thinking on AD's part gate wise. Maybe it's in the back of his mind about the Eagleton situation, the number of kids that have quit the team on Nix or with Mr. Hard Knocks gone  to Boyd Buchanan discipline has slipped a notch. Maybe it's in the back of his mind they went from giving up 37 points during the 2019 regular season, to 43 in 2020 to 78 in 2021 to 134 this season and still got a game to go. The offense is really just trying to outrace the defense is what I'm seeing.  Before I get all the hen house stirred up over there I've always said when Maryville starts to fall you'll see the cracks in the wall very fast at Alcoa because they both feed off of each other for each one's existence and the facts are there for all to see. Don't want nothing bad to happen to neither side but I said earlier when Alcoa beat Maryville they didn't get the prize they thought they won. The West loss was to a West team that was actually better last year than they are this year. Both Maryville and Alcoa have some rotten apples especially us, about a bushel full, Alcoa just a hand full but ole Gary was master at getting rid of those before they they hurt any of the rest. Look at those numbers and tell me the AD didn't think about this before staying in his safe place in 3A.

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Little disappointed Alcoa didn't move up knowing their school enrollment will swell due to the new big plants opening before next school year. If their wanting a cheap trophy that means nothing ruling over schools that clearly have no money and have more schools fighting for the bottom than the top so be it. Not good thinking on AD's part gate wise. Maybe it's in the back of his mind about the Eagleton situation, the number of kids that have quit the team on Nix or with Mr. Hard Knocks gone  to Boyd Buchanan discipline has slipped a notch. Maybe it's in the back of his mind they went from giving up 37 points during the 2019 regular season, to 43 in 2020 to 78 in 2021 to 134 this season and still got a game to go. The offense is really just trying to outrace the defense is what I'm seeing.  Before I get all the hen house stirred up over there I've always said when Maryville starts to fall you'll see the cracks in the wall very fast at Alcoa because they both feed off of each other for each one's existence and the facts are there for all to see. Don't want nothing bad to happen to neither side but I said earlier when Alcoa beat Maryville they didn't get the prize they thought they won. The West loss was to a West team that was actually better last year than they are this year. Both Maryville and Alcoa have some rotten apples especially us, about a bushel full, Alcoa just a hand full but ole Gary was master at getting rid of those before they they hurt any of the rest. Look at those numbers and tell me the AD didn't think about this before staying in his safe place in 3A.

I don't know if it's Jealousy because maryville has become irrelevant in the last 3 or 4 years or if you just like being wrong most of the time but either way, no one takes you serious either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrTwister said:

I don't know if it's Jealousy because maryville has become irrelevant in the last 3 or 4 years or if you just like being wrong most of the time but either way, no one takes you serious either.

It does no good to show the hard facts to anyone living in the dream but others can see it for themselves. You see I actually personally know more parents that have kids at Alcoa than Maryville so I want only the best for them also. If you can't see the little cracks I'm talking about wait a while you'll fall through one. You see I already know how bad Maryville had slipped but didn't realize Alcoa had slipped a little also until the West game. Then I kept seeing the other teams were putting some points on the board which I'm sure were mainly on your seconds but your seconds are your future.

20 hours ago, chrisburr said:

I dont understand why Kenwood, Northeast, Northwest and Dickson County all would do that

6A is the strongest and toughest classification to succeed in

Not Tullahoma. . according to their posts they could have whipped everyone in the State last year regardless of class. But it took double OT to beat Elizabethton ?

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It does no good to show the hard facts to anyone living in the dream but others can see it for themselves. You see I actually personally know more parents that have kids at Alcoa than Maryville so I want only the best for them also. If you can't see the little cracks I'm talking about wait a while you'll fall through one. You see I already know how bad Maryville had slipped but didn't realize Alcoa had slipped a little also until the West game. Then I kept seeing the other teams were putting some points on the board which I'm sure were mainly on your seconds but your seconds are your future.

I don't post much but I read alot and you seem to always be running that flapper about things that aren't true or turn out to be meaningless. What I have noticed is that no one ever takes you serious and for good reason. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrTwister said:

I don't post much but I read alot and you seem to always be running that flapper about things that aren't true or turn out to be meaningless. What I have noticed is that no one ever takes you serious and for good reason. 

I really don't care if no one takes me serious. I won't set on here and lie to ya about something to make you mad. Others are having the same conversations around town so believe me it's not anything I made up. Like I said I know parents of some of the kids there and one keeps telling me not next year but the next Alcoa is going to take a drop that will shock everyone and had a lot to do with Rankin getting out of Dodge before it falls on him. All parents are very proud of their kids and thinks the sun sets on them and when their gone it will all go away so I do take that in consideration but have heard some real interesting things this year. 

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I really don't care if no one takes me serious. I won't set on here and lie to ya about something to make you mad. Others are having the same conversations around town so believe me it's not anything I made up. Like I said I know parents of some of the kids there and one keeps telling me not next year but the next Alcoa is going to take a drop that will shock everyone and had a lot to do with Rankin getting out of Dodge before it falls on him. All parents are very proud of their kids and thinks the sun sets on them and when their gone it will all go away so I do take that in consideration but have heard some real interesting things this year. 

Yawn.

38 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Look at the coaching history of Coach Rankin. When that little pond gets to crowded he just jumps to another pond. There was only one competitor for players when he was at Riverdale, that was Oakland. The privates challenged him and he pitched a fit to TSSAA and the big privates ( Brentwood Academy) went DII. When Rutherford County started building 6A schools (now a big pond) next to him he went to Alcoa (small pond). Eagleville gets built  down the street he bolts to Chattanooga. Lots more to choose from in Chattanooga (big pond) and the public schools are not very good and parents want their children in private schools down there. Plus choosing and picking players is not frowned up on as much in DII.

9 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Look at the coaching history of Coach Rankin. When that little pond gets to crowded he just jumps to another pond. There was only one competitor for players when he was at Riverdale, that was Oakland. The privates challenged him and he pitched a fit to TSSAA and the big privates ( Brentwood Academy) went DII. When Rutherford County started building 6A schools (now a big pond) next to him he went to Alcoa (small pond). Eagleville gets built  down the street he bolts to Chattanooga. Lots more to choose from in Chattanooga (big pond) and the public schools are not very good and parents want their children in private schools down there. Plus choosing and picking players is not frowned up on as much in DII.

Rankin don't leave without a reason plus two on that school board went and pissed on the wrong person's leg.