Forrest at Mt Pleasant 2022

GeneralForrest

19 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Salem it is possible for a small school to hire a great coach, under the right circumstances. RR going to Summertown is a great example of that. Mt. Pleasant is another one. As far as competence or loyalty, as an administrator I want both. Maybe that is what those in charge at Forrest see in Eli. As an administrator, I am always going to hire the absolute best choice for our school. I am not sure why that would ever be a bad thing. I have seen Forrest on film but not in person. I always thought Forrest would be a great place to coach. I like the small town environment. However, I have never had the opportunity to see a game in CH. 

We've had 4 small schools in our area with openings in the last two years. Chapel Hill is a better location than all 4. Three of those made home run hires and two just won region titles when no one expected them to. The fourth, Cornersville, is in the midst of either the worst hire or worst fire in the state right now.  Rumors say several applicants that would surprise you were turned down. Unfortunately, the same people are in charge of Chapel Hill and Cornersville. See a pattern?  

We are asking for competence, not perfection or even good at this point, just average competence. 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

I don't see many names lining up to take the Forrest job though, 

Who did you see lining up to take over a 1-9 Mt Pleasant program in 2020?  Do you think Summertown is a better football opportunity than Forrest?  Was Rang even on the radar for folks looking at the Lewis Co options?  The Cornersville cluster has done more to make Marshall Co jobs unattractive than any other event. Not sure if anyone will apply now without some sort of guarantee or signing bonus. 

3 hours ago, hammerhound said:

Good point, what is Eli’s record at Forrest?

36-23

12-11 last 2 seasons. 19-16 last 3. 

Other than a 12-1 season with kids Johns taught and coached, he's 24-22. The epitome of a .500 coach, in the worst region in any class in the state. His coaching in the elimination games of 2019 and 2021 was textbook "I don't belong here at all.." both losses to Riverside by 6 and 5 points. Both games came down to his offensive playcalling. 

2019- Nick McClendon was gaining 5 yards a clip so he runs Villazon 2x for no gain, resulting in a 3rd and long then has a power runner, McClendon, run east west to the sidelines, where he was counted short of the 1st down on the sidelines. 

2021- He has QB Hunter Bennett roll right, short side of field, in a play that took "pilgrimage across the sahara" time to develop. Then a QB with a range of about 20 yards on a good day heaved it 35 yards into a crowd of 2 Forrest kids and about 8 Panthers. Incomplete, game over. 

Very similar to the 2 pt play he had Hill run this year in the Richland game, which was a horrific decision and an abysmal play call. 

He has no personality and no communication skills. 

The refs do not respect him

The kids looked like they were in Guantanamo the last 8 games this season. Thru his lack of connecting with kids, retaining them, recruiting them, and inspiring them, he was left with a JV team in the last 2 games, got skunked 49-0 at home by CASCADE, and was a couple of 1st half turnovers away (Given away by Summertown in a game where they were dominating Forrest) from losing his last 8 games. 

This has been typed, discussed, and debated ad nauseam for years. Newcomers asking "WHATS WRONG WITH HIM" are irritating, 5 years into this guy's tenure. Stop being lazy and read up. It's not difficult. 

• Upvote 1

Salem I get what you are saying. Again, Forrest, if they choose to go in a different direction, could hire a great coach. I just don't see anything that tells me from recent past actions that they would. I agree it is an attractive job in a great location. I think that is why so previous coaches used the job as a stepping stone. 

G. Forrest, I understand your frustration. I understand where your negativity comes from. Have you spoken to anyone in admin about your thoughts? It might not help, but maybe it would help you at least. As far as you mocking me or just directing your negativity towards me, I'm just an interested individual from the outside. Always liked the area and have a good friend that coached there many years ago. My folks bought land in CH so I am reading more about the program. That's all. Not trying to really add anything, just learn. 

48 minutes ago, Salem said:

We've had 4 small schools in our area with openings in the last two years. Chapel Hill is a better location than all 4. Three of those made home run hires and two just won region titles when no one expected them to. The fourth, Cornersville, is in the midst of either the worst hire or worst fire in the state right now.  Rumors say several applicants that would surprise you were turned down. Unfortunately, the same people are in charge of Chapel Hill and Cornersville. See a pattern?  

We are asking for competence, not perfection or even good at this point, just average competence. 

Who did you see lining up to take over a 1-9 Mt Pleasant program in 2020?  Do you think Summertown is a better football opportunity than Forrest?  Was Rang even on the radar for folks looking at the Lewis Co options?  The Cornersville cluster has done more to make Marshall Co jobs unattractive than any other event. Not sure if anyone will apply now without some sort of guarantee or signing bonus. 

I have had hemorrhoids last longer than the Waddell era did in Cornersville and not as painful. This hire does hurt Marshall Co. coaching jobs, but I don’t understand why Forrest can’t find a qualified coach being so close to Murfreesboro surly there is a coordinator at one of those schools that is ready to make the jump to head coach. Summit had a down year maybe make a run at Brian Coleman.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

I have had hemorrhoids last longer than the Waddell era did in Cornersville and not as painful. This hire does hurt Marshall Co. coaching jobs, but I don’t understand why Forrest can’t find a qualified coach being so close to Murfreesboro surly there is a coordinator at one of those schools that is ready to make the jump to head coach. Summit had a down year maybe make a run at Brian Coleman.

Imagine the pain and frustration of a 5 year untreated hemorrhoid. Williamson AND Rutherford County are our neighbors -there's 20 plus 5A and 6A schools within driving distance of our school. No way a qualified coordinator doesn't want to run his own program and not have to move. The excuse we can't get anyone is garbage.

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

Imagine the pain and frustration of a 5 year untreated hemorrhoid. Williamson AND Rutherford County are our neighbors -there's 20 plus 5A and 6A schools within driving distance of our school. No way a qualified coordinator doesn't want to run his own program and not have to move. The excuse we can't get anyone is garbage.

I would have to agree sounds like the ones in charge don’t feel like a change needs to be made.

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Mt. Pleasant, Lewis Co, and Summertown have all proved small schools in our area can draw in very good coaches but watching the Cornersville fiasco doesn't leave anyone with much hope in our school's leaders. If your rationale as an administrator is this is the best I can get you need to resign.

Competence rather than loyalty is a much better reason to retain an employee. If a small 2A school is having their coaches selected by 5A and 6A schools they are making excellent hires. It's not a bad thing.  Would you want Josh Heupel leading your team for two years or Butch Jones, Derek Dooley, or Jeremy Pruitt  for a decade?  

Just curious, WIP, have you watched any Forrest football games in the last 5 years?

Fayetteville has also pulled in very good coaches. I feel like cornersville had way better candidates than who they chose to hire.

35 minutes ago, Salem said:

I know one of those coaches would take the job especially with the upcoming talent forrest has

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

all the coaches and admin read this site almost daily. despite what they will or wont admit. multiple families are fed up with it.  

Dress up as Coach Eli.  Trick or treat thru the communities.  If you come home in one piece, check your candy. If you have mostly candy corn & tootsie rolls then I think Coach is gone.  If you have a bunch of snickers, kit kats, m&ms, & peanut butter cups then he's most likely staying.

58 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Dress up as Coach Eli.  Trick or treat thru the communities.  If you come home in one piece, check your candy. If you have mostly candy corn & tootsie rolls then I think Coach is gone.  If you have a bunch of snickers, kit kats, m&ms, & peanut butter cups then he's most likely staying.

if i were gonna oo as coach I'd have to practice not being able to complete a sentence in english