TSSAA 5A 1st round playoffs - Rhea County Golden Eagles @ The Ridge

SweetScience

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I think OR wins by 10, and the Wildcats score late to put it away.

I know that Coffee County is typically a doormat, but this year they are no slouch. Some fun facts about the Red Raiders in 2022:

• They just had their best regular season in the entire TSSAA playoff era.
    • Only losses were to Page and Franklin County
  • They won their region (in the playoff era) for the first time in program history.
  • The last time they won at least 8 regular season games was back in 1969(!) when they went 9-1.
  • Since 1971, this is just the 5th time they've had a winning record.
  • They've never won a playoff game in their entire history.

One other nugget - Rhea County had only played them 5 times before, and won each time. The combined record of those 5 CC teams? 10-41 (half of those wins came last season).

Edited by osunut2

4 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Good to see OR fans with a little extra giddy up in their step as the playoffs near. Unlike early, when the sky was falling and the nuclear facility was close to destruction. I like the Ridge by a couple of TD’s. Only a couple because one Rhea poster guaranteed that nobody wanted to play them in the postseason. I figure he might know something.

It was probably my comment you are referring to... Yes, a few weeks back we were gaining good experience and getting better... The wheels fell off. It happens sometimes. Good luck to whoever your team is.

I figure OR will have very little trouble dispatching the Eagles. However, I will always cheer on my Eagles!!!

• Like 1

This may piss some loser on Coach T off. In particular the losers who have made fun of Oak Ridge and the uncommon amount of injurie. If you haven't made fun of the OR's injuries then this post is not directed at you.

Latest OR injuries report had 20 players out with injuries, of which 10 are starters. Coach Cummings is hoping we will get some players healthy.

For. The. Ridge.  RWR!

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

This may piss some loser on Coach T off. In particular the losers who have made fun of Oak Ridge and the uncommon amount of injurie. If you haven't made fun of the OR's injuries then this post is not directed at you.

Latest OR injuries report had 20 players out with injuries, of which 10 are starters. Coach Cummings is hoping we will get some players healthy.

For. The. Ridge.  RWR!

First of all, Rhea County is 2-8, so I'm not very concerned, because this is obviously not a typical Rhea County team (have they ever been 2-8?). Secondly, unless OR is the only team with Sickness and injuries, I'm not worried about that either and I won't whine about it...I'll leave that to others. OR will win this game big! RWR!!!

2 hours ago, catswild said:

First of all, Rhea County is 2-8, so I'm not very concerned, because this is obviously not a typical Rhea County team (have they ever been 2-8?). Secondly, unless OR is the only team with Sickness and injuries, I'm not worried about that either and I won't whine about it...I'll leave that to others. OR will win this game big! RWR!!!

Oh, you should be worried about all the injuries and sickness. The injuries and sickness are REAL I'm not whining either. JUST STATING FACTS.

I wonder when stating facts about injuries become a soft thing. Heck, the NFL keeps up to date about injuries. Tee has been on Injury Report several times this season.  So Tee has had some injury problems. Does that make Tee soft.

Bottom line, would you rather be on 1) A healthy team with just a few players dinged up or 2) 20 players unable to practice with 10 of the players being starters??

I am not going to pick a score this week because I'm worried about Rhea. Which offense will Rhea run? Will OR stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties?

One more thing. For David to stream live the Rhea vs OR game the TSSAA wants $ 750. I don't have $750 but I have a plan. I will give David $50 if one other person is also willing to donate $50. That knocks the total David needs down to $650.

Now remember, you have to be willing to give $50. If not, the plan is useless.

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

One more thing. For David to stream live the Rhea vs OR game the TSSAA wants $ 750. I don't have $750 but I have a plan. I will give David $50 if one other person is also willing to donate $50. That knocks the total David needs down to $650.

To those who want to help David out the address to send checks is ,,,,,,,

Oak Ridge High School

PO  Box 4697

Oak Ridge, TN    37831

22 hours ago, oridgecat said:

They did play AC, Alcoa, and Elizabethton down to the wire earlier in the season, which makes the shut out loss to Coffee County a real head scratcher.  I'm assuming they have several starters out due to injury here at the end of the season.  

Alcoa was up 38-0, just 5 minutes into the 2nd Qtr. Coach Nix called the dogs, and played the 3's and Freshman the entire 3rd & 4th Qtr. The Eagles scored the 21 points against an overwhelmed Freshman Team. 

7 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oh, you should be worried about all the injuries and sickness. The injuries and sickness are REAL I'm not whining either. JUST STATING FACTS.

I wonder when stating facts about injuries become a soft thing. Heck, the NFL keeps up to date about injuries. Tee has been on Injury Report several times this season.  So Tee has had some injury problems. Does that make Tee soft.

Bottom line, would you rather be on 1) A healthy team with just a few players dinged up or 2) 20 players unable to practice with 10 of the players being starters??

I am not going to pick a score this week because I'm worried about Rhea. Which offense will Rhea run? Will OR stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties?

Mark my word...at least 19 of the 20 will play and all starters will play...you're listening and being drawn in to too much "coach talk".  Coaches, most all coaches, want to have built in excuses in case things don't go well, but some focus on it much more than others. Rhea County is NOT a good team at this stage of the season. All teams deal with injuries, especially late in the season. All teams deal with sickness, especially this time of year. So unless this sickness is strictly confined to just Oak Ridge (which is highly doubtful), the Wildcats will be just fine. Final score...OR 38 - RC 7!  RWR!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa was up 38-0, just 5 minutes into the 2nd Qtr. Coach Nix called the dogs, and played the 3's and Freshman the entire 3rd & 4th Qtr. The Eagles scored the 21 points against an overwhelmed Freshman Team. 

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about how that final score came about.  Thanks for that

• Upvote 1