PLAYOFFS: Region 5 vs Region 6- can region 5 sweep the first round???

Chiledeme

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Off subject here but had not seen Kentucky play till last night. Did not know Barion Brown was there. Really impressive to see him with that much responsibility as a freshman in the SEC. Stoops must be big on this guy.

Yea he’s  been sec freshman of the week 3x and a mid season All American. B7 got some juice. 

Been watching some region 5 games. Very good region. Top 4 are good teams. Seeing all the region 6 teams play I’ll say PC and Marshall roll in the first round. Thee other two games I think will be much closer. I do think Lexington can move the ball on Greenbriers defense but I do think it’ll be close going either way. Our game with Creek wood should be a good game as well. They are a solid team. IMO their a little better defensively than offensively. I can see why a lot of people think they win this game though. But I think HC finds a way to win at home. 

13 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Been watching some region 5 games. Very good region. Top 4 are good teams. Seeing all the region 6 teams play I’ll say PC and Marshall roll in the first round. Thee other two games I think will be much closer. I do think Lexington can move the ball on Greenbriers defense but I do think it’ll be close going either way. Our game with Creek wood should be a good game as well. They are a solid team. IMO their a little better defensively than offensively. I can see why a lot of people think they win this game though. But I think HC finds a way to win at home. 

I know it's hard to look at teams and make predictions based entirely on scores....that being said, MC gets Chester County on Friday and Chester County's last two wins were Liberty (65-18) and Bolivar Central (56-12) with a combined 1-19 record. Marshall County has steamrolled just about everyone and they truthfully didn't play very well against Greenbrier and still won by three touchdowns. Pearl Cohn shouldn't have any issue and truthfully, I think we're all hoping for a possible rematch in the third round with Marshall County. I'm interested to see what Lexington and Hardin County do. Creek Wood is a tricky team that really limits possessions and takes advantage of mistakes. Greenbrier definitely can get off the field on third down, but their QB did go down against MC. I don't know a ton about Hardin County or Lexington.

Edited by sidelineview63

6 minutes ago, sidelineview63 said:

I know it's hard to look at teams and make predictions based entirely on scores....that being said, MC gets Chester County on Friday and Chester County's last two wins were Liberty (65-18) and Bolivar Central (56-12) with a combined 1-19 record. Marshall County has steamrolled just about everyone and they truthfully didn't play very well against Greenbrier and still won by three touchdowns. I'm interested to see what Lexington and Hardin County do. Creek Wood is a tricky team that really limits possessions and takes advantage of mistakes. Greenbrier definitely can get off the field on third down, but their QB did go down against MC. I don't know a ton about Hardin County or Lexington.

7 minutes ago, sidelineview63 said:

I know it's hard to look at teams and make predictions based entirely on scores....that being said, MC gets Chester County on Friday and Chester County's last two wins were Liberty (65-18) and Bolivar Central (56-12) with a combined 1-19 record. Marshall County has steamrolled just about everyone and they truthfully didn't play very well against Greenbrier and still won by three touchdowns. I'm interested to see what Lexington and Hardin County do. Creek Wood is a tricky team that really limits possessions and takes advantage of mistakes. Greenbrier definitely can get off the field on third down, but their QB did go down against MC. I don't know a ton about Hardin County or Lexington.

Plain and simple South Side is just not a good football team. Chester improved from last year but not enough to play with the likes of Marshall County. Hardin County and Lexington have both fell off IMO this year. But I believe both could win or both could lose their games. I hope HC has their big interior lineman back for this game. He’s been sorely missed on that D front. But I do believe if HC plays a complete game on both sides of the ball they will win. Looks like region 5 teams got size up front and that is always a factor in every game.

3 hours ago, sidelineview63 said:

. Marshall County has steamrolled just about everyone and they truthfully didn't Greenbrier definitely can get off the field on third down, but their QB did go down against MC. I don't know a ton about Hardin County or Lexington.

Somebody posted that whoever’s the backup QB is runs the O better and the starting QB looks better at safety but like you said Idk if he’s playing this game

3 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Plain and simple South Side is just not a good football team. Chester improved from last year but not enough to play with the likes of Marshall County. Hardin County and Lexington have both fell off IMO this year. But I believe both could win or both could lose their games. I hope HC has their big interior lineman back for this game. He’s been sorely missed on that D front. But I do believe if HC plays a complete game on both sides of the ball they will win. Looks like region 5 teams got size up front and that is always a factor in every game.

Haven’t seen a lot of South Side besides basketball. I know their big dog is #23 and he can go but I’ve seen some crazy things in these playoffs over the years. The PC kids looked focused and loose yesterday when I stopped buy which is a good thing. Glad 98%of last year team is back so they know what to expect.

11 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Haven’t seen a lot of South Side besides basketball. I know their big dog is #23 and he can go but I’ve seen some crazy things in these playoffs over the years. The PC kids looked focused and loose yesterday when I stopped buy which is a good thing. Glad 98%of last year team is back so they know what to expect.

# 23 is a dog for SS. He runs the ball hard and is even better linebacker. He will gas though cause he plays every snap. Like to have a team full of him! Got a nose for the football!

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, Tigersandcats said:

There definitely is some size over in region 5.  It was hard to tell from the Hudl videos. But, once I saw some footage on YouTube it was evident.