McMinn Central at Sequatchie

Indian

With the exception of Polk County Central  may  have played their best game of the year in the loss to Sweetwater.  With the lead on the first drive of  the second half an illegal procedure penalty on fourth down, which was converted, turned the entire game. First and ten went to fourth and six and a missed field goal. Sweetwater took over from there.  If Central plays against Sequatchie like they did against Sweetwater and Polk I like their chances. If the Central that played against Loudon and Rockwood shows up its gonna be  a long drive home.  The question is will the kids play with the same intensity they had at Sweetwater or will they let that game beat them twice?

Edited by THE89Charger

On 10/29/2022 at 10:52 PM, THE89Charger said:

With the exception of Polk County Central  may  have played their best game of the year in the loss to Sweetwater.  With the lead on the first drive of  the second half an illegal procedure penalty on fourth down, which was converted, turned the entire game. First and ten went to fourth and six and a missed field goal. Sweetwater took over from there.  If Central plays against Sequatchie like they did against Sweetwater and Polk I like their chances. If the Central that played against Loudon and Rockwood shows up its gonna be  a long drive home.  The question is will the kids play with the same intensity they had at Sweetwater or will they let that game beat them twice?

Another factor is the amount of seniors on this years team.  One can say what you want, but that matters when dealing with a closely matched game.  Central can cause trouble for teams, but for the most part, they give more trouble to themselves.  I've been pretty spot on this year with wins and losses, but I feel like this is a winnable game for the Chargers.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Another factor is the amount of seniors on this years team.  One can say what you want, but that matters when dealing with a closely matched game.  Central can cause trouble for teams, but for the most part, they give more trouble to themselves.  I've been pretty spot on this year with wins and losses, but I feel like this is a winnable game for the Chargers.  

Friday Night was a different effort than we've seen. That effort beats Meigs, Rockwood, and competes with Loudon. That effort also wins this Friday. 

McMinn Cen. 21

Sequatchie Co. 14