Round 1- Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett

DBKPT93

31 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I thought he was very classy .Besides the players,no one is taking this loss any harder then a coach who is also a parent.I have had my share of opinions over the years but also know that right now is a very very hard time for these seniors and wish them all the best and thank them for all their hard work.

This is very true. It's tough to lose a game in the playoffs because all of the sudden you realize your season is over. As DB fans we always get over hyped about our teams. This year's team, considering the talent and those calling the shots, actually overachieved.  This was a 5-5 team at best that finished at 8-3. We got a lot of help from a very weak schedule. DB got beat by a better team tonight, Better players and better coaches. Thats just a fact. Even if you're not a top tier coach, you still feel bad about losing. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Congratulations to the Dawgs. Didn’t think they could get it done. Great season for DB considering. Hate it for their seniors, but at the end of the day, only one team holds that trophy up. I appreciate reading the classy posts from the DB fans after a tough loss.

Bearden wanted it, we didn't.  Plain and simple.

Hope to see the Dawgs again in basketball season.

17 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Death, taxes and …

Strangely enough, I find myself agreeing with you more and more each week. Wonder how the dude who started this thread likes his crow served, since he decided to call me out in the OP?

May be down on Mossy Creek tomorrow to watch C-N.  Hopefully Whitson gets some playing time tomorrow.

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Strangely enough, I find myself agreeing with you more and more each week. Wonder how the dude who started this thread likes his crow served, since he decided to call me out in the OP?

May be down on Mossy Creek tomorrow to watch C-N.  Hopefully Whitson gets some playing time tomorrow.

No crow to be had. I believed in our players. That’s why I called you out. You said since we lost to SH the season was over and it this game didn’t matter. I actually said we would be in for a dog fight and had the ability to win. From what I saw tonight we did have the ability. Can’t turn the ball over as many times as we did and win. Plain and simple. We really struggled to run the ball and Bearden was able to be in attack mode on D to keep us from getting into a rhythm.

8 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

This is very true. It's tough to lose a game in the playoffs because all of the sudden you realize your season is over. As DB fans we always get over hyped about our teams. This year's team, considering the talent and those calling the shots, actually overachieved.  This was a 5-5 team at best that finished at 8-3. We got a lot of help from a very weak schedule. DB got beat by a better team tonight, Better players and better coaches. Thats just a fact. Even if you're not a top tier coach, you still feel bad about losing. 

Well they pretty much focused on that class of 23' at the expense of class of 22' since the time 23' were freshman and sophomores. You'd think they'd of got something out of it other than a first round exit. 

1 hour ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

DB struggled to run the ball because Bearden didn't respect DB's passing game at all because they had a bum at QB. Kid should have never been playing and can barely throw the ball 20 yards. 68 rushing yards against a good team stacking the box isn't bad. The passing game was the issue, not the rushing game. I do agree though that without those smaller parts of the oline and that QB the indians would have had a better chance. Gotta stop playing lil timmys whose dad donates to the boosters club. 

We must have watched 2 different games. Bearden wasn’t stacking the box at all. The box looked even to me. They were playing off coverage taking away our passing game, then blitzing their LBs like crazy. We struggled to block them running it and passing it. 

You must be the back up QBs dad or something because this sounds personal. 

6 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

No crow to be had. I believed in our players. That’s why I called you out. You said since we lost to SH the season was over and it this game didn’t matter. I actually said we would be in for a dog fight and had the ability to win. From what I saw tonight we did have the ability. Can’t turn the ball over as many times as we did and win. Plain and simple. We really struggled to run the ball and Bearden was able to be in attack mode on D to keep us from getting into a rhythm.

I did too... got nothing against the players, but the coaching on the other hand... 

And I was right.  With that abysmal playcalling, the game didn't matter to the coaching.  I feel bad for the very few of us who paid $20 each for our season ticket reserved seats in the upper deck last night to see that.

From my seat, I saw no energy, no desire, no inspiration at all.  I guess I should thank the coaches for saving me 300 miles round trip of gas money next week since gas prices are creeping back up.