Round 1- Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett

DBKPT93

On 11/5/2022 at 8:31 AM, DBKPT93 said:

We must have watched 2 different games. Bearden wasn’t stacking the box at all. The box looked even to me. They were playing off coverage taking away our passing game, then blitzing their LBs like crazy. We struggled to block them running it and passing it. 

You must be the back up QBs dad or something because this sounds personal. 

The QB was the weak link when they played Jeff Co. I said it after that game he was the reason DB wouldn’t go far in the playoffs

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

DB needs some tougher early season tests; their first 5 games were walkovers.  Move the Oak Ridge game back to the early part of the season, maybe pick up Farragut as well.  

Several have accused the coaching staff of scheduling weak teams to pad their win totals. I'm not sure of that because I'm not in on those meetings. But I honestly can't think of any other reason. There are a lot of teams in east tn. that would agree to a home and away. We should never have Volunteer on the schedule. I'd trade out Volunteer and Davey Crockett for Farragut or Bearden and Elizabethton. Elizabethton would be a huge gate for both schools. I guarantee a 7-3 DB team thats battle tested will be better in the playoffs than a 10-0 or 9-1 DB team thats played a bunch of weak upper east tn. push overs. 

2 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

The QB was the weak link when they played Jeff Co. I said it after that game he was the reason DB wouldn’t go far in the playoffs

The QB was descent.  Has a descent arm and his accuracy was a little better than descent. The problem was he was a little on the slow side and not mobile at all. And he telegraphed his passes. As soon as teams got enough game film on him he started to have problems. Teams knew he was never a threat to run with it.  He was the best we had. The backup was to erratic. 

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The QB was descent.  Has a descent arm and his accuracy was a little better than descent. The problem was he was a little on the slow side and not mobile at all. And he telegraphed his passes. As soon as teams got enough game film on him he started to have problems. Teams knew he was never a threat to run with it.  He was the best we had. The backup was to erratic. 

How are the numbers within the program? I remember back in the day it looked like 200 kids came running out.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:03 AM, Fandom101 said:

Surprised this thread is still going. Figured DB fans would have moved on to basketball by now after another lackluster year.

DB won 8 regular season games, sure the playoffs were disappointing but you can't really say 8-2 regular season was a bad year.     The loss to Greeneville was only 1 point and the loss to Science Hill is hard-coded into the culture, other than that....