Elizabethton vs Anderson County

BigDaddyDave

4 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

I don't know that losing to GV is a disaster.  Would it sting? Sure.

GV is undefeated with athlete's all over the field and a great defense.  They are number one,  rightfully so.  AC hasn't beaten them in a looong time. It's true AC will be down next year, we lose a lot. Eventually they'll pop back up again though.  

I firmly believe that just like 2018, the winner of this game goes on to win it all.  This game is the defacto championship game. IMO

I hope so, of course I’m pulling for the Devils but regardless of the outcome I will be rooting for the winner the next 2 rounds.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Noonesfool 

I just hope for a good game.  The AC line has been suspect (to me) all year but they've been resilient even though they're thin. They really took over tonight. I know GV has a lot of depth there so we'll see how it works out.  

I don't know but suspect GV has a lot of athletes at wr, te  slot... that makes them hard to cover. 

1 minute ago, FormerMav said:

I don't know that losing to GV is a disaster.  Would it sting? Sure.

GV is undefeated with athlete's all over the field and a great defense.  They are number one,  rightfully so.  AC hasn't beaten them in a looong time. It's true AC will be down next year, we lose a lot. Eventually they'll pop back up again though.  

I firmly believe that just like 2018, the winner of this game goes on to win it all.  This game is the defacto championship game. IMO

It will be..ill stick to that idea.. Go undefeated with possibly one of the better teams you guys will have for a while. Regardless of the scores Greeneville isn't the same as previous years and neither was EHS. This might be the last chance for a while AC has to win it all. So yes..even if it is Greeneville..AC needs this win otherwise the undefeated season is meaningless. You guys are like we were last season. We should have never lost that state title game but we did. We ran into a team of all SRs essentially so everything before that didn't amount to anything of we couldn't finish the job. My opinion and probably unpopular but that's the way I feel when you have a great team but can't win it all. 

Whoever wins this game will win it all..or should barring something like last year's title game. Imo this is the real championship. AC vs Greeneville. 

Just now, FormerMav said:

Thanks Noonesfool 

I just hope for a good game.  The AC line has been suspect (to me) all year but they've been resilient even though they're thin. They really took over tonight. I know GV has a lot of depth there so we'll see how it works out.  

I don't know but suspect GV has a lot of athletes at wr, te  slot... that makes them hard to cover. 

Correct. The biggest characteristic about GHS is their balance. I think GHS is better now than when they had Gillespie and Gudger, who are both doing well in college in there respective sports. Devils spread the ball around.

3 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Correct. The biggest characteristic about GHS is their balance. I think GHS is better now than when they had Gillespie and Gudger, who are both doing well in college in there respective sports. Devils spread the ball around.

Ugh, I was afraid of that.  Let's just hope for a full effort good game with no injuries. I think it'll take a clean game with a break or two AC's way for them to get the win. 

I also think ACs coaches get tight against GV. Hopefully that doesn't happen too. 

Edited by FormerMav

12 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It will be..ill stick to that idea.. Go undefeated with possibly one of the better teams you guys will have for a while. Regardless of the scores Greeneville isn't the same as previous years and neither was EHS. This might be the last chance for a while AC has to win it all. So yes..even if it is Greeneville..AC needs this win otherwise the undefeated season is meaningless. You guys are like we were last season. We should have never lost that state title game but we did. We ran into a team of all SRs essentially so everything before that didn't amount to anything of we couldn't finish the job. My opinion and probably unpopular but that's the way I feel when you have a great team but can't win it all. 

Whoever wins this game will win it all..or should barring something like last year's title game. Imo this is the real championship. AC vs Greeneville. 

I believe last years team overachieved given they ran Bryson basically every play with a pass to Jake occasionally. I think greeneville rolls tullahoma in that game. But you have to get there first and greeneville didn’t get that part done. 

• Upvote 1