Monterey travels to Hampton RD2

WILDCAT4LIFE

8 hours ago, biteNObark said:

New poster here, watched for years but never said nothing. I’m just curious how you think the O line suffered when they are the exact reason Levi was ALLOWED the opportunity to have 50 carries and over 200 yards? Without that “small offensive line” NONE of that happens. And then fellars like y’all fail to give them the credit they rightly deserve. There’s boys on that team that drown in heart, passion and love for the game of football. There’s some that couldn’t care less. I want to make it clear that I want to take NOTHING from Levi! He is a stellar athlete and I believe an incredible young man. I’m proud to have him as a Bulldog. But the thing is, you can’t praise him and then turn around and say the O line was “sorely missed”. These statements make no sense. Hampton lost because of 3 main reasons:

1. They desperately need a leader on both sides of the ball. 

2. The coaches need to admit that they need to work on finding a kicker and PASSING THE BALL!

3. This may seem harsh, but they need a QB. They have no current pass game and it surely isn’t because the “small” O line. I watched every game and anybody with any football knowledge can see that the quarterback is scared and has no heart. 

I realize that Hampton has happily made their bread and butter in running the ball, but it’s time to update. You don’t have to abandon tradition. But you do have to evolve. 

It’s all going to have to begin with admitting your weakness. And in my opinion, it for sure isn’t the offensive line.

Questioning a kid's heart is a low blow in my opinion. First year starter, I don't know how old he is but he's still a kid. Hopefully you don't say these type of things while at the game or talking to your buddies. 

4 hours ago, pujo said:

Had 4 lineman 300 pounds and 2 of um was over 350, yeah they was a little bigger when our biggest one this season was less than 300 . also had three others at around 260. That being said these lineman give it all they had, they deserve a lot of credit.

I figured they’re’d be a Big Size advantage  for Boone. But i didn’t realize they were that big. Explains their success. Makes Hampton’s effort all that more remarkable. I’m going to see if i can find the game online. Maybe someone uploaded it from NFHS. 

3 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Questioning a kid's heart is a low blow in my opinion. First year starter, I don't know how old he is but he's still a kid. Hopefully you don't say these type of things while at the game or talking to your buddies. 

Yeah a little sad, He should be better after a year of experience. 

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I figured they’re’d be a Big Size advantage  for Boone. But i didn’t realize they were that big. Explains their success. Makes Hampton’s effort all that more remarkable. I’m going to see if i can find the game online. Maybe someone uploaded it from NFHS. 

Just about everyone we played this season ,if not everyone was bigger in the trenches,we were just small this yeah which is really rare for Hampton. That changes starting next season, will be pretty young but the size is there if they all stick it our.

7 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Well we will agree finally!A grown man (maybe) questioning a kids heart on a ball board is BS!

9 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I actually thought he was a good QB too. Just not as good as the year before but that kid was a senior. Who knows what this kid will become in a year. 

We'll keep him, Kid works hard and wants to be good, another year should make a big difference. The other QB was special but he also started for 3 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pujo said:

We'll keep him, Kid works hard and wants to be good, another year should make a big difference. The other QB was special but he also started for 3 years.

Can't compare the two anyway. C ran like a freakin Mack truck and had a decent arm last year. He ran with 600lb in front of him and 500lb behind him. This year's QB still has some growing to do, a totally different frame and a strong arm. A year will make a difference but it's all up to him how good he ends up. IF they lack in leadership, they shouldn't; Its been on full display the last few years.