Round Two...Mighty Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

50 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Is all the work the Wildcats have put in finally paying off?  According to Coach Cummings, the linemen for McMinn Co. are big and can move. Should be a hard fought game with penalties and turnovers deciding who wins.

MY PREDICTION...OR will win.

Willie, we have bantered back and forth in the past about Boone and Oak Ridge getting together, do you think there is any chance it happens this year?      I'm saying Knox West wins it all but what do you think, are West and Powell vulnerable or are those two destined to meet after Thanksgiving?

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Is all the work the Wildcats have put in finally paying off?  According to Coach Cummings, the linemen for McMinn Co. are big and can move. Should be a hard fought game with penalties and turnovers deciding who wins.

MY PREDICTION...OR will win.

Coach Cummings is fibbing a wee bit about McMinn's linemen being big.  The defensive linemen are actually undersized. 

Teams appear to be similar in the common opponents they've played:
McMinn beat Rhea 43-14. OR beat Rhea 36-17.
McMinn beat Campbell 39-7.  OR beat Campbell 41-6.

OR has played a tougher schedule than McMinn, and may be more battle tested. 

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Willie, we have bantered back and forth in the past about Boone and Oak Ridge getting together, do you think there is any chance it happens this year?      I'm saying Knox West wins it all but what do you think, are West and Powell vulnerable or are those two destined to meet after Thanksgiving?

Blazer,

I have always considered you one of the best posters on CoachT. It would be an honor to face you and Boone. My guess is it won't happen. Powell is not the same team that won State last season but they have too much talent for Oak Ridge to overcome. I haven't watched any of West games but I read a lot of positive things about the Rebels. What is wild is Oak Ridge has three West transfers who are top notch talent. I believe Boone can beat West.

I live in Chattanooga so if Boone makes it to State, I 'll try and hook you up with a nice meal.

42 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I like OR in this game. Football is more than Wins and Losses. It also about peaking with the right attitude and a singular team mindset. The Ridge Runners see to have all of that at the right time in their quest. OR 35-21.

If we do, we’re gonna have to play a lot better than we did against RC. Although we got the win, we looked extremely sloppy doing it. Need to be a lot more crisp against MC.

Always big and chunky the Cherokees pose problems up front, A Rhea County source told me that he thinks the Cherokees will "have trouble with your skill guys". He said Rhea was did not play well at all against the Kees.  I'm hoping the flu and stomach bugs are gone and the Wildcats have a good week of practice and come out fast and ready to play. Last year down there we kind of struggled in the middle quarters and came up a little short (2 yards) at the end.  Kees closed out strong after being close for a while against the Cougars last week.  Oak Ridge 24 McMinn 14. but could be closer. 

On 11/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Blazer,

I have always considered you one of the best posters on CoachT. It would be an honor to face you and Boone. My guess is it won't happen. Powell is not the same team that won State last season but they have too much talent for Oak Ridge to overcome. I haven't watched any of West games but I read a lot of positive things about the Rebels. What is wild is Oak Ridge has three West transfers who are top notch talent. I believe Boone can beat West.

I live in Chattanooga so if Boone makes it to State, I 'll try and hook you up with a nice meal.

You guys can’t beat Powell but Boone can beat West? Willie. Never thought I would see the day that you would be this down on OR.

I’ve got OR winning this game by a couple of TD’s. 

A closer look into the numbers for this weeks game:

Total ppg McMinn 27.3 and OR 18.5

McMinn 33 rushing TD's & 6 receiving 

OR 20 rushing TD's & 8 receiving

McMinn 313 yds pg and OR 257 yds pg

McMinn 1104 passing yds for the year and 2339 rushing yds for the year

OR 1320 passing yards for the year and 1511 rushing yards for the year