Round Two...Mighty Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

8 hours ago, bounder said:

Well Cat we were there, thought it was gonna end there again but it didn't and we will be over to POW Friday nite. Long as the Cats are playing we 'll be there! But man it's gonna be cold Friday night! Better wrap up! Kinda like when tackling in football, Ya Gotta Wrap Em Up! haha

Some of these whiners were the same ones saying we'd be lucky to go 5-5 earlier in the season and now where are we .. in the 3rd round of the playoffs. A bunch of teams will be sitting at home Friday night. We could sure have better fan support at the games but I'll take the ones that go and make noise over that other bunching  any day! 

PaPa Bounder has spoken

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WILDCAT PRIDE  

Well said

On 11/13/2022 at 9:05 PM, Rwrbigcat said:

If the wildcats are going to move any farther, we have to work more than one qb.  Four turnovers and could have been a fifth doesn’t cut it for a qb in the playoffs. It’s time to get other guys ready if that happens again. They subbed out all year when things went bad, we should have lost that game and we had no backup plan. We have to have options, Powell will not let us back in the game like McMinn did. I’ll just leave this post up to get roasted if I’m wrong. 

I'm not sure that I agree with you at all about playing two QBs. I can't think of any team that does that and I'm not sure why we would even consider it

On 11/14/2022 at 12:56 PM, bounder said:

Well Cat we were there, thought it was gonna end there again but it didn't and we will be over to POW Friday nite. Long as the Cats are playing we 'll be there! But man it's gonna be cold Friday night! Better wrap up! Kinda like when tackling in football, Ya Gotta Wrap Em Up! haha

Some of these whiners were the same ones saying we'd be lucky to go 5-5 earlier in the season and now where are we .. in the 3rd round of the playoffs. A bunch of teams will be sitting at home Friday night. We could sure have better fan support at the games but I'll take the ones that go and make noise over that other bunching  any day! 

PaPa Bounder has spoken

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WILDCAT PRIDE  

I'm pretty sure after 10 games, we were 5-5, so what's your point? I'm glad we are in round three, it sure beats the alternative, but we've had a very easy road to round three. Let's beat Powell...that will be a big win!

9 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm not sure that I agree with you at all about playing two QBs. I can't think of any team that does that and I'm not sure why we would even consider it

I meant we should have had more than one ready. Any player that has four turnovers in a game shouldn’t finish the game for sure. That’s just football. The coach proved he couldn’t coach players up for sure tonight though. We had four-maybe five college guys on offense aline and yet we couldn’t score points. Maybe it’s not the players at all maybe it was the coaching. That’s why the other schools moved him so quickly. The old school playbook doesn’t work when it’s one dimensional offense. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

On 11/18/2022 at 10:55 PM, Rwrbigcat said:

I meant we should have had more than one ready. Any player that has four turnovers in a game shouldn’t finish the game for sure. That’s just football. The coach proved he couldn’t coach players up for sure tonight though. We had four-maybe five college guys on offense aline and yet we couldn’t score points. Maybe it’s not the players at all maybe it was the coaching. That’s why the other schools moved him so quickly. The old school playbook doesn’t work when it’s one dimensional offense. 

Four maybe five college guys on oline?  Are you on crack?  We have zero college guys on oline!  Ha ha.  We are literally down to the only ones left to line up on the line.  No offense to the young men,  but they couldn't block me, SS, Nole, and Walmart bag guy!  Please, get a clue!

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Four maybe five college guys on oline?  Are you on crack?  We have zero college guys on oline!  Ha ha.  We are literally down to the only ones left to line up on the line.  No offense to the young men,  but they couldn't block me, SS, Nole, and Walmart bag guy!  Please, get a clue!

Haha, in defense of rwrbigcat, I think that’s a typo on his part. I think he meant we had four college guys on offense alone, instead of aline or oline, lol. I don’t even think we had that, though, but that’s just me. I do think we had some lower level guys like Johnson and Hundley, but that’s about it. #13 while I love the kid, he’s not a big time college prospect, in my opinion. I personally don’t see him as a 4 star, but maybe I’m wrong. Thanks for the laugh at the end, though, although I do think bag guy could maybe get through for a sack or 2 if we were running a ‘46’ defense, Buddy Ryan style.