TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

55 minutes ago, vawls54 said:

is there some bad history between the 2 or a reason they wouldnt play?

They played in the seventies and eighties but there was a lot of issues. Fights on and off the field, car’s burnt in the parking lot. That sort of redneckery but it’s a far different time now. Back then the county had just consolidated multiple small community high schools into one central county wide school and the kids playing for Scott often times couldn’t stand each other in the beginning so it was a tense time for a while. Couple that with Oneida was planned by some to be consolidated with them initially but some folks in power didn’t want that to happen and according to some there were some “questionable” tactics used to block Oneida’s participation. All that was a long time ago and wouldn’t have any impact today I don’t believe. They play in virtually every other sport and even share some facilities if one has a facility the other doesn’t have. It’s just a bunch of old heads egos getting in the way. Scott dominated the series back then and some folks just can’t handle losing to Scott plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We have a handle on this and you know it we've done this for years! No surprises here. Except maybe bledso in 2.

Yeah I did not see Bledsoe or Polk in 2 to make a 5 team region especially with York going to 3 to make them a 7 team. Just makes no sense but it rarely does. 

11 minutes ago, crow said:

They played in the seventies and eighties but there was a lot of issues. Fights on and off the field, car’s burnt in the parking lot. That sort of redneckery but it’s a far different time now. Back then the county had just consolidated multiple small community high schools into one central county wide school and the kids playing for Scott often times couldn’t stand each other in the beginning so it was a tense time for a while. Couple that with Oneida was planned by some to be consolidated with them initially but some folks in power didn’t want that to happen and according to some there were some “questionable” tactics used to block Oneida’s participation. All that was a long time ago and wouldn’t have any impact today I don’t believe. They play in virtually every other sport and even share some facilities if one has a facility the other doesn’t have. It’s just a bunch of old heads egos getting in the way. Scott dominated the series back then and some folks just can’t handle losing to Scott plain and simple. 

so you would be for the 2 teams playing each other? sounds like it only makes sense for them to play. too many people stuck way back when. 

19 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We have a handle on this and you know it we've done this for years! No surprises here. Except maybe bledso in 2.

If you are saying you predicted a 5 team region with Oneida, Wartburg, Polk, Bledsoe, and Tellico Plains than you are lying or you should play the lottery. That was one of 3 options they looked at but nobody believed they would have a KY bordering team play a Georgia bordering team. 

York had heard a few weeks back they were being separated from Oneida. They don't like it but the time zone was the factor. I have no idea if they will appeal or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TSSAAfootball said:

If you are saying you predicted a 5 team region with Oneida, Wartburg, Polk, Bledsoe, and Tellico Plains than you are lying or you should play the lottery. That was one of 3 options they looked at but nobody believed they would have a KY bordering team play a Georgia bordering team. 

York had heard a few weeks back they were being separated from Oneida. They don't like it but the time zone was the factor. I have no idea if they will appeal or not. 

You are right the only one I didn't expect was Bledsoe.

24 minutes ago, vawls54 said:

so you would be for the 2 teams playing each other? sounds like it only makes sense for them to play. too many people stuck way back when. 

I’m all for it. It’s crazy to drive 100 miles for an OOR game and drive right by a school 8 miles away to do it. You’re correct, to many has been a carrying their insecurities around in their purses.