NFHS is garbage

theawesomebro

21 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I guess because it is the playoffs, lipscomb can't live stream their game and I have to watch on NFHS.  it keeps cutting out and is terrible.  if TSSAA requires this, they need to stop.  lots of schools have great streaming on their own and this is a huge step backwards.  im staring at a spinning wheel...

Most NFHS broadcasts are nothing  more than an automated camera with a ball following technology and only ambient crowd noise. You get no commentary, no scores from other games, no replays, no nothing that warrants the price that NFHS charges on a monthly basis. If the NFHS camera is not hooked up to wifi or ethernet with proper upload speeds, you get frozen pictures or the inability to log on at all. Personally, I work for a broadcasting company that produces TCA football and basketball.  Most every football game is at least a two camera production, with a two man commentary team and featuring coaches  pre and post game interviews, accurate stats on the go, an area contest scoreboard throughout the game, and other features. I promise my broadcast is far superior to ANY NFHS broadcast anywhere. There are many other schools, radio stations, and production companies that will blow NFHS out of the water. I also have my own small production company that I produce MS broadcasts on as a one man operation where I am doing the video taping, on going stats and commentary as a one man band. It is not very expensive at all to start a bare bones broadcasting operation using Facebook as your broadcast platform. None of it involves the viewer paying a monthly fee. Selling ad time is the way to go. If you are a viewing fan, I urge you to cancel your NFHS subscription.  Call your local school and urge them to start there own productions or hire a media company to video for you. Any video broadcast is better than an NFHS broadcast. Come on TSSAA, dump the NFHS and let the local schools and production companies do it better. it is amazing what you can do with proper upload bandwidth speeds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Most NFHS broadcasts are nothing  more than an automated camera with a ball following technology and only ambient crowd noise. You get no commentary, no scores from other games, no replays, no nothing that warrants the price that NFHS charges on a monthly basis. If the NFHS camera is not hooked up to wifi or ethernet with proper upload speeds, you get frozen pictures or the inability to log on at all. Personally, I work for a broadcasting company that produces TCA football and basketball.  Most every football game is at least a two camera production, with a two man commentary team and featuring coaches  pre and post game interviews, accurate stats on the go, an area contest scoreboard throughout the game, and other features. I promise my broadcast is far superior to ANY NFHS broadcast anywhere. There are many other schools, radio stations, and production companies that will blow NFHS out of the water. I also have my own small production company that I produce MS broadcasts on as a one man operation where I am doing the video taping, on going stats and commentary as a one man band. It is not very expensive at all to start a bare bones broadcasting operation using Facebook as your broadcast platform. None of it involves the viewer paying a monthly fee. Selling ad time is the way to go. If you are a viewing fan, I urge you to cancel your NFHS subscription.  Call your local school and urge them to start there own productions or hire a media company to video for you. Any video broadcast is better than an NFHS broadcast. Come on TSSAA, dump the NFHS and let the local schools and production companies do it better. it is amazing what you can do with proper upload bandwidth speeds.

thanks for the thoughtful response.  Lipscomb did not use NFHS all season and their youtube broadcast was great.  CPA was on youtube as well and I enjoyed theirs, too.  I was wondering if TSSAA required them to be on NFHS for the playoffs because it was not on youtube last night.  I had already purchased the yearly subscription for NFHS before the season not knowing it would not be used for regular season games.  lipscomb had one on flosports (milton) and one on ESPNU (thompson) then the rest on youtube which were all better than NFHS.  anyway, fingers crossed that we can all move on from NFHS next year!

14 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Thanks for the details. I did not realize some of the issues might be the bandwidth of the host school. I bounced around to a few different NFHS televised games - some were good and others were not good at all - grainy and laggy. 

Edited by JRB

14 minutes ago, JRB said:

Thanks for the details. I did not realize some of the issues might with the bandwidth of the host school. I bounced around to a few different NFHS televised games - some were good and others were grainy and laggy. 

I don’t think the Lausanne / CPA game ever worked on NFHS last night.  Previously, YouTube was perfect. 

I don’t get how this stuff works. For years, MBA has said they can’t livestream playoff games. Sometimes they are on NFHS and sometimes they aren’t. I guess they were allowed to record it and post it after the game is over. Then this past week MBA announced they had “paid the fee” and would be live-streaming the game like normal.  As best I can remember this was the first time MBA has ever live-streamed a playoff game.   Appreciate all of your explanations Reitzfan. I will not support NFHS. It’s horrible anyways and infuriating they negatively impact people who work hard at this and know what they are doing. 

11 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

I don’t get how this stuff works. For years, MBA has said they can’t livestream playoff games. Sometimes they are on NFHS and sometimes they aren’t. I guess they were allowed to record it and post it after the game is over. Then this past week MBA announced they had “paid the fee” and would be live-streaming the game like normal.  As best I can remember this was the first time MBA has ever live-streamed a playoff game.   Appreciate all of your explanations Reitzfan. I will not support NFHS. It’s horrible anyways and infuriating they negatively impact people who work hard at this and know what they are doing. 

Can schools get around not broadcasting "live" if there is a few minute delay?  Every game I watched on NFHS seemed to be about 5 minutes behind in real-time.  Turned on the Maryville game at 6 Nashville time...saw the kickoff...yet on the Coast T scoreboard Maryville was already up 7-0.  Turned on the Mt Juliet game with under 3 minutes to play and people were posting game over.

4 minutes ago, JRB said:

Can schools get around not broadcasting "live" if there is a few minute delay?  Every game I watched on NFHS seemed to be about 5 minutes behind in real-time.  Turned on the Maryville game at 6 Nashville time...saw the kickoff...yet on the Coast T scoreboard Maryville was already up 7-0.  Turned on the Mt Juliet game with under 3 minutes to play and people were posting game over.

same thing was happening to me on the LA game!

1 hour ago, JRB said:

any broadcast of the playoff game is supposed have the $750 fee. Except NFHS of course.