peral cohn vs lexington round 3

Tigertown41

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The Tigers are very good at what they do but at some point, they'll have to add another dimension to their offense if they want to keep advancing. There have been run only teams win state championships before, but even they ran a misdirection offense, not just line up and snap it to our best athlete and let him find room. I'm old school...I love watching a good passing attack, but if you can run and play defense you will usually win. I think the Tigers can defend against Pearl Cohn enough to have a shot, but not sure that the Firebirds will allow a one-dimensional offense to put up enough points to keep up.

I agree.  PC can score fast and often.  It will be hard for Lexington to play catch up if they get down with a run only offense

16 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I agree.  PC can score fast and often.  It will be hard for Lexington to play catch up if they get down with a run only offense

Covington is and has been a wing-t team that runs the ball. We are 1-1 versus PC in semi-finals. Beat them on a last second field goal the first time, and lost by 1 point the second time. So, a run-only offense can handle them. You have to play enough D so that they don’t get that big lead.

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington is and has been a wing-t team that runs the ball. We are 1-1 versus PC in semi-finals. Beat them on a last second field goal the first time, and lost by 1 point the second time. So, a run-only offense can handle them. You have to play enough D so that they don’t get that big lead.

That’s not true because the game y’all won Covington actually passed the ball. Covington was down 21-0 at half that year! We played Lexington last year in the first round but I really don’t remember the game tho. 

6 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

That’s not true because the game y’all won Covington actually passed the ball. Covington was down 21-0 at half that year! We played Lexington last year in the first round but I really don’t remember the game tho. 

Yeah, but our offense was and is still primarily a run oriented offense. A look at our rushing and passing stats in any recent season would tell you that. I’ll bet we did not average 5 passes per game this season, for instance.

Just now, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, but our offense was and is still primarily a run oriented offense. A look at our rushing and passing stats in any recent season would tell you that. I’ll bet we did not average 5 passes per game this season, for instance.

I can only speak for that game! Covington passed the ball y’all had no choice down 21-0

13 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I can only speak for that game! Covington passed the ball y’all had no choice down 21-0

I went back into the archives of the Commercial Appeal. They said in their article on the game that Covington only threw the ball 5 times in defeating PC in 2017. Now those passes went for 140 yards, per the article. I would still say that’s a run-oriented team. See, by running the ball you get people to put 9 or 10;guys up in the box to stop the run, then you can throw over the top. 

20 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

22 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Springfield played Lexington and beat them on their field in 2017.  I really enjoyed the game and their field.  Great fans. They lined up and ran right at us

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

@FIREBIRD80

I've tried to forget that game last year. Pretty sure Barion Brown out ran the entire defense 3 times on one play.

This will no doubt be a tough one. PC brings a great team to Lexington. They always have talent. Even back when I played, we wanted to avoid PC in the playoffs. These Tigers were once 1-3 and written off. They have won 8 in a row. They've heard before almost every games a one dimensional offense won't work. I'm just glad the players stopped listening to it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1Eugatnom said:

@FIREBIRD80

I've tried to forget that game last year. Pretty sure Barion Brown out ran the entire defense 3 times on one play.

This will no doubt be a tough one. PC brings a great team to Lexington. They always have talent. Even back when I played, we wanted to avoid PC in the playoffs. These Tigers were once 1-3 and written off. They have won 8 in a row. They've heard before almost every games a one dimensional offense won't work. I'm just glad the players stopped listening to it. 

lexington can pass the ball so dont over look that option they just choose not to i have seen there qb throw and he has a decent arm if we are made to pass it i figure we will.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Two totally different run offenses and personnel.

12 hours ago, 1Eugatnom said:

@FIREBIRD80

Facts because at the end of they day y’all are still winning. Like coach said if they can’t stop it why go away from it!! Our Dline will be on notice this week.