Way too early AAAA favorites…

Gr8bballfan

On 8/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, baconbreath said:

I don't know who your sources are but you better drop them like a hot potato. Stovall did move to Cleveland. She is a teacher at BCHS and her children are enrolled at BCHS but she is not any type of coach at BCHS. Coach Reuter, Coach Tinsley, Coach Freeman and Coach Belford are still in charge of our great Bearettes program. It looks like you just joined Coacht yesterday and this is your first post. We try to be accurate on here as much as possible. So please verify your posts before you post them or you look like a fool. 

I didn't think Tinsley left or I would've heard about it. I didn't know our other  left after she had her  until after the season started. But Tinsley is the jv coach I believe??

• 5 months later...

Which teams will to make it to the Glass House this year to compete for a Gold Ball?  There has not been a lot of chatter on here about 4A this season.  I’m predicting Sevier County, Bearden, Bradley Central, Cookeville, Coffee County, Beech, Clarksville, Bartlett.  What are your thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Which teams will to make it to the Glass House this year to compete for a Gold Ball?  There has not been a lot of chatter on here about 4A this season.  I’m predicting Sevier County, Bearden, Bradley Central, Cookeville, Coffee County, Beech, Clarksville, Bartlett.  What are your thoughts?

That will be very close.  Clarksville will be there and maybe Whitehaven.  I like the east teams.  Cookeville is not a given especially with the way Lebanon plays defense and Beech has to get past Lincoln County.  But I think you have most of them right. 

38 minutes ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Bradley Central wins their District Championship by 70 (83-13) points.  Is this team that good or is everyone their playing just that bad? Who has a legit shot of playing with this Bradley Central team?

That’s a trick question.  Yes the teams in their district are that bad.  And yes they are that good!   There are a few teams in 4a that can give them a game.  I am not sure if any of them can beat them though.  If they play their best game then no probably not. It will take a team playing a special game to beat BC.  But anything can happen at the glass house.  

11 hours ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Bradley Central wins their District Championship by 70 (83-13) points.  Is this team that good or is everyone their playing just that bad? Who has a legit shot of playing with this Bradley Central team?

Bradley is really good and that district is really bad. They are can be beat, but it’s going to take everything going right. I think they win the next 2 gold balls.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:14 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Bradley is really good and that district is really bad. They are can be beat, but it’s going to take everything going right. I think they win the next 2 gold balls.

No one in the state tournament will play within 25 points of Bradley unless they hold the ball and lose 15-2. I also watched Clarksville , Cookeville and Green Hill last year.  Green Hill with the a senior lead team of the Blankenship girl,  Carter and Kirby girl easily beat Clarksville. Shut down one player and they are toast. Cookeville is well coached but not enough to match Bradley. Bearden graduated core Players.  Haven’t heard much about West teams but graduation hit them hard. 

Edited by Chattanoogachoochoo

24 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

No one in the state tournament will play within 25 points of Bradley unless they hold the ball and lose 15-2. I also watched Clarksville , Cookeville and Green Hill last year.  Green Hill with the a senior lead team of the Blankenship girl,  Carter and Kirby girl easily beat Clarksville. Shut down one player and they are toast. Cookeville is well coached but not enough to match Bradley. Bearden graduated core Players.  Haven’t heard much about West teams but graduation hit them hard. 

Thats just crazy talk.  I don't think they will beat all the teams in the glass house by 25.  I do believe that Clarksville is likely a paper dragon.  But I don't think BC walks through the tournament by 25+ pts every game.   I didn't say that they won't win it!   They are definitely the favorites!  But they didn't beat Cleveland, McMinn Central, Coffee County, Knox Catholic, etc by 25.    And the same team that beat BC by 10 from GA only beat Blackman by 5.  There are going to be teams in the tourney that are just as good or better than those teams.  So pump those brakes a little!  Right now I think they are probably around 10 pts better than most teams in top tier.  But if someone gets hot they can definitely make up that gap.  Should be a great tourney.  I just hope we make it again then maybe we can make some noise. 

Edited by LadyCavsFan