PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

1 hour ago, TinPigskin said:

Farragut beat Beech, and West dominated Farragut.  I know it doesn't always translate, but I think West would've handled Beech this year

I honestly do not believe that matters at all at this point, especially with it being the 1st game of the season, I would say Beech is much better right now. I am not saying they would beat West, but I do think it would be a good competitive game...

4 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I honestly do not believe that matters at all at this point, especially with it being the 1st game of the season, I would say Beech is much better right now. I am not saying they would beat West, but I do think it would be a good competitive game...

I would say Farragut was a much better team when they played West than they were the first game of the season as well

Congrats to my West Rebels on a perfect season...You always want to believe your team is amazing and can win the title but to actually accomplish it - is simply epic!

Im so proud of this team, the coaches and it was especially special to be apart of the journey every step of the way. Being a player back in the early 2000s we barely won 3 games and now 10 wins and semifinals are considered a disappointment. Happy for my alma mater and what this program has become!

We may lose a bunch from this squad but if players come back and come in and understand the culture - Coach Brown has built and buy in - more titles await!

Go Rebels! The Kings of 5A!

State Champs - 2014, 2022

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Congrats to my West Rebels on a perfect season...You always want to believe your team is amazing and can win the title but to actually accomplish it - is simply epic!

Im so proud of this team, the coaches and it was especially special to be apart of the journey every step of the way. Being a player back in the early 2000s we barely won 3 games and now 10 wins and semifinals are considered a disappointment. Happy for my alma mater and what this program has become!

We may lose a bunch from this squad but if players come back and come in and understand the culture - Coach Brown has built and buy in - more titles await!

Go Rebels! The Kings of 5A!

State Champs - 2014, 2022

Have to agree- it was a fun ride.  You can argue points - spreads - officials- talent level - strength of schedules, but you can’t argue this team of players and coaches did not earn that title.  They faced one of the toughest schedules in the state and walked away unscathed at 15-0.  There are no asterisks on that gold ball.  

That senior class walks away with a state title and a 50-7 record (wouldn’t swear to that math).  Not sure too many teams in 5A can say that.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Have to agree- it was a fun ride.  You can argue points - spreads - officials- talent level - strength of schedules, but you can’t argue this team of players and coaches did not earn that title.  They faced one of the toughest schedules in the state and walked away unscathed at 15-0.  There are no asterisks on that gold ball.  

That senior class walks away with a state title and a 50-7 record (wouldn’t swear to that math).  Not sure too many teams in 5A can say that.  

Spot on and endorse this 100%...most wins for a senior class in West history!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FBKarma said:

I am going to give you the MVP award for “Posts that didn’t age well”.

Because that no threat game manager took home the championship game MVP hardware for the peaked early underwhelming mercy clock running 15-0 5A West High Running Rebels.  

Agree with this except for one thing that needs to be fixed!

The 15-0 5A State Champion West High Running Rebels!

4 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

Haha, touche.  But it's kind of silly to assume that only Beech can get better as the season goes on.

Show me where I wrote that, my point is this, Beech had a huge turnover from the season before, new starting QB as well as other key positions, so yes they benefitted much more from the experience of the season than teams with most of their team intact from the previous season, as they had things to figure out...

10 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Show me where I wrote that, my point is this, Beech had a huge turnover from the season before, new starting QB as well as other key positions, so yes they benefitted much more from the experience of the season than teams with most of their team intact from the previous season, as they had things to figure out...

"especially with it being the 1st game of the season, I would say Beech is much better right now."

That is implying that Beech would play better against or beat Farragut later this season.  As if Farragut would not improve over the season

23 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

"especially with it being the 1st game of the season, I would say Beech is much better right now."

That is implying that Beech would play better against or beat Farragut later this season.  As if Farragut would not improve over the season

I have come to the conclusion, you are just not going to comprehend what I am saying, no further argument needed...lol