All the marbles...Anderson County vs Pearl Cohn

Vandychris

On 11/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

True with Haywood that was shoot out. Almost like who every has the ball last wins. Mavs have been there in the past but new defensive coach has eliminated that and made some pretty big adjustments. Still believe AC has been tested and are pretty smart now. Last week the Mud was something we really never had to deal with and UTC should be perfect turf for AC. They took UT 7X7 and ranked Nationally in 7X7 and yet it's just 7X7 but that is actually just one piece to the AC skill set. 

Mav are we really to the point of talking about the turf being an advantage.  Lol I hope the boys from AC aren’t as nervous as this post seems.  

32 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Mav are we really to the point of talking about the turf being an advantage.  Lol I hope the boys from AC aren’t as nervous as this post seems.  

BC in all fairness I feel and in IMO only ok lol, I feel we can execute with precision better on turf. Yes I at that point. Yes I do think it helps us and yes it probably can help both. However when you are dealing with Mud and on offence one quick juke can send the defense player to the ground and off to the races we go. And also when running routes it's a bit hard to make moves without some slipping and does throw off the exact timing of a timed route. So IMO it's better for us too. Timing is important on pre-practiced routes. Can mean difference of rolling and throwing.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

BC in all fairness I feel and it IMO only ok lol, I feel we can execute with precision better on turf. Yes I at that point. Yes I do think it helps us and yes it probably can help both. However when you are dealing with Mud and on offence one quick juke can send the defense player to the ground a d off to the races we go. And also when running routes it's a bit hard to make moves without some slipping and does throw of the exact timing of a timed route. So IMO it's better for us too. Timing is important on pre-practiced routes. Can mean difference of rolling and throwing.

I took it out of context.  Does PC play on turf?

at of today rain at start of this 1100 start Gold Ball contest....advantage Clinton...

Booger thinkin Clinton gonna end up crossin the goal line at the leasts 4.5 times.....Clinton defense will keep Pearl under a rare 3 to 3.5 trips to endzone...

...AC brings Clinton its first Gold Ball

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

at of today rain at start of this 1100 start Gold Ball contest....advantage Clinton...

Booger thinkin Clinton gonna end up crossin the goal line at the leasts 4.5 times.....Clinton defense will keep Pearl under a rare 3 to 3.5 trips to endzone...

Booger lol not Clinton Dragons but Anderson County Rocky Top Mavericks. Haha 

15 hours ago, Swipes said:

Well I can tell you don’t know the definition of Litigation, stick to words you know :lol:

Just because people have confidence in their team or a team they have seen play multiple times isn’t taking anything away from PC (they are always in the hunt out west).  You replied back saying you aren’t shutting out PC when he never said they would in the first place.  

PC isn’t playing a 7-5 Hardin County team either Saturday I hate to tell you buddy!  They also put up 48 points against a Semi Final Powell D that has the #8 and #12 ranked player in the state in their secondary and hold Power 5 D1 offers

I am not underestimating my opponent. I meant last year's Hardin Co team that was 10-1. Sorry i forgot to edit that in. You played Powell week 1, based on their results it took them til week 6 to get ready. 

Great Anderson Co can score against D1 prospects. Can Anderson Co stop Pearl? Thats what ive been preaching in every post. Can your guys trade scores? Can you score without turning the ball over. What if Pearl goes for 2 every TD? 

16 hours ago, Booger said:

We Are Not CLINTON

9 hours ago, TtownReject said:

I am not underestimating my opponent. I meant last year's Hardin Co team that was 10-1. Sorry i forgot to edit that in. You played Powell week 1, based on their results it took them til week 6 to get ready. 

Great Anderson Co can score against D1 prospects. Can Anderson Co stop Pearl? Thats what ive been preaching in every post. Can your guys trade scores? Can you score without turning the ball over. What if Pearl goes for 2 every TD? 

No one is underestimating PC and like I’ve said before they are always in the hunt to make it to the state championships.

I hate to tell you this isn’t last year, if it was your team would be relevant so why even bring up last year?  I’m not even an AC fan so my team didn’t play Powell in week 1.  Powell got going in week 6 because they got their starting QB back from injury and had nothing to do with their D.  AC offense was just that good and have showed multiple times they can score.

That wasn’t what your post to him said though, once again you asked how would they respond if PC took it to the house on a big play and the poster responded with that happened in the Semi and that didn’t lose composure.  It’s not about stopping PC it’s about containing them and not giving up big plays.  I believe D Coordinator Lambert will have a great scheme for them and has a ton of coaching experience as head coach and also as the D coordinator at University of the Cumberlands.  AC has always had an offense that can put up points but the missing piece was their D and feel like they found that missing piece in Lambert.  

Also if PC goes for 2 every time AC head coach will have prepared for that if they need to go for 2.  He was a great high school player for AC (who broke Cleveland’s winning streak in the 90s) and manages a game well from the Box

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 1