All the marbles...Anderson County vs Pearl Cohn

Vandychris

49 minutes ago, TtownReject said:

Tullahoma and Marshall Co the last 2 season have both had kickers that get touchbacks. Nothing Pearl Cohn isn't used too. You want to know how to hold Pearl Cohn. Go find the playoff Pearl=Tullahoma game from last year. 2 games in 4 years where Pearl was held to 7 or under points. They have too much speed. Anderson Co either has to control the clock and score. Or match their every score and ask how that worked out for Haywood. Not Very Well.

Thanks, Yep I will check that game out.

50 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Interesting.  

AC can score quickly. The passing game is legit. They have also shown that they are capable of grinding out long soul sucking possessions on the ground against good teams too. 

Typically our kickoffs go through the end zone too. 

I don't know what they'll do or to expect. I hope for a good injury free game that is decided on the field by the players. 

But can Anderson Co collect themselves after watching Pearl go 80 yards in 2 plays. Kicking game means nothing if you cant get stops. 

I would onside kick and steal possessions 

2 minutes ago, TtownReject said:

But can Anderson Co collect themselves after watching Pearl go 80 yards in 2 plays. Kicking game means nothing if you cant get stops. 

We have played some good teams and beat good teams, notably defending state champion 5A Powell that barley lost to an Animal in West. So maybe your saying that PC may be better than a Powell? Who knows what ever the case the Mavs play pretty smart and are good as well so we shall see.

10 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

You mean the Tomcat team that threw for under 200yds, 1TD and 1int on the season? Man, that ain’t awesome. That’s a one dimensional team. And I didn’t see any defense in that semifinal game from either side. I’ll call it now. AC is a more complete team. That can play defense. Defense wins championships. The offensive side just happens to be good too. AC gets their first Title on Saturday. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But that’s how I’m viewing it.

Yes the Tomcats are an awesome team!!  That game Friday was an awesome game and two great teams getting after it!! If the PC faithful are honest they will likely admit that the game could have gone either way!! All I am saying is, this Haywood team is way better than when they played Elizabethton and Greeneville, so don’t expect that PC beat that type of team! PC is legit! Their QB throws darts with accuracy and their receivers can catch anything!! They have big backs as well!! Probably the biggest I have seen in a long time! Including the trips to state a few short years ago!! I respect both programs but if you overlook PC , you’ll get beat. Period 

Edited by Chargercats

2 minutes ago, Chargercats said:

Ya the Tomcats are an awesome team!!  That game Friday was an awesome game and two great teams getting after it!! If the PC faithful are honest they will likely admit that the game could have gone either way!! All I am saying is, this Haywood team is way better than when they played Elizabethton and Greeneville, so don’t expect that PC beat that type of team! PV is legit! Their QB throws dartS with accuracy and their receivers can catch anything!! They have big backs as well!! Probably the biggest I have seen in a king time! Including the trips to state a few short years ago!! I respect both programs but if you overlook PC , younger beat. Period 

Definitely not overlooking. Just feel comfortable that AC will be ready. 

19 minutes ago, TtownReject said:

AC has shown to play well from behind. But interestingly I wonder how well PC plays from behind. Just wondering curious.

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Been behind a few times this season Marshall County and Haywood to name a few.

True with Haywood that was shoot out. Almost like who every has the ball last wins. Mavs have been there in the past but new defensive coach has eliminated that and made some pretty big adjustments. Still believe AC has been tested and are pretty smart now. Last week the Mud was something we really never had to deal with and UTC should be perfect turf for AC. They took UT 7X7 and ranked Nationally in 7X7 and yet it's just 7X7 but that is actually just one piece to the AC skill set. 

• Upvote 1