Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

3 hours ago, WaveGoodbye said:

WHAT?!?   Who on earth is consulting the administration right now???   Alexander is 57-69 as a college coach.  16-36 at TN Tech!  His high school record isn’t much better.  34-30 between WC, Upperman, and Jackson Co.    And if it hadn’t been for his final season at WC, his record was 24-28.   Alexander would be an absolutely disastrous hire, and it would upset the community even more than they already are.   Admins have got to do better than that.

I agree.  He is older and not a name that resonates with the kids in the hall.  While he has ties to Gallatin, he does not have a good track record of winning.  I think he would be more of the same.  

Stewart at East, Caine at Upperman, Baldwin at Waverly tjose are a few names that I would definitely call and find out about. And don’t take a no at first as definitive, ask several times if you have too!!  Be aggressive and go get your guy!!!  

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2022 at 12:25 PM, GWAVE1 said:

I agree.  He is older and not a name that resonates with the kids in the hall.  While he has ties to Gallatin, he does not have a good track record of winning.  I think he would be more of the same.  

Stewart at East, Caine at Upperman, Baldwin at Waverly tjose are a few names that I would definitely call and find out about. And don’t take a no at first as definitive, ask several times if you have too!!  Be aggressive and go get your guy!!!  

Caine would be my choice unless Creasy applied ! 

1 hour ago, runninblind said:

Caine would be my choice unless Creasy applied ! 

Caine would be a smash hire!!  He has done more with less since becoming an HC.  When you listen to his interviews he talks slow yet knows what it takes.  He knows that building a relationship with his feeder schools is important and he knows where the teams need to be for success.  Not sure if he has ever had a losing season even when taking over a program.  If what your doing is having an effect at a place like Sequatchie County then you know he knows what to do.  Sequatchie Co hasn’t been the same since he left.  He has enjoyed good success in Baxter as well.  The talent level and potential at Gallatin I feel could be far greater here than there.  Not saying you don’t have work to do but that would be why you get someone like him.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Caine would be a smash hire!!  He has done more with less since becoming an HC.  When you listen to his interviews he talks slow yet knows what it takes.  He knows that building a relationship with his feeder schools is important and he knows where the teams need to be for success.  Not sure if he has ever had a losing season even when taking over a program.  If what you’re doing is having an effect at a place like Sequatchie County then you know he knows what to do.  Sequatchie Co hasn’t been the same since he left.  He has enjoyed good success in Baxter as well.  The talent level and potential at Gallatin I feel could be far greater here than there.  Not saying you don’t have work to do but that would be why you get someone like him.  

Brent Alexander  or Jamaal Stewart would be a better fit.  Gallatin’s roster is 50% African American.  Nothing against Caine or not inferring anything but he has coached zero African American kids at Sequatchie or Upperman.  I checked and Gallatin had zero  African American coaches this year. Why?

6 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Brent Alexander  or Jamaal Stewart would be a better fit.  Gallatin’s roster is 50% African American.  Nothing against Caine or not inferring anything but he has coached zero African American kids at Sequatchie or Upperman.  I checked and Gallatin had zero  African American coaches this year. Why?

He has coached at places like Hewitt Trussville in Alabama. Was a GA at Austin Peay. I know for a fact he has coached three African American kids on his teams while at Upperman (not saying that is a lot)

52 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

I don’t care what color the coaches skin is.  That is totally irrelevant to me.  I want a winner.  Everybody keeps bringing up Alexander just because he graduated from here.  He lives 2 or 3 miles from Station Camp, he has taught down there for years, he has told multiple people that he does not want to coach at Gallatin, and he has only qualified for the playoffs once in 3 seasons.  Once again great guy, but not the one I would want.  

Stewart however….. I think he has a lot of upside.  He has a good reputation I am told in the coaching community and I think he would excite the kids.  I would highly consider him.  

But Caine would be a great hire!!  

Caine would win football games here.  I have no idea how well he would interact with the community, what his coaching staff would look like, or how long he would stay….  But he would win football games.   Another guy I would 100% go after aggressively is Derek Rang at Lewis County.   That dude wins everywhere he goes to, and he has some hardware to prove he can win the big game (Dresden state championship).  Nothing against Hohenwald, but surely Gallatin has to be a better job than Lewis County.