East Robertson 2023

Chiefbigfoot

On 4/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, Humpy42 said:

Well I was there and yes I’m proud of it. You probably need to get your facts. All you’re seeing is the umpire side. I’ve never seen an umpire call time and tell the head coach if you don’t switch catchers I’m not going to continue this inning. He wouldn’t let players celebrate. Also known fact he has thrown atleast 5 other head coaches out of games. So yea not so much fans as the ump. 

spiderman-meme-164016516016x9.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elijah Groves is reeling in offers from all over, Sophomore Zack Groves getting an offer from UAB (according to a twitter post I just saw), Isaiah Groves being a favorite for Mr. Football, and Wyatt Pearson with a couple of D1 offers I believe. There is a lot of talent on this team and looking at that am I wrong for saying it would be a disappointing season if they don’t make the 4th round of playoffs at the minimum? 

3 hours ago, UConnAlum94 said:

Elijah Groves is reeling in offers from all over, Sophomore Zack Groves getting an offer from UAB (according to a twitter post I just saw), Isaiah Groves being a favorite for Mr. Football, and Wyatt Pearson with a couple of D1 offers I believe. There is a lot of talent on this team and looking at that am I wrong for saying it would be a disappointing season if they don’t make the 4th round of playoffs at the minimum? 

Their biggest threat is Smith, which would be the 3rd round. 4th round is an easier game than round 3. Pearson doesn’t have any offers yet but has a lot of interest, Isaiah Groves was also offered by UAB. QB play will dictate success in playoffs.

10 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Their biggest threat is Smith, which would be the 3rd round. 4th round is an easier game than round 3. Pearson doesn’t have any offers yet but has a lot of interest, Isaiah Groves was also offered by UAB. QB play will dictate success in playoffs.

Don't sleep on Fayetteville, Willoughby is a stud. But yes the Smith County and East Robertson game is the biggest game of the regular season on the Eastern side of the 2A bracket. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tjoe99 said:

How did East look in the spring scrimmage? I know some key guys were out because of baseball. Is there a plan for qb or are they rocking with the freshman this year? 

Beat Rossview 28-0. Had 2 8th graders  starting and 1 was at quarterback….and not the 8th grader that’s suppose to get the job.

12 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Beat Rossview 28-0. Had 2 8th graders  starting and 1 was at quarterback….and not the 8th grader that’s suppose to get the job.

I think the Young kid is gonna be special at Qb. That’s gotta be the biggest question mark for this upcoming season. Tons of talent on the field if guys can remain healthy. ER sports as a whole has been fantastic the past few years.

Just came to my realization that in Atlee Ponds last year at the helm he had Taylor Groves, Zech Prince, Shaun Groves, Isaiah Groves, Elijah Groves, and Wyatt Pearson all future D1 football players and couldn’t get a winning season in 2A football. Pitiful. Had a handful of D2, D3 kids too, has to be one of the worst head coaching jobs in high school history.

31 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Just came to my realization that in Atlee Ponds last year at the helm he had Taylor Groves, Zech Prince, Shaun Groves, Isaiah Groves, Elijah Groves, and Wyatt Pearson all future D1 football players and couldn’t get a winning season in 2A football. Pitiful. Had a handful of D2, D3 kids too, has to be one of the worst head coaching jobs in high school history.

Watching that play calling was like watching my 7 year old call plays in the back yard. Current coaching staff has done wonders. With the success of the middle school the past few years, and the athletes already in the high school program, I think it’s about to be a good next few years for ER football. Any idea who the Qb is gonna be this fall?