Friendship Christian vs Nashville Christian D2-A Gold Ball Contest

Booger

8 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Is the NCS QB your grandson or something? I think Don King did less promotion for Tyson back in the 80s. 

I nearly spit my drink when I read your comment. Dude got a tad angry with me for the same thing. He claims he has no affiliation with NCS and just knows our division. He has certainly missed the boat on some of the west's best athletes, Kevin Davis comes to mind for me( he and I had some go around during track a few years ago and I'm sure you guys have a few he has ignored too. He is a middle Tenn homer and that's cool.

Come say hello during hoops. If we are going to argue sometimes wr ought to meet. lol

4 hours ago, orangecrush said:

That’s pretty dang classless to come on a message board and talk about a kid having an IEP.  Please delete this part of your post.  

With the creation of D2 I cannot imagine why a private school would not recruit.  I cannot see why a good head coach would go to a private school that didn't allow at least 10 scholarship players to be on the team.

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I nearly spit my drink when I read your comment. Dude got a tad angry with me for the same thing. He claims he has no affiliation with NCS and just knows our division. He has certainly missed the boat on some of the west's best athletes, Kevin Davis comes to mind for me( he and I had some go around during track a few years ago and I'm sure you guys have a few he has ignored too. He is a middle Tenn homer and that's cool.

Come say hello during hoops. If we are going to argue sometimes wr ought to meet. lol

Lol you guys really are stuck in west TN homer land. How many championships have been won by the middle TN teams? There’s no denying the west TN teams have not been able to get over the hump and win. Why that is something you’re incapable of admitting is odd? Doesn’t mean those programs aren’t good but they’ve clearly not been able to break through with any consistency yet. 

I have zero affiliation with NCS, my children went to, and are going to, DCA. I’ve seen NCS and FCS for years, including this year,  and that is where I made my comments from. BTW I saw the DCA vs USJ  game last year. While a great program for decades they weren’t competitive with the middle TN teams. 

52 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Lol you guys really are stuck in west TN homer land. How many championships have been won by the middle TN teams? There’s no denying the west TN teams have not been able to get over the hump and win. Why that is something you’re incapable of admitting is odd? Doesn’t mean those programs aren’t good but they’ve clearly not been able to break through with any consistency yet. 

I have zero affiliation with NCS, my children went to, and are going to, DCA. I’ve seen NCS and FCS for years, including this year,  and that is where I made my comments from. BTW I saw the DCA vs USJ  game last year. While a great program for decades they weren’t competitive with the middle TN teams. 

Playerscoach, you normally have some really good insights, but others have their own opinions....I might tone down the arrogance and name calling a bit. I enjoy most of your comments, but...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Lol well I guess we are no more stuck in West Homer land than you are in middle Homer land. Like I said, it's ok to be a homer and you are a mid state homer while others are West or east. USJ has been to the show and recently. Did they win, nope. My school has not been since 2010 when we played for a D1 2A title v 4A signal mountain. Should of had 2 and possibly 3 titles in D12A if not for injuries to our 2 different Mr Football winners in consecutive years. Both are multiple state record holders passing and running BTW. While you know football, you are not the end all and I am certainly not either. 

Have a good nite and maybe we will cross paths in a couple of years.

I’m a full on USJ homer, but I think we have to be realistic that in most years the quality of play in all divisions is better in Middle TN than West, and the difference has been widening in the private school leagues IMO.

We’ve had some great teams at USJ — the 2020 team was loaded but DA was just at another level entirely. We used to could play the Memphis teams and get some high level competition there, but none of those programs are in good shape now and may not be for a while. Nashville has had huge economic and demographic growth over the last couple decades, and now we’re seeing the results. Nashville private schools can draw from a deeper talent pool and pick and choose who they admit much more than we can.

That’s a bigger conversation than a high school football board, but then again with all of the development coming to Jackson and West TN now we may see the same effect here in the coming years. It takes time though. A baby born today won’t play football for 16 years.

1 hour ago, Kublah said:

I’m a full on USJ homer, but I think we have to be realistic that in most years the quality of play in all divisions is better in Middle TN than West, and the difference has been widening in the private school leagues IMO.

We’ve had some great teams at USJ — the 2020 team was loaded but DA was just at another level entirely. We used to could play the Memphis teams and get some high level competition there, but none of those programs are in good shape now and may not be for a while. Nashville has had huge economic and demographic growth over the last couple decades, and now we’re seeing the results. Nashville private schools can draw from a deeper talent pool and pick and choose who they admit much more than we can.

That’s a bigger conversation than a high school football board, but then again with all of the development coming to Jackson and West TN now we may see the same effect here in the coming years. It takes time though. A baby born today won’t play football for 16 years.

Now that is true. The growth that’s coming will change that area a great deal. I hope that growth will affect USJ and JCS? Lots of high paying jobs and the public school system may be strained even further. IMO JCS could really benefit from USJs move up and the growth.

16 hours ago, inthagap said:

Playerscoach, you normally have some really good insights, but others have their own opinions....I might tone down the arrogance and name calling a bit. I enjoy most of your comments, but...

I’m good. I gave an opinion and the “goon squad west” started taking shots. It’s silly so as usual  I counterpunched. 

I have been complimentary of players and schools like always. I don’t promote my school over others because I’m reasonable. I congratulated FCS and have several friends who’s children attended the school. 

This season is over so I’m excited about little PCs senior year. He’s the last of three and will end 40 years of sports playing at DCA. They have some good pieces coming back but the biggest piece, coach Wade, might get poached by another school? His resume speaks for itself so it’s always interesting to see the jobs that come open and if Wade will leave? I have zero (0.00000) knowledge if he would even consider leaving but with his track record of winning gold balls schools that have the finances and desire to win at the highest level will always be interested in him. 

Edited by Playerscoach

24 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Now that is true. The growth that’s coming will change that area a great deal. I hope that growth will affect USJ and JCS? Lots of high paying jobs and the public school system may be strained even further. IMO JCS could really benefit from USJs move up and the growth.

What would be ideal would be for the city to have a big enough base for all three schools — TCA, JCS and USJ — to be competitive at the same time. There’s also a Catholic school that is strong in other sports but only plays 8 man football for now. Fayette Academy will definitely benefit, and they have had some very good teams in the past. There’s probably a good chance someone opens up a private school in Brownsville eventually.

As an addendum to all this, I think it’s safe to say USJ’s staff felt the soft schedule hurt them this year. They’ve scheduled Peabody, South Gibson and Union City for non-region play next year. Plus the rivalries with JCS and TCA. Those will all be big, tough, fun games. 

• Upvote 1