Walker Martinez robbed of Mr. Football to a losy 4-7 QB - Abolish the award

GoMavs423

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

One player takes away your no one comment, you can't be that obtuse or maybe you are. (I would think next time before i commented with an absolute statement)

As a former high school coach I know exactly how the recruiting game works.  If Vowell would have committed to Iowa they would had to pull is offer for him to not go there.  Do you believe Soles (Powell) offer from Alabama isn't a true offer since he is only a 3Star the same way as Vowell and not committable?

You are so right Swipes. Young people go to schools where they are most comfortable. Most know they will never play in the NFL. So you play where you might get more playing time, academics, where friends and family can watch and support them. This is not 1955, the NFL will find you if you can play.

If people pay attention to the transfer portals there are a lot of D2 and D1 AA developed 2 and 3 stars transferring to D1 schools  and a lot of 4 stars transferring to D1 AA.

This is so true. It’s a popularity contest, with voters casting ballots for their candidate. Bryson Rollins, from Elizabethton, may not have been deserving of the award in 2021, but he wasn’t even in the conversation? He should have at least been a semi finalist! You know, It probably killed them to give Parker Hughes the award in 2020. Great post by the way!

7 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

This is so true. It’s a popularity contest, with voters casting ballots for their candidate. Bryson Rollins, from Elizabethton, may not have been deserving of the award in 2021, but he wasn’t even in the conversation? He should have at least been a semi finalist! You know, It probably killed them to give Parker Hughes the award in 2020. Great post by the way!

Don’t even get me started on that. Biggest snub in the last 10 years.