can bearden beat maryville next year

BeardenBullies

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BeardenBullies said:

we coming those pups getting ready to take over

Are you ready to stop LaDue with 6 of your 7 defensive front men  graduating. That was the highlight for Bearden this year the defense. It will take some pretty big feet to fill number 99's shoes at DE. When you get over on the other side of the ball you lose your starting guards and tackles and 2 other seniors that started on offense. I'm sure Mr. Jones will hit the transfer portal this winter and steal all the goodies from A-E and Fulton.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Maryville - 38

Bearden -13

as usual

How many seniors does DB graduate?     In looking at the 2023 schedule there will be wins against: West Ridge, Mo East, William Blount, Crockett.    Jeff Co might be a tossup and Science Hill will be a loss.    So it's about 5-1 or 4-2 so far.   Not sure who the non-region games are against

Young guy, I am a Bearden alum and have a good friend on the Bearden coaching staff. I am very exited about the future with Josh and that staff in place. 

But I also spent a good amount of time close to the Maryville program. 

Maryville is still the premier program in 6A in the Knoxville area. I certainly expect that Bearden  will be much improved,  but the bear is still Maryville. 

Don't poke the bear. It will come back to bite you. 

24 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

The play calling at Bearden will have to improve by leaps and bounds if they beat Maryville next year. When Bearden went for it on 4th down on their own 17 was one of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen. 

It probably wasn’t the right call, but I do get why they did it. If we’re talking about the same play in the playoff game, at that point the 3rd quarter was almost over with Maryville up 14-3. You obviously never want to turn it over in your own territory but even if they punted Maryville might’ve started their drive at midfield or better. They must have had a play call that they liked there to get a couple yards and it didn’t work. If it had been much longer than that, it really would’ve been dumb. I don’t hate being aggressive in that particular situation because it may have been the only shot they had to get back in the game. Otherwise Maryville was going to grind the clock down and really put them in a bind while also possibly going up 21-3. But obviously not getting it on 4th down in that situation sealed their fate.

If a 6A team not named Oakland wants to beat Maryville their best chance will be next year. Not saying Maryville will be bad at all. I think they will still be good.  JV team for Maryville was undefeated. Freshmen lost 1 game which was to Bearden. What gives me a lot of hope for the future is the Junior High team. Junior High team went unbeaten. Alcoa and the Bradley Junior High teams were the only ones who played Maryville close. Will Jones is a name to remember. He is the younger brother of former Maryville Quarterback Carson Jones. Will Jones reminds me so much of former Rebel Dylan Hopkins. The Junior High team had outstanding receivers also. Junior High assistant coach told me that the 7th grade class is better than the 8th grade class.

3 hours ago, REBELRON said:

If a 6A team not named Oakland wants to beat Maryville their best chance will be next year. Not saying Maryville will be bad at all. I think they will still be good.  JV team for Maryville was undefeated. Freshmen lost 1 game which was to Bearden. What gives me a lot of hope for the future is the Junior High team. Junior High team went unbeaten. Alcoa and the Bradley Junior High teams were the only ones who played Maryville close. Will Jones is a name to remember. He is the younger brother of former Maryville Quarterback Carson Jones. Will Jones reminds me so much of former Rebel Dylan Hopkins. The Junior High team had outstanding receivers also. Junior High assistant coach told me that the 7th grade class is better than the 8th grade class.

Bearden lost 6 starters on both sides of the ball not to mention King Kong nber 99 plus the heart of the team was the defensive and 6 of the seven up front men which were really good.