Beast of the East updates

WrestlingGod

Jarvis Little wrestled an incredible tourney finishing 4th. A questionable takedown at the end of the conso finals match but he looked great all weekend giving Ferrera, an NY state champ and Cornell commit, his closest match all weekend losing 3-1.

Landon Desselle mfft for 7/8. Has had a lot of very physical, close matches recently and made a good decision to save his body and not risk injury. 

It’s kind of hard to fathom that this school has only existed for a very short time and to see that in that short time Pete now has pushed his kids to a team getting national hardware regularly is crazy. Good for him. 

Edited by WrestlingGod
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2022 at 4:52 PM, WrestlingGod said:

Jarvis Little wrestled an incredible tourney finishing 4th. A questionable takedown at the end of the conso finals match but he looked great all weekend giving Ferrera, an NY state champ and Cornell commit, his closest match all weekend losing 3-1.

Landon Desselle mfft for 7/8. Has had a lot of very physical, close matches recently and made a good decision to save his body and not risk injury. 

It’s kind of hard to fathom that this school has only existed for a very short time and to see that in that short time Pete now has pushed his kids to a team getting national hardware regularly is crazy. Good for him. 

Summit had a great tournament. Little and Desselle picking up medals is big time no matter what the weight. Working through a 64 man bracket is never easy.

DB getting their freshman a medal in a tough 113 bracket is big time for him. Really puts him on the national stage, hopefully they will continue to give him the opportunities. For all the talk of Max Norman’s greatness we didn’t really see it this weekend, I would have expected a medal with who people say he is.

42 minutes ago, MadHatter6 said:

For all the talk of Max Norman’s greatness we didn’t really see it this weekend, I would have expected a medal with who people say he is.

Max is doing great.  Racked up some big wins on nationally ranked opponents over the last year, collected some AA awards at Fargo in freestyle and greco, and won a state title as a freshman at 145.  Like any wrestler who is a sophomore he will have ups and downs.  Great competition at that tournament so stuff happens and he will learn.  Speaking about Max positively doesn't in any way diminish others accomplishments.  Summit kids and Mason Jakob were excellent and deserving of any and all praise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MadHatter6 said:

Summit had a great tournament. Little and Desselle picking up medals is big time no matter what the weight. Working through a 64 man bracket is never easy.

DB getting their freshman a medal in a tough 113 bracket is big time for him. Really puts him on the national stage, hopefully they will continue to give him the opportunities. For all the talk of Max Norman’s greatness we didn’t really see it this weekend, I would have expected a medal with who people say he is.

Hatter, Max was the #14 seed, went 3-2 while beating the 3 seed, and his losses were to the runner up and 4th place. Not like he had a bad tournament. Also, hes just a sophomore and wrestling some GFM's. Not as easy to place there for an underclassman as it is in the lightweights where underclassman often reign supreme. No, Max isn't the 2nd coming of Gable or Cael but hes gonna be just fine.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Max is doing great.  Racked up some big wins on nationally ranked opponents over the last year, collected some AA awards at Fargo in freestyle and greco, and won a state title as a freshman at 145.  Like any wrestler who is a sophomore he will have ups and downs.  Great competition at that tournament so stuff happens and he will learn.  Speaking about Max positively doesn't in any way diminish others accomplishments.  Summit kids and Mason Jakob were excellent and deserving of any and all praise.

I’ve seen Norman wrestle a ton. And he has beaten some heavy competition. I’m not trying to diminish any of what he has done. 
he’s a bracket buster everywhere he has been. He rattled off a phenomenal tournament last year at state and this summer in Fargo. He ran into technically sound wrestlers and didn’t get the results no shame in that.

10 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Hatter, Max was the #14 seed, went 3-2 while beating the 3 seed, and his losses were to the runner up and 4th place. Not like he had a bad tournament. Also, hes just a sophomore and wrestling some GFM's. Not as easy to place there for an underclassman as it is in the lightweights where underclassman often reign supreme. No, Max isn't the 2nd coming of Gable or Cael but hes gonna be just fine.

I’m not saying he had a bad tournament, I hope that wasn’t misconstrued in anyway. 
I could argue the tournament was seeded terribly but any 3 seed is tough at that caliber tournament and wouldn’t want to take that away from Norman.

We see him called the “senior killer” or “super sophomore” in TN all the time and some holes in his game got exposed this weekend is all I meant. If he continues to progress he may grace the beast podium very very soon. Young man puts it on the line and I can appreciate anyone that does that.