Girls Rankings Round 3 Weekend of 12/16 & 12/17

cougars130

6 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

The Beast of the East is one of the top boys tournaments in the Nation. Greeneville takes their top boys there (successfully) for National rankings and college exposure. They have started a girls tournament with the same purpose and intent. Ocean42 could give you probably a better answer.

You nailed it. The best exposure comes from wrestling the best kids and these large national tournaments gives coaches a sort of one stop shop. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

The Beast of the East is one of the top boys tournaments in the Nation. Greeneville takes their top boys there (successfully) for National rankings and college exposure. They have started a girls tournament with the same purpose and intent. Ocean42 could give you probably a better answer.

Yes that’s for the boys tournament why would we want to take away from what we are already doing for the girls side of wrestling. Delaware I don’t believe is a sanctioned girls wrestling state. 
TN is TN is also the first state to have an official girls duals state tournament. 
girls from other states travel to TN to wrestle our girls how does that help grow girls wrestling in TN to take 5 top girls in the state of TN to a Tournament that has less then 8 people in a bracket? 

4 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

After the final team results from the Rossview tournament yesterday, are we finally seeing a change of the guards away from it being a forgone conclusion that Rossview or Clarksville will win and the door is open for other teams? 

There is definitely room for other teams to win Clarksville never really puts in the starting lineup until the state tournament. But no excuses Cleveland has a great duals team. Beat Rossview and Clarksville on Friday night. 
Montgomery Central and Riverdale have great lineups as well. 
But those girls over at Summit are Solid if they only had 3 more girls on their program. 

29 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

You nailed it. The best exposure comes from wrestling the best kids and these large national tournaments gives coaches a sort of one stop shop. 

And it’s not a 1 stop shop because the coaches who show up to these tournaments for boys exposure don’t provide a girls wrestling team in college. 

2 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

And it’s not a 1 stop shop because the coaches who show up to these tournaments for boys exposure don’t provide a girls wrestling team in college. 

You don’t have to like it. She, and her coaches, made their choice and that is good enough. 

Edited by oceansize42

2 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

For boys the best ranking system by far is is rank wrestlers on rokfin.  Why? It doesn't rely on parents and coaches reporting wins/losses to Hamm or Hamm scouring track for results.  Rank scrapes Track Wrestling and applies an algorithm to produce class rankings by divisions (A, AA, II) or across the whole state.    Of course it costs $15 bucks a month but you can use for the length of the season and cancel so $45 for an entire season.  Small price to pay for vastly superior rankings.  Plus you can see every kid's matches from across the state, the rankings of there opponents in the matches, their team, as well as big wins from across the states, dual match comparisons, etc., etc., etc.  Simply unbeatable.    I'm sure at some point rank will add girls but until then I guess those who care are stuck with parents/coaches.  Honestly it is so cheap for what it provides I can't imagine relying on individuals "best educated guess".

Thanks @oceansize42!!

10 hours ago, cougars130 said:

Girls 100

• 1st-Vivian Mariscal John Overton Girls
  • 2nd-Rylee Lent Independence Girls
  • 3rd-Shyanne Michalski Northwest Girls
  • 4th-Alivia Ryan Dobyns Bennett Girls
  • 5th-Betsy Sanchez Alcoa Girls 
  • 6th-Rhyne Johnson Greeneville Girls 

Girls 107

• 1st-Jenna Baines Greeneville Girls
  • 2nd-Grace Von Loh Riverdale Girls
  • 3rd-Gracie Tuberville Montgomery Central Girls
  • 4th-Payton Agnell Tullauhoma Girls
  • 5th-Makya Parker Cleveland Girls
  • 6th-Elinor Underwood Seymour Girls

Girls 114

• 1st-Melanie Val St. Andrew`s Sewanee Girls
  • 2nd-Mila Risner Oakland Girls
  • 3rd-Senna Grassman Cleveland Girls
  • 4th-Kiley Mcnerney Riverdale Girls
  • 5th-Esperanza Cruz Gibbs Girls
  • 6th-Allie Shelton Greeneville Girls

Girls 120 

• 1st-Ella`lina Gonzalez Clarksville Girls
  • 2nd-Mariana Bowen Rossview Girls
  • 3rd-Alex Costello Science Hill Girls
  • 4th-Wachipi Hamelryck Sullivan East Girls
  • 5th-Jakyra Parker Cleveland Girls
  • 6th-Nataleigh Shane Bradley Central Girls

Girls 126

• 1st-Ansley Reed Science Hill Girls
  • 2nd-Gabriella Rincon Bradley Central Girls
  • 3rd-Olivia Johnson Summit Girls
  • 4th-Morgan Sacharczyk Riverdale Girls
  • 5th-Angelina Slingluff Seymour Girls
  • 6th-Audrey Levendusky Montgomery Central Girls

Girls 132

• 1st-Lilli Cobb Clarksville Girls
  • 2nd-Verena Pate St. Andrew`s Sewanee Girls
  • 3rd-Evelin Ochoa Rossview Girls
  • 4th-Emily Whitmore Montgomery Central Girls 
  • 5th-Lacey Riebli White House Heritage Girls
  • 6th-Jes`Onia Barefield West Creek Girls 

Girls 138

• 1st-Brooklyn Long Independence Girls  
  • 2nd-Rylee Bennett Summit Girls 
  • 3rd-Haley Redmond Gibbs Girls
  • 4th-Paraskevi Christopoulos Baylor Girls 
  • 5th-Ty Bryant Clarksville Academy Girls
  • 6th-Kristyn Harr Gibbs Girls 

Girls 145

• 1st-Maggie Graham Bartlett Girls
  • 2nd-Finnley Craig Summit Girls
  • 3rd-Kayla Powers Clarksville Girls
  • 4th-Kelsey Mize Rossview Girls
  • 5th-Trinity Roberts Heritage Girls 
  • 6th-Mollie Bowman Siegel Girls

Girls 152

• 1st-Genesis Gilmore Montgomery Central Girls
  • 2nd-Krickett Jones Karns Girls
  • 3rd-Mercedes Standards Collierville Girls
  • 4th-Morgan Cornelius Greenville Girls
  • 5th-Bella Harris Cleveland Girls 
  • 6th-Gianna Nikolao Rossview Girls

Girls 165

• 1st-Piper Fowler Cleveland Girls
  • 2nd-Aliya Whaley Maryville Girls
  • 3rd-Irelynn Laurin Rossview Girls
  • 4th-Carter Grissom Riverdale Girls
  • 5th-Cearyona O’Conner Montgomery Central Girls 
  • 6th-Sallie Lundy Daniel Boone Girls

Girls 185

• 1st-Ella Murphey Hardin Valley Academy Girls
  • 2nd-Katelyn Mcmillan Rossview Girls 
  • 3rd-Nyla Lee Bartlett Girls
  • 4th-Brittney Meneses Tullauhoma Girls
  • 5th-Audra Buckley Montgomery Central Girls
  • 6th-Sydney Grissom Riverdale Girls

Girls 235

• 1st-Diamond Young Cleveland Girls
  • 2nd-Trinity Lynn Gibbs Girls
  • 3rd-Gabriella Gray Chattanooga Central Girls 
  • 4th-Sydney Hueser Franklin Girls
  • 5th- Emma Young Alcoa Girls
  • 6th-Kharisma Graham Montgomery Central Girls 

Why do you still have Trinity Lynn at HWT when she's clearly 185 now?

2 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

You don’t have to like it. She, and her coaches, made their choice and that is good enough. 

Never said anything about liking it or not but was it though. Then again that’s why she is ranked where she is at until she wrestles Tough competition in TN then her and the rest of Greenville girls will be where they are at on my list of rankings. 
A quick vacation is cool. 
but the reason given here did not add up.. 

10 hours ago, cougars130 said:

Yes that’s for the boys tournament why would we want to take away from what we are already doing for the girls side of wrestling. Delaware I don’t believe is a sanctioned girls wrestling state. 
TN is TN is also the first state to have an official girls duals state tournament. 
girls from other states travel to TN to wrestle our girls how does that help grow girls wrestling in TN to take 5 top girls in the state of TN to a Tournament that has less then 8 people in a bracket? 

It may have only been in some cases 8 girl brackets but there was some hammers. Fargo champs, Fargo all American and lots of other great accolades.  It’s a great opportunity to get out of the state in a big arena and see all of the other looks that you will get at a tournament like that. There was state champs that didn’t do so well and those same state champs would dominate in Tn. I think it was a great opportunity for our girls. Wish more would travel outside of the state. Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there if you have a desire for your wrestlers to get better. 

basically I am saying quality over quantity. 

Sid Mason

5 minutes ago, Mason422 said:

It may have only been in some cases 8 girl brackets but there was some hammers. Fargo champs, Fargo all American and lots of other great accolades.  It’s a great opportunity to get out of the state in a big arena and see all of the other looks that you will get at a tournament like that. There was state champs that didn’t do so well and those same state champs would dominate in Tn. I think it was a great opportunity for our girls. Wish more would travel outside of the state. Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there if you have a desire for your wrestlers to get better. 

basically I am saying quality over quantity. 

Sid Mason

I won’t argue the reason. But yea I’m sure there were a few out of the tournament with nice accolades the same can be said for many girls in TN that were all in the same GYM for 2 nights in the same week. 
Quality and Quantity or just quality of the boys tournament and tag along the girls. 

Edited by cougars130

1 minute ago, cougars130 said:

I won’t argue the reason. But yea I’m sure there were a few out of the tournament with nice accolades the same can be said for many girls in TN that were all in the same GYM for 2 nights in the same week. 
Quality and Quantity or just quality of the boys tournament and tag along the girls. 

You can coach your team anyway you want. We choose to take our boys and girls out of state all we can. Our little school has some of the very best wrestlers in the country and I will assure you that it’s not because we stayed and wrestled the “Tough” Tn kids that we see  all of the time. If you want wrestlers to grow into better wrestlers they have to travel. Just my opinion though. 

oh and just fyi. Our girls came up on Thursday, wrestled Friday and the are leaving TN again for Florida on Monday. Very excited to see them continue to grow and develop into better wrestlers. 

on another note if our wrestlers boys and girls want to get a college scholarship I can assure you that nobody care about a TN state title. 

My son had over 30 Div 1 offers and not a single one ask if he won state in TN. It’s ALL about national accomplishments. 

Sid Mason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1