AAA District 7

FootyFanatic

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

His Girls did not do him any favors with the turnovers and bad shot selections down the stretch.  It is hard to see a team of White County’s talent struggle with a press

Yes this seems to be a thorn in the side for the last 2 years. Last night was the first I can remember LA pressing them this year though which obviously paid off. Maybe fear of foul trouble.

22 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I still believe same 4 teams play in region semis next week

A lot of truth in this after watching the semifinals of 7aaa.  Very good Basketball on Saturday and high level defense as well.  I have not seen but a couple of games with 8aaa but from what I saw the level of play is higher in 7aaa.

3 hours ago, Sammie said:

A lot of truth in this after watching the semifinals of 7aaa.  Very good Basketball on Saturday and high level defense as well.  I have not seen but a couple of games with 8aaa but from what I saw the level of play is higher in 7aaa.

Page was really good last year obviously making it to the state tournament. But traditionally girl’s basketball in the UpperCumberland area is one of if not the very best in the entire state.  More gold and silver here than anywhere in the state. 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Page was really good last year obviously making it to the state tournament. But traditionally girl’s basketball in the UpperCumberland area is one of if not the very best in the entire state.  More gold and silver here than anywhere in the state. 

looks like page finished fourth and Lawrence finished third.  Lincoln county won it over tullahoma so I agree I do not think any 8aaa will win but maybe Lincoln County or Page could pull an upset if seeding is right.  They have the best two coaches in that district hands down 

9 hours ago, Sammie said:

looks like page finished fourth and Lawrence finished third.  Lincoln county won it over tullahoma so I agree I do not think any 8aaa will win but maybe Lincoln County or Page could pull an upset if seeding is right.  They have the best two coaches in that district hands down 

I disagree respectfully. Reason being is Page isn't last years page but still has talent but the new coach hasn't seemed to fit with them. They have underperformed all year. Lincoln Co and Tullahoma by far have the best two coaches in the district. Tullahoma is long and athletic and gameplan really well and they have a stud freshman who can go. They made huge strides this year compared to where they was a year ago. LC is uber talented and can light it up from downtown and they defend really well. They are def the best team in the district and are a year older and playing in that gym is where opponents dreams seem to go to die. Great environment to play in if you've never been I would recommend making the drive to Fayetteville on friday night. 

22 hours ago, Doc931 said:

I disagree respectfully. Reason being is Page isn't last years page but still has talent but the new coach hasn't seemed to fit with them. They have underperformed all year. Lincoln Co and Tullahoma by far have the best two coaches in the district. Tullahoma is long and athletic and gameplan really well and they have a stud freshman who can go. They made huge strides this year compared to where they was a year ago. LC is uber talented and can light it up from downtown and they defend really well. They are def the best team in the district and are a year older and playing in that gym is where opponents dreams seem to go to die. Great environment to play in if you've never been I would recommend making the drive to Fayetteville on friday night. 

Ok 

Edited by Sammie

On 2/21/2023 at 8:30 AM, Doc931 said:

The coaching in Region 4 is impressive.  District 7 has McWilliams, Riddle, Dodgen.  District 8 has Coffman, Hibdon, Tipps, Steely.  Lot of really good coaches with successful track records in that region.