Coffee co?

Nontypical

On 1/11/2023 at 8:20 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

No i saw them in the preseason at Independence HS and they totally outclassed every team there including Bartlett. . They have a Solid Team top to bottom. Have size, athletes, and guards that can shoot. They’re by far the best team 7-8 deep off the bench of any team I’ve seen this year. 

Lincoln County is well coached but after watching Upperman and Livingston play and seeing White County and a tough Cumberland County team play a few times this season I do not see how a team in district eight three a comes out of that region.  If they do it will be Lincoln County or Lawrence County.  Coach Tipps is mastermind coach in Lincoln County and does great things and so does Coach Scott in Lawrence County.  The wildcard is Page with Coach Coffman who has the best pedigree in the district and is a proven winner.  

On 1/12/2023 at 11:37 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Anyone who says that they haven't played anyone just hasn't looked at their schedule.  That simply isn't true with (2) games against Blackman and one against York.   They obviously have some cupcakes on the schedule and the beat them like a cupcake.  But you don't beat Blackman and York unless you have a very good team.  And after looking closer,  they started the season by playing 8 games in 10 days.   Including games against York and Blackman.  Thats just crazy!   Probably deserve a few cupcakes after that.   Its going to be fun to see who makes it out of that sectional.

I do believe if they can stay injury free and host some games they can make to the tournament in Murfreesboro they are that good.  It is the best team Coffee County has had in thirty years. 

10 hours ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

I do believe if they can stay injury free and host some games they can make to the tournament in Murfreesboro they are that good.  It is the best team Coffee County has had in thirty years. 

A lot of credit goes to the coaching staff. Coach Cope has them playing well. Just wonder when they start building that statue??

17 hours ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

Lincoln County is well coached but after watching Upperman and Livingston play and seeing White County and a tough Cumberland County team play a few times this season I do not see how a team in district eight three a comes out of that region.  If they do it will be Lincoln County or Lawrence County.  Coach Tipps is mastermind coach in Lincoln County and does great things and so does Coach Scott in Lawrence County.  The wildcard is Page with Coach Coffman who has the best pedigree in the district and is a proven winner.  

Lincoln Co is very well coached. They have a solid starting 5 but no size. Probably the tallest girl is “maybe” 5’9” IF they had a couple of big girls on the post they’d be solid. So they have a lot of problems with rebounds and guarding down low. Tipps has done a great job with the girls he has to work with. But they’ll be lucky to win the District. But have no chance to go further. 

On 1/12/2023 at 8:29 AM, Tully123 said:

Bearden has the 34th ranked schedule in 4a, Coffee has the #1 ranked schedule in 4a, Coffee Co played York and Blackman in November and December while you played East Hamilton and Volunteer, You will be in the boro again come state time no doubt, On the other hand Coffee, Bradley Blackman are 2-3-4 in the state and cleveland, warren, stew creek, oakland are all good teams  so 5 good teams will not make state. That does not mean they are not good teams. TCU made the championship game and we know how that turned out. Instead of bashing high school programs why dont you say good luck and just see what happens.

Strength of schedule on here only accounts for the record of your opponents.  It also doesn't take into account any out of state competition.  No doubt Coffee plays Blackman twice and York.  Who else is really good besides Warren?

2 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Well, they beat the 2022 runner-up of New Hampshire's version of Class 3A by over 20 in playing 5 games in 5 days. I know this is unimpressive for fans of wealthy, large, and mega-privileged east and middle Tennessee schools located in places in and around Knoxville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, and Nashville.

They play alot of teams, but until they can afford to pay a coach like they're an engineer or doctor the way Blackman, Bearden, and other privileged schools with large populations and 4-year universities in their backyards are able to do, they will not win a state title.

You can go back over 2 decades in TSSAA history books, and you will not find a state champion in Tennessee in a team sport in the largest class that came from a county outside of the largest 10-15 counties in the state.

That is not answering my question. They probably spent more in travel going to New Hampshire than most schools so save the woah as me we got no $ speech.  I simply asked who they have played out of 23 games besides Blackman and AA York?

Edited by Dadof23

1 hour ago, Dadof23 said:

That is not answering my question. They probably spent more in travel going to New Hampshire than most schools so save the woah as me we got no $ speech.  I simply asked who they have played out of 23 games besides Blackman and AA York?

Scotty P is a Bernie Voter and thinks everyone is “against” small town schools. 
He probably is unhappy with his job and possibly his wife. This is his outlet for his own problems and insecurities. Money and population demographics DONT win Championships no matter what stats etc he wants to whine about. I’ve SAID that Coffee Co has a great team. And can play with anyone in the State. But YES that Silly field trip to NH cannot be defended. 
It was a glorified Field Trip to play a bunch of pathetic lower class teams. Glad the Girls got to see a little bit of NH. But to say that’s a productive way to get better is a total joke. It’s indefensible. 
I hope and think CC will make a run in the playoffs. They definitely have the talent. But their Coach and AD concern me. Just my opinion 

• Sad 2

I want you to know that I'm not against Coffee County.  Just looking at a couple 4A schools with their same ambition.  Oak Ridge and Cleveland.  They have played really hard non district schedules.  Coffee's approach may pay off and theirs may fail.  I'm a Walker Valley guy and your schedule looks more like ours.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:53 AM, IPOPU2022 said:

Lincoln Co is very well coached. They have a solid starting 5 but no size. Probably the tallest girl is “maybe” 5’9” IF they had a couple of big girls on the post they’d be solid. So they have a lot of problems with rebounds and guarding down low. Tipps has done a great job with the girls he has to work with. But they’ll be lucky to win the District. But have no chance to go further. 

Beat a very good Lawrence County team in Lawrence on Friday and I think it comes down to both them and maybe Page.  Tullahoma is not very well coached and only plays good against weak competition, Spring Hill must be terrible looking at their scores, and seems like Marshall County is improving but another year away.  If Lincoln County gets hot in the tournament they could be tough to beat.

11 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Blackman was on the schedule. Webb refused to play Coffee. Coffee chose the schools that they did for alot of reasons. Tullahoma and Moore County were rivals that go back over 50 years. It's not Coffee's fault that their only cross-county rival isn't as good as Cleveland's or in the same classification.

The statement that The Webb School of Bell Buckle refused to play Coffee County (Let alone anyone) is just patently untrue... We have games open...