Coffee co?

Nontypical

22 hours ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

Coffee County will sweep their district and district tournament.  They should win the region and can beat Blackman as they have already proven so I do not think Cleveland or Bradley will put a lot of fear in them.  

Bradley at Bradley will win the region - PERIOD, That will put Coffee at Blackman for substate, I got Blackman by 5 at Blackman.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:29 AM, Tully123 said:

Yes we made a sectional a few years ago after Coffee Co had beaten us by 80 in 3 games. The only reason we made it is because Oakland upset Blackman and put them in Coffee's bracket. Coifee had already beat Oakland by double digits that year. I'm a realist and yes we made a sectional but Coffee was way better than us that year and caught a horrible break. Bradley, Blackman, Coffee, Cleveland and even Warren have a chance to go to the boro this year, to say coffee should be in the boro is ridiculous, Bradley to me is the best team and then Coffee and Blackman is a dead heat. All 3 are very very good teams. In order to make state Coffee will need to beat Warren in district championship, Cleveland in semis, bradley in finals and then Blackman in substate, very possible but not likely, odds say you will have a bad shooting night 1 game in 4. Hardest road to the state in TN. Coffee beat Lincoln by 50 and in my opinion Lincoln has a better chance of making state than Coffee. I also agree the numbers thing is irrelevant, you need 7 girls to play basketball so numbers don't matter. I do think a lot of kids dodge 4a basketball. D-1 players drive by Cookeville to go to Upperman. People turn down the Riverdale job to keep their kid in smaller easier divisions, Some people are happy winning the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, that's just today's mentality!!!!

It doesn't matter how many CC beat us by that year, if they were so much better than us they should've beat whoever they played right. We had to beat a team in Oakland that just beat Blackman right. So somehow that discredits us and our wins in order to make it to a sub-state game that we only lost by 8 at Bradley? Stop it would you, we earned our spot in that game. Don't try and diminish the body of work we put in to get there to prove a point about CC. We had a great team as well and competed at a high level and deserved to be in that game. We played a great schedule and fought hard all year to get there. How dare you act like because Oakland stepped up and beat Blackman it cost CC. CC playing those weak schedules and not being prepared for tournament time cost them. If they were so much better and that good they would've made it to the glass house regardless right, shouldn't have mattered who they played right? But like every other year they win district and crumble when it matters.  So pipe down when talking about Tullahoma and our accomplishments that year. WE EARNED EVERYTHING WE GOT THAT YEAR PERIOD.  ` 

45 minutes ago, Fawhy said:

It doesn't matter how many CC beat us by that year, if they were so much better than us they should've beat whoever they played right. We had to beat a team in Oakland that just beat Blackman right. So somehow that discredits us and our wins in order to make it to a sub-state game that we only lost by 8 at Bradley? Stop it would you, we earned our spot in that game. Don't try and diminish the body of work we put in to get there to prove a point about CC. We had a great team as well and competed at a high level and deserved to be in that game. We played a great schedule and fought hard all year to get there. How dare you act like because Oakland stepped up and beat Blackman it cost CC. CC playing those weak schedules and not being prepared for tournament time cost them. If they were so much better and that good they would've made it to the glass house regardless right, shouldn't have mattered who they played right? But like every other year they win district and crumble when it matters.  So pipe down when talking about Tullahoma and our accomplishments that year. WE EARNED EVERYTHING WE GOT THAT YEAR PERIOD.  ` 

We are 1-16 against CC the last 6 years LOL, iF PLAYING GOOD TEAMS MAKES YOU BETTER WE SHOULD BE GREAT BUT THEY OWN US, We have had 3 different coaches and Coffee dismantles us every year. I a realist, we caught a huge break and won 1 game after Coffee beat us bad all 3 games, they are just better, last year this year, next year. 

17 minutes ago, Tully123 said:

We are 1-16 against CC the last 6 years LOL, iF PLAYING GOOD TEAMS MAKES YOU BETTER WE SHOULD BE GREAT BUT THEY OWN US, We have had 3 different coaches and Coffee dismantles us every year. I a realist, we caught a huge break and won 1 game after Coffee beat us bad all 3 games, they are just better, last year this year, next year. 

That one game was the district championship Mcmurtry's first year. And why does it matter if they have won games against us? They don't win the gold ball because they beat us right? So that's irrelevant really. The point is to "own" the state not Tullahoma smh. Playing and beating good teams got us to a sub-state game that they still haven't made it to the last 6 years with "better" teams so.... Do you think that year their kids would've wanted to win district or make it to a sub-state game and chance to potentially make it to state? I'd say the latter, because you want the best chance to compete for a gold ball not beat your rival. We've gotten closer to competing for a gold ball in the last 6 years than they have so how good are they really when it counts? So what is your point exactly? 

7 minutes ago, Fawhy said:

That one game was the district championship Mcmurtry's first year. And why does it matter if they have won games against us? They don't win the gold ball because they beat us right? So that's irrelevant really. The point is to "own" the state not Tullahoma smh. Playing and beating good teams got us to a sub-state game that they still haven't made it to the last 6 years with "better" teams so.... Do you think that year their kids would've wanted to win district or make it to a sub-state game and chance to potentially make it to state? I'd say the latter, because you want the best chance to compete for a gold ball not beat your rival. We've gotten closer to competing for a gold ball in the last 6 years than they have so how good are they really when it counts? So what is your point exactly? 

The district championship was not the substate year, we won the district championship then lost 1st round of region, Coffee won the 1st round of the region that year as we were still celebrating our lone victory smh. Coffee went further than us that year is my point but we still celebrate that victory and most don';t realize we lost the next game and Coffee won.

3 minutes ago, Tully123 said:

The district championship was not the substate year, we won the district championship then lost 1st round of region, Coffee won the 1st round of the region that year as we were still celebrating our lone victory smh. Coffee went further than us that year is my point but we still celebrate that victory and most don';t realize we lost the next game and Coffee won.

Never said it was the same year. I said we've made it farther overall than they have with these "better" teams you speak of. What people don't care about is who you beat multiple times when you can't get the job done when it matters. Every other year we made it to the second round or better and they still kept getting put out with "better" teams at the same time or earlier. At the end of the day all i'm saying is quit bashing Tullahoma to make CC look great. We've never been the standard to compare yourself to when it comes to winning the gold ball, but have done some things they haven't. Until they do they'll just be a team that plays a weak schedule beats teams they're supposed to and chokes when it matters. Even the "win" against blackman this year was really a loss, the refs just had to make a judgment call that went their way. There are pictures and video of the ball being out of the girls hand in time, so blackman should've won that game. But it was a judgement call that had to be made by the refs and at CC no doubt and they called it CC's way. So until they do something worthy of all this praise they are who they are and no one fears them but small schools. They only beat Tullahoma by 6 at tullahoma this year, so what does that say. I respect the talent there, the kids play hard and have potential. But until you get the job done, potential means nothing. 

17 minutes ago, Fawhy said:

Never said it was the same year. I said we've made it farther overall than they have with these "better" teams you speak of. What people don't care about is who you beat multiple times when you can't get the job done when it matters. Every other year we made it to the second round or better and they still kept getting put out with "better" teams at the same time or earlier. At the end of the day all i'm saying is quit bashing Tullahoma to make CC look great. We've never been the standard to compare yourself to when it comes to winning the gold ball, but have done some things they haven't. Until they do they'll just be a team that plays a weak schedule beats teams they're supposed to and chokes when it matters. Even the "win" against blackman this year was really a loss, the refs just had to make a judgment call that went their way. There are pictures and video of the ball being out of the girls hand in time, so blackman should've won that game. But it was a judgement call that had to be made by the refs and at CC no doubt and they called it CC's way. So until they do something worthy of all this praise they are who they are and no one fears them but small schools. They only beat Tullahoma by 6 at tullahoma this year, so what does that say. I respect the talent there, the kids play hard and have potential. But until you get the job done, potential means nothing. 

I was at the game against Blackman and the basket was 100% good. I saw the AP poll today and Bradley, Coffee, Blackman,  and Rockvale are all top 10 in the state and warren, stew creek and cleveland are all very good, only 2 of those will make the state, doesn't mean the others choked just means its a loaded region. Yes we played Coffee to 6 at our place and it was a great effort by staff and players to slow it down and make 25 passes before we started our offense, only chance we had. If we had played Coffee's schedule we would have at least 5 more losses prob more, york would destroy us, Lincoln would beat us, Blackman would beat us, Central magnet would beat us, Shelbyville almost beat us and they are on life support smh

21 hours ago, Tully123 said:

I was at the game against Blackman and the basket was 100% good. I saw the AP poll today and Bradley, Coffee, Blackman,  and Rockvale are all top 10 in the state and warren, stew creek and cleveland are all very good, only 2 of those will make the state, doesn't mean the others choked just means its a loaded region. Yes we played Coffee to 6 at our place and it was a great effort by staff and players to slow it down and make 25 passes before we started our offense, only chance we had. If we had played Coffee's schedule we would have at least 5 more losses prob more, york would destroy us, Lincoln would beat us, Blackman would beat us, Central magnet would beat us, Shelbyville almost beat us and they are on life support smh

You really cant say outside of blackman what we would've done. Regardless my point to it all is don't downplay what we did that year we went to sub-state. We had a great team and accomplished some great things. Until CC does something outside of district it is what it is. Why have all of the talent they've had and never live up to the hype! I think if the girls play hard and stay focused the least they should do is make it to the glass house. If not it's just another year they had all that hype and couldn't get the job done. Honestly as much as the coach is hyped up I think he is the problem. He should focus on getting better during the season and getting a potential couple of more losses and being stronger during post season. But its all about looking at the records and seeing less than 5 losses each year, even if they never compete for the big games. There were closer tournaments they could've went to during Christmas that had way more talent to get them battle tested and let them see their weaknesses so they could strengthen them... but no lets go beat teams by 80. 

Edited by Fawhy
mispelled word
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are legit but they have some glaring weakness that you can take advantage of. Those two bigs are a nightmare for opposing teams you cant match up with them physically. If there's a team with really good guard play and can play fast they are beatable. I feel you need to drag those bigs out on the perimeter and attack them because they struggle to move on D. 

3 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

CC has 15 wins versus 1A schools! And bad 1A schools to boot, Trophy hunters!!! The coach is just getting fraudulent wins!

LMAO - Must be a disgruntled parent or just a plain moron, Whitwell and Moore Co are the only 2 1-a schools on the schedule and Coffee played both in another schools tournament. They have a top 3 schedule in 4-a and played Lincoln Co 20-2, Blackman 22-2 and us (tullahoma) which they  play every year and always will, They haven't lost a district game in 5 years with that mediocre coaching lol, 34-0 against the likes of Warren Co ( a top 10 team), Cookeville a top 5 team, Lincoln Co, Lawrence Co, Stewarts Creek, and have 6 district championships in a row. My daughter plays at tullahoma and I wish everyday she had went to Coffee, she just might next year. They beat York by double digits and who I think is a top 10 team in the state regardless of class. Have they went past region, no they haven"t but they got eliminated by riverdale, blackman, oakalnd and so on. All in single digit games that could have went either way. They lost to Blackman by 3 the year we went to substate and Blackman beat us by 40 in region that year lol. You don't win 50 district games in a row by being mediocre, PERIOD. Do I think they will go to state this year, prob not, if I had to bet on it I would pick Bradley Central to win region on their home floor and I would pick Blackman to win substate on their home floor. Warren Co is very good and played us as well as Coffee, 1 close game and 1 blowout, so Warren or even Cleveland could beat Coffee on a given night.  Does not mean they are trophy hunters or a weak team, they are very very good. This senior class at Warren Co is suppose to be great and i hear all this praise about them and all the hate for Coffee, after looking on Coach T, this vaunted Warren Co senior class is 54-56, not even .500 lmao and this trophy hunting mediocre Coffee team's senior class is 112-11. We will proudly wear the red and black next year and hope to continue this mediocre run.

• Thanks 1