Coffee co?

Nontypical

4 hours ago, baconbreath said:

No. BCHS and CHS are in District 5AAAA, Region 3 that matches up with Region 4 (Murfreesboro) in the sub-state. Bearden is in region 2 (Knoxville area)  that matches up with region 1 (upper East Tennessee) in the sub-state. 

Correct.   So 2 teams out of Region 3 (Cleveland, Bradley, Coffee, and Warren) will face top two out of  Region 4 (Blackman, Oakland, and Stewarts Creek) in sectional.   So in reality one of Bradley, Coffee County, and Blackman is going home.    

6 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Correct.   So 2 teams out of Region 3 (Cleveland, Bradley, Coffee, and Warren) will face top two out of  Region 4 (Blackman, Oakland, and Stewarts Creek) in sectional.   So in reality one of Bradley, Coffee County, and Blackman is going home.    

Now that’s a tough region/substate. I’d say one of if not THE toughest in the state!

1 hour ago, ScottyP said:

Coffee County won't be in that sub-state next year as they move to Region 5 with Warren County and other current District 6 members to be paired in substate with the schools from Franklin and Brentwood, but the Region 3/4 substate will still be the toughest.

As an aside District 5 is getting broken up too. Bradley Central is moving to District 6 with Ooltewah, Howard, and East Hamilton leaving Cleveland in 5-4A with McMinn and Rhea Counties and Walker Valley. Cleveland and Bradley Central will be a non-district contest, and I'm not sure that has ever happened.

Correct Coffee and Warren both move to new section (which they should love)..  Cookeville and Lebanon join.  

On 1/8/2023 at 10:15 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

I’ve seen Coffee Co several times. I think that they have a good shot at making the State. Yes their parents may be farming cows and living in box trailers but talent is talent. And nobody can tell me this team isn’t capable of playing with anyone in the State this year. Jus my take on them. They’ve got 2 really good and tall post players and 3 girls that can handle the ball and shoot 3’s. As well as a deep bench. They just beat Lin Co who was          
16-1 having won their tournament in Pensacola going 3-0 by 31. Their only other loss was to CC by 62-19 earlier in the season. So Coffee is definitely a team to contend with when things get Real. 

Did you just use Lincoln County in Pensacola as a way to say how great Coffee County is? 
coffee county is really good but beating Lincoln means nothing, here is hoping they make it far because I would like to see those post at the state level.

22 hours ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

Did you just use Lincoln County in Pensacola as a way to say how great Coffee County is? 
coffee county is really good but beating Lincoln means nothing, here is hoping they make it far because I would like to see those post at the state level.

No i saw them in the preseason at Independence HS and they totally outclassed every team there including Bartlett. . They have a Solid Team top to bottom. Have size, athletes, and guards that can shoot. They’re by far the best team 7-8 deep off the bench of any team I’ve seen this year. 

21 hours ago, BeardenBullies said:

best team to not play anyone. who goes to a tournament 14 hours away to play single a teams. 

Bearden has the 34th ranked schedule in 4a, Coffee has the #1 ranked schedule in 4a, Coffee Co played York and Blackman in November and December while you played East Hamilton and Volunteer, You will be in the boro again come state time no doubt, On the other hand Coffee, Bradley Blackman are 2-3-4 in the state and cleveland, warren, stew creek, oakland are all good teams  so 5 good teams will not make state. That does not mean they are not good teams. TCU made the championship game and we know how that turned out. Instead of bashing high school programs why dont you say good luck and just see what happens.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:21 AM, BeardenBullies said:

best team to not play anyone. who goes to a tournament 14 hours away to play single a teams. 

Anyone who says that they haven't played anyone just hasn't looked at their schedule.  That simply isn't true with (2) games against Blackman and one against York.   They obviously have some cupcakes on the schedule and the beat them like a cupcake.  But you don't beat Blackman and York unless you have a very good team.  And after looking closer,  they started the season by playing 8 games in 10 days.   Including games against York and Blackman.  Thats just crazy!   Probably deserve a few cupcakes after that.   Its going to be fun to see who makes it out of that sectional.