Coffee co?

Nontypical

1 minute ago, Indian said:

6 times in one post you implied “physical activity” with the coach by the other poster, sounds like some wishful thinking on your part. 

Wow are you serious "Physical activity"?  And you're response is ok? You need to grow up and let grown men use the forum as it is intended. 

On 2/13/2023 at 1:04 PM, mrbasketball said:

I was told by someone who should know that they were supposed to play in Florida and the tournament got cancelled.  So they were scrambling to find any tournament to play in.  

They could have “scrambled” to any number of high quality tournaments in East Tn. Going to NH to play a bunch of Grade School Kids is just a Field Trip. Nothing more Nothing less. Glad the Girls got to see a beautiful State. But that week was totally wasted on making them a better team. Tournament time is here. Well find out who’s prepared and who’s not. No doubt CC has the talent to compete with anyone. 

11 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

They could have “scrambled” to any number of high quality tournaments in East Tn. Going to NH to play a bunch of Grade School Kids is just a Field Trip. Nothing more Nothing less. Glad the Girls got to see a beautiful State. But that week was totally wasted on making them a better team. Tournament time is here. Well find out who’s prepared and who’s not. No doubt CC has the talent to compete with anyone. 

You can dissect every single teams schedule and find where they played teams that had bad records or were smaller schools. I get they played in “A” tournament that didn’t turn out to be great competition but you’re going to sit here and tell me the coach new each team he was going to play?  Not a chance!  And as for smaller schools I know for a fact just because you have a larger school doesn’t mean you’re automatically going to win. I can give you 100 examples of smaller schools bearing larger ones. I’ll just give you one, in 2003 Shelbyville was ranked number one in the NATION they came to a small town, Gainesboro Tn home to Jackson County High School. They brought “60 minutes” yes the TV show as they were documenting their entire season. After the game was over that same small school beat the best team in the NATION and it was captured on live TV. So let’s just let the coaches coach and the kids play and eat some popcorn in the stands and root for our team. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

3 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

You can dissect every single teams schedule and find where they played teams that had bad records or were smaller schools. I get they played in “A” tournament that didn’t turn out to be great competition but you’re going to sit here and tell me the coach new each team he was going to play?  Not a chance!  And as for smaller schools I know for a fact just because you have a larger school doesn’t mean you’re automatically going to win. I can give you 100 examples of smaller schools bearing larger ones. I’ll just give you one, in 2003 Shelbyville was ranked number one in the NATION they came to a small town, Gainesboro Tn home to Jackson County High School. They brought “60 minutes” yes the TV show as they were documenting their entire season. After the game was over that same small school beat the best team in the NATION and it was captured on live TV. So let’s just let the coaches coach and the kids play and eat some popcorn in the stands and root for our team. 

I’m totally pulling for CC Girls in the Tournament. I live here. I have a disdain for all the Big Metro Schools and their unlimited resources. Im just a little concerned about their preparation and scheduling. Yes all schools play lesser talent. I hope the Raider Girls are successful going forward. They’ve certainly had a Great Season. 

7 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m totally pulling for CC Girls in the Tournament. I live here. I have a disdain for all the Big Metro Schools and their unlimited resources. Im just a little concerned about their preparation and scheduling. Yes all schools play lesser talent. I hope the Raider Girls are successful going forward. They’ve certainly had a Great Season. 

Cotton County has a great coaching staff. Before your head coach arrived Coffee county was not in the conversation for anything post season. The guy has won everywhere he has coached at so if I lived in that county, I would do everything I could to support him and the program instead of getting online and critiquing it. I promise you it’s a lot easier to sit in the stands and coach than it is to get on the sidelines and actually do it, trust me I’ve tried both and I’ve never made a bad call sitting in the stands, but I’ve made plenty on the bench. 

On 2/15/2023 at 4:51 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Cotton County has a great coaching staff. Before your head coach arrived Coffee county was not in the conversation for anything post season. The guy has won everywhere he has coached at so if I lived in that county, I would do everything I could to support him and the program instead of getting online and critiquing it. I promise you it’s a lot easier to sit in the stands and coach than it is to get on the sidelines and actually do it, trust me I’ve tried both and I’ve never made a bad call sitting in the stands, but I’ve made plenty on the bench. 

I would say that Coach Cope has done a very good job while at Coffee County and has benefited from excellent talent and even better recruiting.  I would not go as far as to say he has won everywhere he has been, as the 126-102 record while at Dekalb is less than impressive.  Going 15-14 and 20-14 in seasons but only winning two or four games within your district is not being a winner.  Looking at more closely, for those that know Coach Cope was not shy about scheduling 6-7 HOF east wins to beef up that record.  Never having a winning district record does not make a winner, however scheduling cupcakes does.  All the best to Coach Cope and his team and I hope they are finally able to get over the hump this season.  

37 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I would say that Coach Cope has done a very good job while at Coffee County and has benefited from excellent talent and even better recruiting.  I would not go as far as to say he has won everywhere he has been, as the 126-102 record while at Dekalb is less than impressive.  Going 15-14 and 20-14 in seasons but only winning two or four games within your district is not being a winner.  Looking at more closely, for those that know Coach Cope was not shy about scheduling 6-7 HOF east wins to beef up that record.  Never having a winning district record does not make a winner, however scheduling cupcakes does.  All the best to Coach Cope and his team and I hope they are finally able to get over the hump this season.  

So you create a fictitious name to get on here and discredit Coach Cope all the while acting as if you’re rooting for him and his teams. What a cowardly thing to do. I was coaching at the time he took over DeKalb county and they could barely win a single game. Let alone finish .500 in a season or better.  Do you have proof of recruiting? Because you know that’s against the rules in T$$AA right?  So basically what you have said in this entire post is that he’s not a very good coach he has benefited from talent and openly recruited and that’s the only way this his teams have been successful yet you hope they can get over the hump… should we assume then that if they do it won’t have anything to do with coaching?  I’m guessing you’re a disgruntled parent maybe?

Edited by UCSportsFan

7 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

So you create a fictitious name to get on here and discredit Coach Cope all the while acting as if you’re rooting for him and his teams. What a cowardly thing to do. I was coaching at the time he took over DeKalb county and they could barely win a single game. Let alone finish .500 in a season or better.  Do you have proof of recruiting? Because you know that’s against the rules in T$$AA right?  So basically what you have said in this entire post is that he’s not a very good coach he has benefited from talent and openly recruited and that’s the only way this his teams have been successful yet you hope they can get over the hump… should we assume then that if they do it won’t have anything to do with coaching?  I’m guessing you’re a disgruntled parent maybe?

Sounds like you got all of it summed up in a a nutshell.  Since when did breaking any of the rules ever stop anyone because it goes on plenty throughout the state.
Disgruntled parent in Bedford County and not in Coffee County where we have plenty to be disgruntled about.  

11 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Sounds like you got all of it summed up in a a nutshell.  Since when did breaking any of the rules ever stop anyone because it goes on plenty throughout the state.
Disgruntled parent in Bedford County and not in Coffee County where we have plenty to be disgruntled about.  

Ok I get it because I’ve seen this happen many times. But let’s be an adult and quit hiding behind a fictitious name.