LA coach Kevin Mawae

theawesomebro

113 career TDs

129 career INTs

Career completion percentage of 55.5%, Best-ever single season was 59.8%. That would rank him 30th of 34 QBs in the current NFL season, and that was his BEST season.

So glad that clown is gone from TN HS football. Based on the way his college career is going, though, he may be back sooner than we think.

Again, scrub.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

113 career TDs

129 career INTs

Career completion percentage of 55.5%, Best-ever single season was 59.8%. That would rank him 30th of 34 QBs in the current NFL season, and that was his BEST season.

So glad that clown is gone from TN HS football. Based on the way his college career is going, though, he may be back sooner than we think.

Again, scrub.

There aren’t any scrubs who get to play in the NFL. 

Say what you want, but you don’t make it to the NFL without knowing how to play the game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

There aren’t any scrubs who get to play in the NFL. 

Say what you want, but you don’t make it to the NFL without knowing how to play the game!

I agree. No scrubs in the NFL. 

From the outside, the things Dilfer would say publicly and how he acted among other coaches made it easy fto dislike him. 

With that said, the team he put on the field last year and this year is so incredibly talented that you have to tip your hat to him.  Lipscomb is a very serious football program. It has the most talented kids in the state.  If they figure out how to play together, they could still beat any other team in the state this year. 

4 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Dilfer is the quintessential spoiled rich kid. Doesn't get his way and he loses his mind.

The only time LA came to Pope, Dilfer threw a giant hissy fit because we did not have 15 reserved parking spots for his coaching staff and wives. Some had to use general parking. I thought our AD showed great restraint. Spoiled and immature, yea I’d say so. I felt I got a glimpse into the real person during that exchange.

Pope went on to win the game as well as the following year :)

Edited by JRB

who gives a Hillary about TD's pro stats and career.....and whats that got to to do with ability to be a HC in HS....

,.....TN is full of HC's at the HS level that couldnt even keep a bench warm on the sidelines in HS.....Scrub on a pro team makes that player above average.....like or no like......that feller put a product on the field for them Church o Christers....

.....Booger got a big giggle goin on

Booger just sayin :roflol:

On 10/3/2023 at 9:48 PM, SportsTNFan said:

Anyone else hearing Mawae’s job is on the line at LA this week?

I seriously doubt his future is dependent on winning a single game.  Heck, Dilfer lost to twice to CPA in his first year with a record of 7-6 in AA.  With all of the noise, it's more about being a good fit and the staff that he has built.  Mawae has definitely reset the objectives of the program from a national program en-devour under Dilfer to competing for state championships annually as he stated in an interview a few weeks back.   They have only played in 1, maybe 2 games that matter.  They lost by 3 to Baylor the same week their transfer quarterback left midweek and beat Ensworth by 2 touchdowns.

Has he lost the locker room?  Has he lost the parents?  Has he lost the administration?  Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

I seriously doubt his future is dependent on winning a single game.  Heck, Dilfer lost to twice to CPA in his first year with a record of 7-6 in AA.  With all of the noise, it's more about being a good fit and the staff that he has built.  Mawae has definitely reset the objectives of the program from a national program en-devour under Dilfer to competing for state championships annually as he stated in an interview a few weeks back.   They have only played in 1, maybe 2 games that matter.  They lost by 3 to Baylor the same week their transfer quarterback left midweek and beat Ensworth by 2 touchdowns.

Has he lost the locker room?  Has he lost the parents?  Has he lost the administration?  Time will tell.

Yup ^^^^^^^

17 hours ago, JRB said:

The only time LA came to Pope, Dilfer threw a giant hissy fit because we did not have 15 reserved parking spots for his coaching staff and wives. Some had to use general parking. I thought our AD showed great restraint. Spoiled and immature, yea I’d say so. I felt I got a glimpse into the real person during that exchange.

Pope went on to win the game as well as the following year :)

Only 15 spots?! The staff and spouses must have carpooled. 

• Like 1