D2 way too early predictions

theawesomebro

Let’s be completely honest and discuss how the D2 schools are the haves vs the have nots. 

Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, Baylor, McCallie, CPA and Montgomery Bell Academy have pushed all of their chips to the center of the table and are playing to win.

MUS and Ensworth are trying to decide if they really want to go out and recruit the types of kids that will help them win at the highest level but may not fit the current profile of students they have enrolled at the school.

Father Ryan, Pope Prep, Norte Dame and Christian Brothers appear to have basically said that we want to give it the old college try but we could care less about winning and losing high school football games at the highest level.  After many years of doing this that said attitude is now rearing its ugly head and many of the old line Catholic families that would never have crossed over to the dark side are sending their athletic kids to Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, Baylor, McCallie, CPA and MBA. Is it possible for the have nots to resurrect their athletic programs, sure but it will take some major changes that begin with a complete attitude adjustment with their Board of Trust and administrators. A perfect example of how to turn a program around is to look at what happened when Lipscomb hire Trent Dilfer.

Edited by cbg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Let’s be completely honest and discuss how the D2 schools are the haves vs the have nots. 

Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, Baylor, McCallie, CPA and Montgomery Bell Academy have pushed all of their chips to the center of the table and are playing to win.

MUS and Ensworth are trying to decide if they really want to go out and recruit the types of kids that will help them win at the highest level but may not fit the current profile of students they have enrolled at the school.

Father Ryan, Pope Prep, Norte Dame and Christian Brothers appear to have basically said that we want to give it the old college try but we could care less about winning and losing high school football games at the highest level.  After many years of doing this that said attitude is now rearing its ugly head and many of the old line Catholic families that would never have crossed over to the dark side are sending their athletic kids to Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, Baylor, McCallie, CPA and MBA. Is it possible for the have nots to resurrect their athletic programs, sure but it will take some major changes that begin with a complete attitude adjustment with their Board of Trust and administrators. A perfect example of how to turn a program around is to look at what happened when Lipscomb hire Trent Dilfer.

I dont think it is the have's and have not's.  it's just comes down to priorities which is also what you are saying.  many if not most of those schools could do what LA did if they wanted to spend their money that way.  it's more the motivated and the not motivated.  not a secret or a big deal in my mind.  

the have's and the have not's are would be the public schools that have a juggernaut going and the schools trying to catch up.  that's the seemingly insurmountable gap IMHO.

9 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I dont think it is the have's and have not's.  it's just comes down to priorities which is also what you are saying.  many if not most of those schools could do what LA did if they wanted to spend their money that way.  it's more the motivated and the not motivated.  not a secret or a big deal in my mind.  

the have's and the have not's are would be the public schools that have a juggernaut going and the schools trying to catch up.  that's the seemingly insurmountable gap IMHO.

The public schools need to focus on academics and school safety before they even begin to discuss athletics.  The traditional inner city public schools are out of control and most of the time those kids are 3 and 4 years behind those kids graduating from the top tier private schools.

• Like 1

Predictions in the Tennessean today...

Division II-A

East Region: Middle Tennessee Christian, Friendship Christian, Ezell-Harding, The King's Academy, Providence Christian.

Middle Region: Nashville Christian, DCA, Columbia Academy, Grace Christian, Clarksville Academy, Mt. Juliet Christian.

DII-AA

Middle Region: CPA, FRA, Pope John Paul II, Davidson Academy, Goodpasture, BGA, Webb School-Bell Buckle.

DII-AAA

East Region: Baylor, Lipscomb Academy, Brentwood Academy, McCallie, MBA, Knoxville Catholic

West Region: Ensworth, MUS, Father Ryan, Christian Brothers, Briarcrest

1 hour ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Division II-A

East Region: Middle Tennessee Christian, Friendship Christian, Ezell-Harding, The King's Academy, Providence Christian.

Middle Region: Nashville Christian, DCA, Columbia Academy, Grace Christian, Clarksville Academy, Mt. Juliet Christian.

DII-AA

Middle Region: CPA, FRA, Pope John Paul II, Davidson Academy, Goodpasture, BGA, Webb School-Bell Buckle.

DII-AAA

East Region: Baylor, Lipscomb Academy, Brentwood Academy, McCallie, MBA, Knoxville Catholic

I think the top 4, maybe 5 in triple a are all in the east…

Edited by Flea21

13 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Division II-A

DII-AA

DII-AAA

A - Providence Christian is going to surprise some teams. They have great size and talent at key positions. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

A - Providence Christian is going to surprise some teams. They have great size and talent at key positions. 

I was thinking the same, coming out the gate they could be 3-0 or 2-1. The Cougar vs. Lions will become a great rivalry. Already is in the other sports with a lot of cross pollination. 

16 hours ago, Flea21 said:

I think the top 4, maybe 5 in triple a are all in the east…

If the top four teams at the end of each of the next 2 seasons all come from the same Region, is there a way for the TSSAA to shuffle the teams in middle TN? Ensworth might win the West this year but go 0-2 vs MBA and Lipscomb each yr.

16 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I was thinking the same, coming out the gate they could be 3-0 or 2-1. The Cougar vs. Lions will become a great rivalry. Already is in the other sports with a lot of cross pollination. 

Really interesting that the two schools are separated by basically a runway.

Hope you are well my friend. Two weeks and I'm pretty twtchy to get rolling.