R2-AAAA Knox Area

CU06

District 4 Semifinals:

Wm Blount 64 Bearden 41

Hardin Valley 56 Farragut 48

Seeding left to decide on Tuesday but we know Oak Ridge & West will travel to Wm Blount or Hardin Valley, and Bearden & Farragut will travel to Karns or Central for the Region quarterfinals.

Region 2 Semifinals & Finals will be played at the winner of the Karns/Central championship game this year.

Edited by CU06

7 hours ago, eyeinthesky said:

What would happen if Karns wins District 3 tournament, but loses first round of Region?   Would the Region then be hosted at Central, assuming that they win?

My understanding is that the Semis & Championship will be at Karns no matter whether they lose in the quarterfinals or not. 

On 2/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, CU06 said:

My understanding is that the Semis & Championship will be at Karns no matter whether they lose in the quarterfinals or not. 

If karns loses then it go to central , but if they lose and wb wins then it will be at wb…  karns has lost 2/3 to Farragut this year but Farragut has lost 3/4 recently 

2 hours ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

I think if District 4 sweeps the region quarters then WB would host.  As long as district 3 has a team in it after Saturday then Karns will host semis and finals.

No , it stops after the top 2 seeds in district 3, This was confirmed yesterday in the region meeting 

Edited by williebgovs04
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

If karns loses then it go to central , but if they lose and wb wins then it will be at wb…  karns has lost 2/3 to Farragut this year but Farragut has lost 3/4 recently 

Interesting matchups all throughout the quarters. Farragut has beaten Karns twice but that was back at Thanksgiving. They played again in early January with Karns winning by 4. None of the other matchups have played this year. I think WB is the class of the region and OR just behind them. Karns is playing as well as they have all year right now. HV and Farragut are scrappy and capable of winning Saturday. I think Bearden will beat Central but the Bobcats showed they can beat a strong team with the win over OR. IMO, I think Karns, OR, Bearden & WB move on to the semis but anything can happen this time of year.