R2-AAAA Knox Area

CU06

On 2/23/2023 at 1:36 PM, CU06 said:

Interesting matchups all throughout the quarters. Farragut has beaten Karns twice but that was back at Thanksgiving. They played again in early January with Karns winning by 4. None of the other matchups have played this year. I think WB is the class of the region and OR just behind them. Karns is playing as well as they have all year right now. HV and Farragut are scrappy and capable of winning Saturday. I think Bearden will beat Central but the Bobcats showed they can beat a strong team with the win over OR. IMO, I think Karns, OR, Bearden & WB move on to the semis but anything can happen this time of year.

You were right on all 4 teams. Oak Ridge played some lock down defense tonight. A 20-3 3rd quarter shellacking was the difference. Congratulations to HVA on their best basketball season yet.

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

You were right on all 4 teams. Oak Ridge played some lock down defense tonight. A 20-3 3rd quarter shellacking was the difference. Congratulations to HVA on their best basketball season yet.

Yes like I thought. Although I didn’t expect every game to end in lop-sided scores. The Karns-Farragut game was close until half. The Beavers sunk 4 free throws with no time left to take a 31-25 lead into half. Then Karns dominated the 3rd/4th quarters. Looking forward to great semifinal matchups at Karns Tuesday. 

Edited by CU06

Tuesday, Feb. 28 at Karns: Region Semifinals

Bearden vs Wm Blount 6:00 PM - Wm Blount is looking to beat Bearden for the fourth time this season. They last played in the district 4 semifinals with the Govs winning 64-41 over the Bulldogs. Prior to this season, the Govs had not beaten Bearden since 2004.

Karns vs Oak Ridge 7:45 PM approx. - Karns is looking for their first win over the Wildcats this season. Oak Ridge has won 26 consecutive games in this series dating back to 2013. The two previous matchups this season have been 54-59 and 67-64 wins for the Wildcats. **Stats have not yet been confirmed and approved by David Clary.

Edited by CU06

Two great games and great crowds on hand tonight. Bearden had a strong lead going into the 4Q but WB battled back to win 54-51. The Govs now 30-4 on the season after beating Bearden for the 4th time this season.
Karns rode the emotion and home court advantage to eliminate OR 78-72. Beavers playing some good ball right now. Regional championship should be a great game between two really good teams playing well at the right time. 

Not sure, being a D-B fan, who I want to play out of this game.  Already played Karns and got it handed to us.  Didn't have the full roster for that game, but we would have lost even if we did.  Maybe playing them again, we've learned and adjusted.  Willy B has been one of the top ranked teams in 4A all year...

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

Not sure, being a D-B fan, who I want to play out of this game.  Already played Karns and got it handed to us.  Didn't have the full roster for that game, but we would have lost even if we did.  Maybe playing them again, we've learned and adjusted.  Willy B has been one of the top ranked teams in 4A all year...

Both teams are really good this year and it will be a dogfight.  One thing that Bearden did last night to try and contain Caden Windle is to face guard him all game.  It slowed him down, but I still think he ended up with 14 or 15 points.  He is a great player and plays old school basketball....which I love!!!     Karns can really get it up and down the court.   Will be a fun matchup either way

I was fortunate to be in attendance last night for the two games at Karns and witness two outstanding games that could have gone either way. WB is so balanced with 8 solid players. Windle and Robertson are both outstanding. As eyeinthesky, mentioned, Bearden did a really good job containing him until fatigue set in and they began to foul him. Both teams are well coached. For the nightcap, the 3 free throws to tie the game at the end of regulation were clutch. In overtime, two prominent Oak Ridge players fouled out and Karns pulled away in OT. It should be a great matchup Thursday night between these two teams. Great crowd and atmosphere!

1 hour ago, FastGunFIfe said:

I was fortunate to be in attendance last night for the two games at Karns and witness two outstanding games that could have gone either way. WB is so balanced with 8 solid players. Windle and Robertson are both outstanding. As eyeinthesky, mentioned, Bearden did a really good job containing him until fatigue set in and they began to foul him. Both teams are well coached. For the nightcap, the 3 free throws to tie the game at the end of regulation were clutch. In overtime, two prominent Oak Ridge players fouled out and Karns pulled away in OT. It should be a great matchup Thursday night between these two teams. Great crowd and atmosphere!

Yeah, losing Ray (PG) in OT was OR demise. Like you said, could’ve gone either way. Karns end’s their losing streak to OR @ 26 straight losses. Incredible run by OR either way you stack it up, because Karns has had some really good teams during that time period. I think they have a great chance to make a title run this year. They have all the key pieces from a great PG, a really good big man, and 3 shooters all over the place. I wish them well. Thankfully for OR, they bring back every guy except for 1, so look for them to be top notch next year too. I could definitely see them making a run at state next year.

Man those were 2 great games last night!!! Bearden gave Blount a run for all they had , but just fell short ! Oak ridge looked like they were gonna escape until the foul on the 3 pointer that ended up tying the game.  

as far as the region championship goes. It will come do to the wire I’m sure ( interesting fact about wb , all 4 it their loses they were either tied,leading , or down by 1 with 30 seconds left )  karns is really talented and Blount has the best team they’ve had in 20 years !! David clary did say last night that he thought oak ridge and karns were the best of the region , not sure he was just talking for the homers, because the body of work doesn’t agree with that statement.  

I do think whoever will host Monday will make it to the boro and the team that travels will have a very good chance also