Heritage 2023 Thread

alphaking95

Last year after the Sevier County game they fell apart at Lenior City and Halls was 1-8 going into that last game and they pretty much folded like a tent. I really though after the Sevier County game they would win out and go 6-4. Then my buddy told me Carter got the best of them in a scrimmage on a rebuilding year and Alcoa snatched their best player that was coming back on top of that. Watching Heritage come back from the living dead last year was the shock of a lifetime for me and hopefully they can rise to another level this year.

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Last year after the Sevier County game they fell apart at Lenior City and Halls was 1-8 going into that last game and they pretty much folded like a tent. I really though after the Sevier County game they would win out and go 6-4. Then my buddy told me Carter got the best of them in a scrimmage on a rebuilding year and Alcoa snatched their best player that was coming back on top of that. Watching Heritage come back from the living dead last year was the shock of a lifetime for me and hopefully they can rise to another level this year.

I couldn’t have said it better myself, there’s going to be a lot of eyes on Heritage this year to see what they can do. It’s been a long time coming for the team since all their good players, you know, always transfer out. But this team has kept some of their best players since middle school. It will be one heck of a comeback story if they can make the playoffs. This team is very capable. All eyes will be on them, and I will definitely be watching them all season. I hope nothing but the best for the boys over at Heritage.

Edited by Elias287

10 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Was Heritage missing anybody?

I think there were at least 4 or more HHS players that had just wrapped up baseball season & had missed all of spring practice except a couple days. Two of those will likely be key starters on offense this season. (Likewise tho,  Carter may have been missing players for same reason?) Not sure abt any HHS injuries, except for one that was newly released right before spring practice, for an injury sustained early in the previous season, which required surgery. 

12 hours ago, Elias287 said:

I couldn’t have said it better myself, there’s going to be a lot of eyes on Heritage this year to see what they can do. It’s been a long time coming for the team since all their good players, you know, always transfer out. But this team has kept some of their best players since middle school. It will be one heck of a comeback story if they can make the playoffs. This team is very capable. All eyes will be on them, and I will definitely be watching them all season. I hope nothing but the best for the boys over at Heritage.

I follow all the teams pretty well in Blount County especially Maryville but you mentioned Maryville in another post and I can only remember one player, Jett who only played as a defensive back his senior year in the past couple of years. Alcoa is the one who has benefited on kids that should have attended Heritage over the years not Maryville. Last year the Williams kid who was a beast as a lineman, Walker who was the County MVP as a QB, Grey who is at Georgia Tech and the one kid who rushed for 1,500 yards as a junior back in 2015 went there his senior year. Those are difference makers and I could name a dozen more also if I looked at the old papers which I keep but Maryville comes to everyone's minds first. That is a big reason Heritage quit playing Alcoa, Hamontree said he wasn't going to play a team and get beat with his own players. If they lived in the Eagleton area they were Heritage zoned but paid the cheap tuition to get that ring.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I follow all the teams pretty well in Blount County especially Maryville but you mentioned Maryville in another post and I can only remember one player, Jett who only played as a defensive back his senior year in the past couple of years. Alcoa is the one who has benefited on kids that should have attended Heritage over the years not Maryville. Last year the Williams kid who was a beast as a lineman, Walker who was the County MVP as a QB, Grey who is at Georgia Tech and the one kid who rushed for 1,500 yards as a junior back in 2015 went there his senior year. Those are difference makers and I could name a dozen more also if I looked at the old papers which I keep but Maryville comes to everyone's minds first. That is a big reason Heritage quit playing Alcoa, Hamontree said he wasn't going to play a team and get beat with his own players. If they lived in the Eagleton area they were Heritage zoned but paid the cheap tuition to get that ring.

Well Alcoa gets them at a young age but yeah I know what you’re talking about. 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Good points, Barn. Although I don’t blame parents/players for leaving a dead program to seek the best opportunities to be successful & get needed support/exposure to play on next level (for the kids that have talent & legit could do that), what burns me up are the tons of kids (and their parents) who are perfectly fine to go to Maryville or Alcoa & stand on the sidelines in the #2-3+ depth chart & rarely if ever get playing time. All just to eat a great pregame meal & ride the bus, in hopes of wearing a state champ letterman’s jacket & a shiny ring- that they did little to nothing to earn, except show up. All abt chasing that ring vs getting a genuine opportunity to play & maybe make a solid contribution to s’thing other than themselves. For many it’s all abt superficial status vs love of playing. & community investment. But that’s the generation we’re raising. SMH. 

Edited by FarmTeam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

All open Zone. All but Walker played for Alcoa all the way through middle school. BTW, enjoy your new QB that played at Alcoa last year AT THE HIGH SCHOOL! Hopefully he's better than the poor William Blount QB transfer you "burnt at the stake" last year! Sad.

BTW, The Walker's Kid's Dad told me what Coach Hamontree had said  to him in front of other players. I'd got my son out from under his leadership, or lack of Leadership also. Hamontree had all the excuses in the world why he was scared of Alcoa.

Keep painting a fake picture that murvul does not get transfers.......:rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, FarmTeam said:

Good points, Barn. Although I don’t blame parents/players for leaving a dead program to seek the best opportunities to be successful & get needed support/exposure to play on next level (for the kids that have talent & legit could do that), what burns me up are the tons of kids (and their parents) who are perfectly fine to go to Maryville or Alcoa & stand on the sidelines in the #2-3+ depth chart & rarely if ever get playing time. All just to eat a great pregame meal & ride the bus, in hopes of wearing a state champ letterman’s jacket & a shiny ring- that they did little to nothing to earn, except show up. All abt chasing that ring vs getting a genuine opportunity to play & maybe make a solid contribution to s’thing other than themselves. For many it’s all abt superficial status vs love of playing. & community investment. But that’s the generation we’re raising. SMH. 

Tell me you've not been to an Alcoa practice or Game at Alcoa the last ten years without telling me you NOT been at either the last ten years with your above statement??!

At practice 2's 3's and Freshmen are rotated in often. Each group top to bottom are coached. First team is 1's, 2's and various 3's. 2nd team, 2's, 3's and 4's. All take part.

In games, 1's, 2's and various 3's will rotate in early and often. Typically Alcoa has a big lead in the second half and the 2nd team plays the majority of the second half. You will typically see ALL PLAYERS getting to play in a game. This IS the secret to success and the reason Alcoa does not rebuild, but, reload. They are Coached up to play the game at a high level. Even the young players are taut from the older players how to play the position and play to win. It is as much mental preparation as physical. At Alcoa they KNOW they're going to win.

1 hour ago, FarmTeam said:

Alcoa gets their hands on their main players at a very young age from the parents decision, who want nothing but the best for their student athlete, which just makes the rich richer, and then some of the middle school transfers and mostly all the high school transfers are just doing what you said, which is just wanting a ring or a winning team mentality, which continues to make the rich much richer. 

(and other programs that do it not just Alcoa)

57 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

All open Zone. All but Walker played for Alcoa all the way through middle school. BTW, enjoy your new QB that played at Alcoa last year AT THE HIGH SCHOOL! Hopefully he's better than the poor William Blount QB transfer you "burnt at the stake" last year! Sad.

BTW, The Walker's Kid's Dad told me what Coach Hamontree had said  to him in front of other players. I'd got my son out from under his leadership, or lack of Leadership also. Hamontree had all the excuses in the world why he was scared of Alcoa.

Keep painting a fake picture that murvul does not get transfers.......:rolleyes:

Sorry I'm just an idiot with an access to the internet. It would be nice when you all are handed those Championship rings you should send a few out to Heritage and Carter for being a big part of it as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Tell me you've not been to an Alcoa practice or Game at Alcoa the last ten years without telling me you NOT been at either the last ten years with your above statement??!

At practice 2's 3's and Freshmen are rotated in often. Each group top to bottom are coached. First team is 1's, 2's and various 3's. 2nd team, 2's, 3's and 4's. All take part.

In games, 1's, 2's and various 3's will rotate in early and often. Typically Alcoa has a big lead in the second half and the 2nd team plays the majority of the second half. You will typically see ALL PLAYERS getting to play in a game. This IS the secret to success and the reason Alcoa does not rebuild, but, reload. They are Coached up to play the game at a high level. Even the young players are taut from the older players how to play the position and play to win. It is as much mental preparation as physical. At Alcoa they KNOW they're going to win.

You should know your going to win against Rottenville, Union County, Kingston, Austin-East and Scott County. Now the other five games I agree with.

53 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Sorry I'm just an idiot with an access to the internet. It would be nice when you all are handed those Championship rings you should send a few out to Heritage and Carter for being a big part of it as well.

Dodge the recent murvul transfers question for a reason?

Does the Truth butt hurt `ol barney??

image.jpeg.400e4f24f209932605007c31acc59b11.jpeg