Heritage 2023 Thread

alphaking95

On 2/9/2023 at 6:09 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Much tougher schedule this year is one thing that could hurt. I was really surprised with the season they had last year but I couldn't understand the fall off after the Sevier County game. They went down to Lenior City and and looked like a totally different team then layed down to Halls next. Keep in mind Maryville lost ten on defense so I don't see another 45-7 game this coming year. When Maryville put in their JV team the play was pretty even last year and that's who replaces those ten on defense.

Maryville, on the road (maybe unless County can't pay for a field), wins by 28.  Mark it down...

37 minutes ago, GeneralRebel said:

Ridiculous Barney.  QB question mark is irrelevant on the season.  Last year they took a transfer and tired to fit him into the offense ( which is always a mobile QB, and no offense but he was not) and they made it to THE 6A SEMIS!

No doubt alot to fill on defense but the system will prevail, JV kids on Def will step up and be good.  Only, repeat only question mark is the D-line.  Offense will be better in '23 than last year.  Alot more Juniors that will contribute than anyone has ever heard of.  Senior class is not strong but Junior class has alot of talented kids.  Very few sophmores will be called on- only 1 O-line and maybe 1 d-line, no skill players in Soph class will contribute.  And no Freshman qb's

I totally realize the situation last year with the qb. What made it even worse was the backup situation was bare to the bone and thankful nobody got hurt. We got to the final four as usual but lost 3 in the season which hadn't happened in 22 years. The loss to Alcoa looked like a Chinese Fire Drill in the last minute of the game or Abbott and Costello," Who's on First" Then the team all looking at the three coaches sending in signals while time just clicked away and the crowd looked on in shock. Now last year against Heritage Maryville looked great but when the JV team came in for the mop up roll Heritage ran right through them. Just rememner no matter how bad you think Heritage is having a majority of your players back can be a plus. I have preached this over and over , Maryville has an athlete shortage like it or not and that showed up big time against Alcoa, West and Oakland. Maryville also had a discipline issue last year also that showed up at Cleveland. Back when we had Ellis and Gaylor I wouldn't give it thought about losing as many players as we did from last year but we don't.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

What's the real problem @ Maryville, are there just not enough horses in the stable?     Over the past 25 years or so Maryville has been able to take average athletes and put together championship teams.   Yes, there have been some D1 athletes over the years but it's not like there are dozens every season.

Not necessarily football related, but a certain principal is going bring down the whole ship if they stay in charge.

Last year the students at Maryville planned to wear black shirts when they played Alcoa which they call it a black out and that ding dong principal wouldn't allow that calling it racist. I made my opinion right then and there that's one who would make good buddies with the nutt case that sit outside the stadium last year who led the protesting regarding the Rebel name.  You get an outsider especially from Florida coming here to run the place and they'll have a mell of a hess on their hands to beat the band. Look what they've done to Disney down there and those idiots think that's okay.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, coachspanky said:

What happened with the Carter scrimmage last Friday night? Very quiet............................

Heard from another Blount Co. coach that was in attendance that Heritage was down 6 scores to 2 in the first half.  Don’t know about the 2nd half with the young guys.  

3 hours ago, Wetsy4Betsy said:

Heard from another Blount Co. coach that was in attendance that Heritage was down 6 scores to 2 in the first half.  Don’t know about the 2nd half with the young guys.  

My nephew plays for Heritage and I was in attendance. If they were keeping score (they weren’t on the scoreboard), heritage would have won. Carter scored 4 times, heritage offense scored twice, but heritage defense had 2 interceptions for TD and forced a safety. Nonetheless a very competitive scrimmage! I graduated from heritage mid 90s. Coach o has us trending upward! As for the BC coach in attendance, can assume it’s Willy B. I don’t expect that game to be much of a contest this year.