TSSAA Individual State Discussion

WrestlingGod

1 hour ago, SDTrojanJack said:

You also said you needed to go back to 2000 to Clarksville winning. I was just pointing that you only needed to go back to 2007.

incorrect. if you actually take the time to read the post, you will see that it says that the last non cleveland/bradley winner was soddy in 2012. it then says the last winner “OTHER THAN THOSE 3” is clarksville in 2000. last time i checked, soddy is one of cleveland, bradley, and soddy. so other than those 3…..you have to go back to clarksville in 2000. i know what i said. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

I wanted to give a special shout out to Landon Desselle. Wrestled almost the entire year on one leg. Beast of the East, Knockout Classic, Johnny Drennan etc. 

Tore his acl just before thanksgiving and still ran through everybody. Next year is gonna be crazy. 

Wrestlers are a different breed! Basketball player would be out for the season! Props to you Landon! Way to Spencer Lee it! The Fairview crew enjoys watching you compete! Big things in the future for you. Can’t wait to watch you at the next level in a few years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingGod said:

I know im a little bit biased on this, but Desselle absolutely walked through that entire bracket. He was three levels ahead of everybody else. 

And 138 was a deep weight too.   Brenot is great and walked through his bracket but it was not a deep weight. Lipsey walked through his bracket as well but 132 was not near as deep as 138. OW is a weird award as people can have so many different criteria.  Brenot was certainly deserving as were others.

9 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

And 138 was a deep weight too.   Brenot is great and walked through his bracket but it was not a deep weight. Lipsey walked through his bracket as well but 132 was not near as deep as 138. OW is a weird award as people can have so many different criteria.  Brenot was certainly deserving as were others.

From what I was told...

...they weren't going to give it to anybody who wasn't a senior.