Region 6-1A Tournament at Bethel

PCsupporter4life

It's looking like the Region title game will be between either McKenzie and Houston County or can Perry County get an upset over Houston County? Yes PC has not played too many good teams but played with a really good Riverside team losing by 9 and then 2 points. Then led the whole time against McEwen but fell by 9 and then lost in a christmas tournament. These girls had to beat who they played and they did that, even the last two games against West Carroll and Bruceton (both at home) without their leading scorer and District MVP. PC lost by 9 to Houston County last year but turnovers and missed layups were the reason they couldn't win. This team has gotten better and seem like they are looking to get a couple of upsets. However, McKenzie and Houston County are obviously the favorites. Should be fun next week

22 hours ago, maddams said:

Perry Co has had a solid year. The schedule was soft, but appropriate given where the program has been for the last few years. They will not beat McKenzie or Houston Co.

Anybody can beat anyone at any time. Yes they are in a terrible District. They didn't give up more then 35 in most games. However, they have played better then last year with the same type of schedule. Do I think they can beat McKenzie or Houston County? Which in this case it would be Houston County, it would be tough but nothing is impossible especially if their MVP who averages 18 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game has a good night and their guards continue to shoot above 35% from three. They are a confident group. Flashback: In 2017, They were 17-15 going into their substate game with #4 Forrest. They lost by 30 each time they played Forrest. But their stud guard who had 2,000 career points had 44 that night and they beat a team that was a State championship favorite on their home court. However, times change but they can beat them but it will be a tough game but that's why we play the game. By the Way, the game against West Carroll and Bruceton at home, they were without their MVP and a starting forward. This team is alot better then what people give them credit.

Edited by PCsupporter4life

17 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Anybody can beat anyone at any time. Yes they are in a terrible District. They didn't give up more then 35 in most games. However, they have played better then last year with the same type of schedule. Do I think they can beat McKenzie or Houston County? Which in this case it would be Houston County, it would be tough but nothing is impossible especially if their MVP who averages 18 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game has a good night and their guards continue to shoot above 35% from three. They are a confident group. Flashback: In 2017, They were 17-15 going into their substate game with #4 Forrest. They lost by 30 each time they played Forrest. But their stud guard who had 2,000 career points had 44 that night and they beat a team that was a State championship favorite on their home court. However, times change but they can beat them but it will be a tough game but that's why we play the game. By the Way, the game against West Carroll and Bruceton at home, they were without their MVP and a starting forward. This team is alot better then what people give them credit.

You have obviously seen Perry Co play more than I have.  I have seen them twice this year.  I'm glad they had a good season.  Perry Co had a great run of talent in the 2010s, up until around 2018 I think.  Then the talent cycled down.  

The schedule suited a program that is rebuilding and looking to have some success - nothing wrong with that.  Not every team needs to play a difficult schedule.  The best win on Perry Co's schedule is probably the wins over Hickman Co, whose record is 11-13.

All that said, I do not see them staying with 10 of Houston Co.  Maybe I'm wrong.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

You have obviously seen Perry Co play more than I have.  I have seen them twice this year.  I'm glad they had a good season.  Perry Co had a great run of talent in the 2010s, up until around 2018 I think.  Then the talent cycled down.  

The schedule suited a program that is rebuilding and looking to have some success - nothing wrong with that.  Not every team needs to play a difficult schedule.  The best win on Perry Co's schedule is probably the wins over Hickman Co, whose record is 11-13.

All that said, I do not see them staying with 10 of Houston Co.  Maybe I'm wrong.  We'll see.

Agreed. Last second shot at Riverside is the reason why they lost that one and they had Scotts Hill beat but did not shoot the ball well. Even if they don't beat Houston County, I just hope its a good game because all five starters and subs come back next year. They don't lose any talent.

• Like 1

HC is really good.  They beat us at their place but, they hit everything, played perfect defense, and we did not play well. 
Kizer, Brooks, and Stinson are fantastic.  Stinson can lite it up from deep behind the 3.  Brooks will handle the ball cleanly.  Kizer, if she plays, best defensive player they have. They are relentless and don’t give up. 

10 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

HC is really good.  They beat us at their place but, they hit everything, played perfect defense, and we did not play well. 
Kizer, Brooks, and Stinson are fantastic.  Stinson can lite it up from deep behind the 3.  Brooks will handle the ball cleanly.  Kizer, if she plays, best defensive player they have. They are relentless and don’t give up. 

Not to mention Gant . She is good at driving the lane and scoring. You have to work really hard on defense to keep her away from the basket. Houston County is a tough ball team. If they have everybody healthy and get hot I could see them getting  to  Murfreesboro.

4 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

Not to mention Gant . She is good at driving the lane and scoring. You have to work really hard on defense to keep her away from the basket. Houston County is a tough ball team. If they have everybody healthy and get hot I could see them getting  to  Murfreesboro.

Yes! Gant!