Region 6-1A Tournament at Bethel

PCsupporter4life

I am suprised HC didn't press more than they did last night.  When they did, they created some turnovers, and made the game close.  I did notice several times, HC would double team 50, and let the the guards shoot. Our press is one not many teams can handle consistantly.  We do have a tendacy to overplay that leads to wide open breaks to the basket.  We have more shooters than HC did, so defending all of them will be a challenge for PC.  The obvious thing here.  PC will try to go inside to 50 as much as possible. Briley Auvenshine will have to defend her on the post, and not foul.  

Can't wait for Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

I am suprised HC didn't press more than they did last night.  When they did, they created some turnovers, and made the game close.  I did notice several times, HC would double team 50, and let the the guards shoot. Our press is one not many teams can handle consistantly.  We do have a tendacy to overplay that leads to wide open breaks to the basket.  We have more shooters than HC did, so defending all of them will be a challenge for PC.  The obvious thing here.  PC will try to go inside to 50 as much as possible. Briley Auvenshine will have to defend her on the post, and not foul.  

Can't wait for Wednesday. 

We have good shooters. #3 is a sophomore, #14 and #24 are both Freshman. #5 and #50 are Juniors. They have more youth then most and they have literally gotten better as the season has gone on. Yes #50 is a big part of this team but when she came out in the first and second quarters, PC got the lead and kept it until she came in. Either way it was a great game and PC opened eyes. This next game, the Lady Vikings will have to play even better. Funny thing is, PC didn't play extremely well. Alot of the girls and the coach said they were upset because they should've won by more. However, HC is a great team and might've overlooked PC a little bit. I noticed a lot of the Houston County players and fans looked shocked they lost. It was just one of those days where not alot fell for either team and the team that made their jumpshots and got second chance points won. This game against McKenzie is going to be even harder. Either way, this young PC team is playing with house money, they are enjoying the ride for as long as they can. 

• Like 2

The relentless pressure was just too much for PC last night. We held Wilson to 4 pts.  We stopped counting forced turnovers at 8 in the first half.  We didn’t need our three ball in the first half.  We only shot two, and made one.  This PC team is young and will make be really strong next year. 

40 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

The relentless pressure was just too much for PC last night. We held Wilson to 4 pts.  We stopped counting forced turnovers at 8 in the first half.  We didn’t need our three ball in the first half.  We only shot two, and made one.  This PC team is young and will make be really strong next year. 

I think PC has a bright future. It is just hard to prepare for that kind of pressure if you have not faced it before. Where will Huntland /Mck game be played? I see Hunt. almost knocked off WC last night I expect this will be a dogfight for the Lady Rebels.  The Lady Rebels are looking  really good at the right time.

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I think PC has a bright future. It is just hard to prepare for that kind of pressure if you have not faced it before. Where will Huntland /Mck game be played? I see Hunt. almost knocked off WC last night I expect this will be a dogfight for the Lady Rebels.  The Lady Rebels are looking  really good at the right time.

Game will be at Bethel.